NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Others have suggested that the child could be unrelated to the SK.

The fact that the child was wrapped in a blanket, indicates, perhaps, some level of "thoughtfulness" either by the SK or the other murderer.

Well, maybe it only seems like thoughtfulness, compared to the crass burlap, garbage bag or milky white plastic.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...elissaBarthelemy-SisMom003.mp4&sort=ascending

MsFacetious, Im not disagreeing with you in anyway, but I thought you would find this interview with MB's sister interesting. Around the 1:20 mark, the sister says the caller said he killed MB. But then she says it was so important to find out more info and her sister's life depended on it.

Didn't realize that MB's sister was only 15 years old when she received the SK's phone calls. Must have been beyond terrifying. She is only 17 during this interview (Interviewer - now, 2 yrs. later). She/family hoped her sister was still alive, and she/family felt compelled to accept his calls.

Looks as if a terrified 15 yr old, now a traumatized 17 yr old, simply spoke out of sequence during the interview.

How many People have gone into the water in OB never to seen again? Is the water known to take people out to Sea?

That's my Q too. Assuming SG was not trying to kill herself, she would not swim out. So if she just fell, wouldn't a body that close in wash up ashore? Or have I completely forgotten all the tidal info I knew growing up on LI?

Something tells me someone else thought of using this place as a Dumping ground. Who knows at this point.

That's my Q too. Assuming SG was not trying to kill herself, she would not swim out. So if she just fell, wouldn't a body that close in wash up ashore? Or have I completely forgotten all the tidal info I knew growing up on LI?

I cannot remember hearing in the News of someone being swept out never to be found again. Is it possible? sure, that's why I asked Artlover that question.

Just thinking...
Is it possible that the bodies were moved because wherever they were maybe the land they were on was going to be developed??? And the SK had to move them bc it could be tied to him???
Could the SK have gotten the idea after Shannon ran off that this was a desolate place and perfect for relocation??
And has anyone thought that the child could be an offspring of the SK? He could be a married man???

port authority brings to my mind maybe the SK is a bus driver, knows all the girls from riding on their bus, hears what they talk about, knows enough information about them to stalk them. Gets off work and goes to the location. Maybe something he heard stated by one of them triggers his killing? Just a thought. I sure wish LE would clear up a few things.

How many People have gone into the water in OB never to seen again? Is the water known to take people out to Sea?
the water does get deeper and swifter past brewers house and goes under the bridge into the great south bay. There are drownings every year there but most are related to boating accidents. I'm not sure how the tides would work if SG fell in...perhaps someone else on the board would or someone could look at tide maps...I'm sure the LE has done that as well if they think she could have drowned. i remember the water being pretty cold as well...although I'm not sure what the temperature would have been at that time of year without further searching.

This is not the link I was talking about but the Driver should be in here. He is in his late 30s early 40s I think. Anyway this is all i can find now

[ame="http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30969"]7 Arrested in Upper Saddle River - UtopiaGuide[/ame]

the water does get deeper and swifter past brewers house and goes under the bridge into the great south bay. There are drownings every year there but most are related to boating accidents. I'm not sure how the tides would work if SG fell in...perhaps someone else on the board would or someone could look at tide maps...I'm sure the LE has done that as well if they think she could have drowned. i remember the water being pretty cold as well...although I'm not sure what the temperature would have been at that time of year without further searching.

Even in the middle of summer the water temperature is well below body temperature. Somebody in the water would become hypothermic very quickly.

NEVER Happens. Never as in NEVER. It's not the ocean. It's a few miles from the inlet in the bay on a very calm stretch of water. No hairy currents. No "riptides". Some sand. Some rocks. But not a place where anyone would care to swim (except a diver or little kids). Yes there is a deeper channel near by but on the shore... well falling in that water is like falling in a deep puddle; the body would still be where it landed (not swept out to sea).

Around these parts, when we do lose boaters or people in the surf, their bodies always seem to turn up along one of the beaches a few days to a few weeks later. Too many millions of eyes on the water around here for a body in the water (or on the beach) to be missed.

No, she is not in the water (unless someone took her out on a boat and did the old "cement shoes" routine). Speaking of this, I disagree that JB is the SK because someone like him DOES have easy access to the water via a boat or two. If he wanted to discard bodies, he EASILY could do it out in the ocean. Anyone here familiar with the HBO series DEXTER? If you are then imagine the ability to dispose of bodies in the same fashion as the lead character Dexter does in those shows. A guy like JB has thousands of miles of ocean at his fingertips to dispose of bodies if he wanted to. It makes no sense that he would risk one of his neighbors spotting his vehicle on the side of Ocean Parkway while he dumped a body. That just makes no sense at all.

I also thought about it and we can pretty much rule out anyone with their own boat. Even if the person doesn't have a boat that can handle the inlet/ocean waters, there are literally hundreds of tiny islands in the bay (most of them deserted) with thick foliage to hide bodies. Those of us with larger boats... well have you ever seen the giant Igloo coolers we have on our boats to carry bait/chum as well as the fish that we catch? And then there are the huge insulated fish boxes that many of our boats have under our decks. I'm speaking about compartments large enough to hold several hundred pounds of tuna. And for our really, really big catches, many of us have insulated "Tuna Bags" which are literally body bags manufactured for preserving giant tuna by keeping them chilled for hours. Offshore big game fishing is very popular out of Fire Island Inlet. The area is loaded with Shark/Tuna fishermen. I'm pretty sure that you'd discover that JB participates in the sport. He could easily dispose of bodies fifty to ninety miles out in the ocean. His own backyard would never be a logical choice.

I think this SK wants SG's family to suffer more and this is why her body will not be found and when it is found (if the SK killed her) then it will be a horrific death.

I sure hope the FBI are keeping an eye out for SG's and others families especially the ones who had sisters. I'm thinking the SK will either contact them again some how, maybe not phone but he will. What makes me think this? The mere fact that he called them. This wasn't to torture the victim but rather the family members. He is sadistic, I sure hope the FBI are profiling the victims and their family's life. Something in each one of these families are a trigger for this SK.

Could they all have gone to school together? Could they all as children gone to camp together? I wonder.

I think this SK wants SG's family to suffer more and this is why her body will not be found and when it is found (if the SK killed her) then it will be a horrific death.

I sure hope the FBI are keeping an eye out for SG's and others families especially the ones who had sisters. I'm thinking the SK will either contact them again some how, maybe not phone but he will. What makes me think this? The mere fact that he called them. This wasn't to torture the victim but rather the family members. He is sadistic, I sure hope the FBI are profiling the victims and their family's life. Something in each one of these families are a trigger for this SK.

Could they all have gone to school together? Could they all as children gone to camp together? I wonder.

They will be lucky to even be able to determine cause of death if she is not found soon.

I just found out that missing Michael Taus lived on Everdell in West Islip which pretty much runs right behing Higbie Lane is West Islip, where a certain JB owns a liquor store. Coincidence?

I was thinking about him today as well. Whole lot of scenarios I can think of if a) there really was a male body found and b) it turns out to be him.

Thank you Seaslug44. I couldn't agree with you more.

Hi, Righteous1. A question to you or anyone: How do we know that the driver knew her for a long time?
http://bit.ly/icxeBA
Jun 28, 2009
DeFazio said he couldn’t release all of the details, but said the arrest was made in Hoboken when a transaction was allegedly going to happen. He said the alleged prostitution service was a driver-and-girl operation, rather than a street-walking type.

According to Hoboken arrest records, Shannon Gilbert, 22, Jersey City, and Elpidio Evangelista, 42, Jersey City, were arrested at 300 Sinatra Drive on Tuesday, June 23 and charged with promoting prostitution, conspiracy, and manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing a controlled dangerous substance.
I need to make a clarification though.....we DO NOT have verification the driver mentioned in the article is the same driver that brought her to Oak Beach.

I wish they would post more information about these women's lives...camps, HS, jobs, connections, best friends, and more... Maybe someone out there can put 2 and 2 together.

Asian, arrested with Shannan Gibert like I said it's in one of these threads. But it is not a 100 percent lock that's him, I mean logic says yes they have been running together before, Asian, it does not take a genius to put it together. Besides I think he tried to look out for her, that and make $$$

NEVER Happens. Never as in NEVER. It's not the ocean. It's a few miles from the inlet in the bay on a very calm stretch of water. No hairy currents. No "riptides". Some sand. Some rocks. But not a place where anyone would care to swim (except a diver or little kids). Yes there is a deeper channel near by but on the shore... well falling in that water is like falling in a deep puddle; the body would still be where it landed (not swept out to sea).

Around these parts, when we do lose boaters or people in the surf, their bodies always seem to turn up along one of the beaches a few days to a few weeks later. Too many millions of eyes on the water around here for a body in the water (or on the beach) to be missed.

No, she is not in the water (unless someone took her out on a boat and did the old "cement shoes" routine). Speaking of this, I disagree that JB is the SK because someone like him DOES have easy access to the water via a boat or two. If he wanted to discard bodies, he EASILY could do it out in the ocean. Anyone here familiar with the HBO series DEXTER? If you are then imagine the ability to dispose of bodies in the same fashion as the lead character Dexter does in those shows. A guy like JB has thousands of miles of ocean at his fingertips to dispose of bodies if he wanted to. It makes no sense that he would risk one of his neighbors spotting his vehicle on the side of Ocean Parkway while he dumped a body. That just makes no sense at all.

I also thought about it and we can pretty much rule out anyone with their own boat. Even if the person doesn't have a boat that can handle the inlet/ocean waters, there are literally hundreds of tiny islands in the bay (most of them deserted) with thick foliage to hide bodies. Those of us with larger boats... well have you ever seen the giant Igloo coolers we have on our boats to carry bait/chum as well as the fish that we catch? And then there are the huge insulated fish boxes that many of our boats have under our decks. I'm speaking about compartments large enough to hold several hundred pounds of tuna. And for our really, really big catches, many of us have insulated "Tuna Bags" which are literally body bags manufactured for preserving giant tuna by keeping them chilled for hours. Offshore big game fishing is very popular out of Fire Island Inlet. The area is loaded with Shark/Tuna fishermen. I'm pretty sure that you'd discover that JB participates in the sport. He could easily dispose of bodies fifty to ninety miles out in the ocean. His own backyard would never be a logical choice.
well its good you can say that a body would wash up if she did drown...however you could drown in the bay and people do every year that's a fact..its not that deep you are right...maybe only twenty feet at the deep part...and i do know someone who's son was drowned not twenty feet from the shore of oak beach so it can happen...but the fact the body wouldn't go anywhere but back up to the shore i guess is the salient point...but I do have a question...could a body be carried out the other direction? or get hung up under a rock outcropping and not be seen? just wondering what you think...

port authority brings to my mind maybe the SK is a bus driver, knows all the girls from riding on their bus, hears what they talk about, knows enough information about them to stalk them. Gets off work and goes to the location. Maybe something he heard stated by one of them triggers his killing? Just a thought. I sure wish LE would clear up a few things.

I don't know that he just overhears conversations and then stalks the girls. I believe he's a hobbyist. But here's a real eye-opener...I was reading UG just this morning and discovered that one of the hobbyists is...you guessed it...a bus driver. Didn't make note of his username, though, because I never made the Port Authority connection until someone brought it up here this evening.

Pretty interesting, though. I'll have to go back and try to find that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9