NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the road just past PH's house, it appears that there may also be a gate there. Hard to tell really, but it does appear that there is something across the road looking at google earth.

I've seen maps posted by other WSers that have JB's property marked as a house that is Oceanside with a dock. That's NOT what I have marked. I come up with his property being on the same side of the street as GC's. Located between The Fairway (in front) and Oak Beach Rd. (in back). The address is X The Fairway, and every search I've done shows this to be correct.

Thanks MK. Other than the "main" gate up by JB's, I can't see anything that looks like a gate around PH's, and there is no access to Larboard from an easterly direction (Larboard goes from PH's house, eastward, ending at what appears to be a dead-end, greenbelt area)

I took my XX The Fairway off an earlier post (i had XX but you have X). Regardless, they both appear on the same side of The Fairway as GC's place (and they back onto Oak Beach Rd).

Someone else mentioned about the boat at GC's, and I have to agree .. in the Google Earth image of September 20 2010, I don't see any boat at #X but there is a similar looking one at #XX.

I wonder how long the video camera at the gate stores footage, or if there are any other video cams in the 15 mile stretch?

LE never uses the word "suspect" publicly anymore. I don't put any weight into the "he's not a suspect" comments.
I can't believe LE is saying they haven't heard of this call. I hope it's just bad reporting, because really, that's uncalled for on Le's part.

Not bad reporting this time. Quoted statement from SC LE and sister's voice live on video clip.

"Homicide detectives have spoken to Gilbert's family a number of times and the family has never conveyed to detectives that Peter Hackett called them regarding Shannan Gilbert being in his home the night that she disappeared," Suffolk police said in a statement.

Sherre Gilbert insists the statement is false, claiming that detectives ignored the information about the phone call. She says she doesn't necessarily believe Hackett had anything to do with her sister's disappearance, but wants the authorities to hear her.

SNIPPED
Article and Video at Link

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=279098&position=1&news_type=news

More "not natural" items found today at Tobay Beach, not sure if they are remains yet:

The search for bodies on beaches on New York's Long Island continued Thursday, including teams on land, sea and air, as police say they are investigating items that are "not natural."

"The Aviation Bureau has identified a significant number of items that are not natural to that area," said Nassau County Police Commissioner Thomas Krumpter, reports CBS station WCBS.

Police said the items were found at Tobay Beach in Nassau county and they did not yet know if they were human remains.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054046-504083.html

I agree. Whoever did this does not even have to have lived there at all.

It's hard to describe to someone without sounding contradictory what this area is like. Yes it's desolate. But it's also busy in the summer. And when the OBI was there, many people traveled Ocean Parkway just to get there.

So that's why I think the bodies found may not be from just one killer. Most LIers know what this area is like, not just the few who live/lived there.

I agree 100%. There are even hundreds of commuters who travel fifteen minutes South to take Ocean Parkway West into Nassau County every day just to avoid the gridlock on the Southern State Parkway or Sunrise Highway. Then there are thousands of people who attend the concerts at Jones Beach as well as the fireworks shows (before the state cut them) as well as the air shows.

Literally MILLIONS of Long Islanders right?

But I still think the comfort level... the knowledge of where/when/how to pull over with a valid reason should law enforcement stop while the person is pulled over... well that's something that I still think narrows the suspect list down to those who frequent the area for a business or recreational reason. I do agree though that the SK most likely IS NOT an Oak beach resident.

LE seems sure they will find more bodies:

Police Hunting Long Island Serial Killer Fear They'll Find More Bodies

FBI Plane With High Tech Cameras and Sonar Joins Manhunt

Investigators hunting a serial killer are confident that they could find additional bodies as they escalate their search along a stretch of New York beaches where at least nine bodies have been discovered so far.

Investigative sources also tell ABC News that they are increasingly convinced that they are finding the victims of a serial killer and a second killer.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/long-island-serial-killer-cops-fear-find-bodies/story?id=13373493

I'm a little nervous that some bodies may have been inadvertently removed from the Ocean Parkway during a recent construction project by Jones Beach. Last year they were running a new sewer line along the north edge of the brush from Zach's bay to the Cedar Creek disposal pipe that runs under Jones island. Well they cleared that brush with a bulldozer and disposed of all of the waste in 40 yd dumpsters, I presume. Those dumpsters probably went to a compost facility or maybe even the incinerator in Uniondale. Well the found the leg pieces in a black plastic bag right by that track of land that they cleared. Who knows what other bodies may have been there. Nassau PD or NYS Troopers will have to look into whether any remains may have been removed.

Here is a link to what I am talking about:
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Jones+Beach+Theater,+Ocean+Parkway,+Wantagh,+NY&aq=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.432436,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=Jones+Beach+Theater,&hnear=Ocean+Pkwy,+Wantagh,+New+York&ll=40.601839,-73.469774&spn=0.001529,0.002411&t=h&z=19"]Jones Beach Theater, Ocean Parkway, Wantagh, NY - Google Maps[/ame]

If I remember it was somewhere between Jones Beach Main and Robert Moses much closer to Jones.

Nope. It was 100 feet East of the Gate to Oak Beach Association. It was on the water in the lot where the driver claimed he was parking and waiting.

FBI examined the computer of a Pimp, in connection to this case:

Official: FBI Eyed Computer in Serial Killer Probe

Authorities searched a computer belonging to a pimp linked to a dead prostitute found along a beach highway on New York's Long Island, hoping a record of her liaisons could lead them to a possible serial killer, a law enforcement official familiar with the probe told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The FBI examined the laptop of the pimp, New York City resident *advertiser censored**** C***.

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/official-fbi-eyed-computer-in-serial-killer-probe-1.2817667

The FBI examined the laptop of the pimp, New York City resident *advertiser censored**** C***, for a record of Megan Waterman's customers, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the official wasn't authorized to speak publicly about the matter.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17845288?nclick_check=1

I don't know whether this counts as rumor or what, but I thought you guys might find it interesting. I was talking about this case with a young single guy I know likes to go down to LI in the summer to meet girls. And he told me that some nights, if you're walking around outside the theater or some of the other hangout spots and bars, there are more hookers and drug dealers than there are customers.

Uhh... totally false information. Yes we have a few pockets of bad areas but for the most part this is one of the SAFEST locations in the world. I don't even lock the doors of my cars or my house at night. It's that safe.

Uhh... totally false information. Yes we have a few pockets of bad areas but for the most part this is one of the SAFEST locations in the world. I don't even lock the doors of my cars or my house at night. It's that safe.

He didn't say it was the entire area. He was talking about being near the theater on a concert night. He also didn't say it was unsafe. Just a lot of sex and drug activity going on.

Thanks MK. Other than the "main" gate up by JB's, I can't see anything that looks like a gate around PH's, and there is no access to Larboard from an easterly direction (Larboard goes from PH's house, eastward, ending at what appears to be a dead-end, greenbelt area)

I took my XX The Fairway off an earlier post (i had XX but you have X). Regardless, they both appear on the same side of The Fairway as GC's place (and they back onto Oak Beach Rd).

Someone else mentioned about the boat at GC's, and I have to agree .. in the Google Earth image of September 20 2010, I don't see any boat at #X but there is a similar looking one at #XX.

Thanks, SB. Just to clarify, these are the addresses I have:

GC: XX The Fairway (boat and gatehouse both visibile on Google Earth)

JB: X The Fairway (this residence is NOT Oceanside, therefore there is no dock. The Fairway runs in front of the house, Oak Beach Rd. runs behind it.)

PH: XX Larboard Ct (I see now that you are correct about there being no eastern exit from this residence, so you're right...no need for a gate. Must be seeing a shadow across street or something. Thanks for clarifying.)

I'm not sure why some WSers are saying there is a dock at JB's house, unless they have an address that is different from mine. I cross checked my address many times...it's X The Fairway for sure. :waitasec:

Was there any kind of a wild tide or anything going on that night, that Shannon could have somehow been pulled into the ocean? Or could it have so dark down there that she didn't know how close she was to the water? Usually the moon will provide enough light near a beach, but I guess it could have been pitch dark and we have heard she was disoriented...

Oak Beach itself is in a section of the bay that never has much current because it's surrounded by shallow sand bars and their is a cove to the west called "sore thumb" that directs the current to the middle of the bay as well as the South side in that area.

LE seems sure they will find more bodies:

Thanks.

I noticed this: "Searchers on foot are still combing the thick scrub and a WABC chopper today spotted officials taking a large black bag and several canvas bags from the brush and putting them in the back of a truck. Whatever was in the bags had been found in the brush. "

Thanks, SB. Just to clarify, these are the addresses I have:

GC: 17 The Fairway (boat and gatehouse both visibile on Google Earth)

JB: 8 The Fairway (this residence is NOT Oceanside, therefore there is no dock. The Fairway runs in front of the house, Oak Beach Rd. runs behind it.)

PH: 47 Larboard Ct (I see now that you are correct about there being no eastern exit from this residence, so you're right...no need for a gate. Must be seeing a shadow across street or something. Thanks for clarifying.)

I'm not sure why some WSers are saying there is a dock at JB's house, unless they have an address that is different from mine. I cross checked my address many times...it's 8 The Fairway for sure. :waitasec:

I had the exact same addys and came to the same conclusions that you did. According to Google Earth, all 3 addresses are one block from ocean front with no back yards going to the water, thus no docks. (I seem to recall though that someone said JB's family owned a few properties in that area, so possibly some WSrs are finding that through other street addresses ????)

Ok I listened to the Radio Interview of SG Sister she says the day after they reported SG missing someone called claiming to be the DR. This was before anyone knew she was missing, {the public} It is all very confusing! the radio interview is very good and worth listening to.

Once LE can confirm a call they can go back and see how that call was made. If it was a Cell Phone they can find the tower or last Cell site. Land line, same. VOIP which is Internet cable, all can be traced to the origin. Everything is digital today it all leaves a signature. It's very hard not to tracked, even with your phone powered down if the battery is in it is possible. If the girls who were found had a Cell phone on them, everyone does today the last location they were at is now known.

Not sure why people keep insisting that cell phones or digital connections can be tracked.
Too much watching silly shows like CSI i guess.
One more time:
The SK used pay-as-you-go or disposable cell phones to contact his victims.
These phones can be purchased with cash in places like Walmart or in small shops in NYC and no personal info has to be entered when using them. The Exact location of the phones cannot be known unless a trace is started by LE.
I am sure the SK used a different disposable phone to contact each victim to avoid being traced.

Same thing with digital computer connections. Some of the biggest oil companies, security analysts and even security companies like RSA have been hacked and the perpetrators have yet to be found by the FBI. There are ways to avoid being tracked online. The methods are outside the realm of this thread but it can be done by people who are not computer security professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo