GUILTY NY - Mandy Jenkins, 30, North Amityville, 23 Aug 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
if her body has been found and the family has confirmed it, can the mods change the status of this case to deceased?

Wow, I'm glad that there's closure, but I guess I was hoping against hope that Mandy might still have been ok. At least she wasn't forgotten, which really seemed to be a danger for a while there. I suppose those boards had some truth in them after all. I wonder if the others mentioned are also involved? Rest in peace, at last, Mandy, and peace to her family and friends, too.

Just to clarify, though:

Joe was the boyfriend (arrested first)

Dave Newbeck (arrested in Houston) was the guy with the girlfriend, Jen, who people were saying was really responsible.

Jen, if I recall correctly, was accused (on the boards, so rumor) of stealing Mandy's identity, while working for the Suffolk County DA. Has she, too, been arrested?

Are all the all parties that people speculated were involved in custody now, except the girlfriend? I wonder if they were running all this time, or just went missing recently when the heat got turned up?

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/10/22/north-amityville-man-charged-with-killing-girlfriend/

According to the article, Joe, the boyfriend appeared in court to face charges. The DA declined to elaborate on other suspects, though Newbeck is mentioned in the article. Additionally, the body was found in Lindenhurst (which is what we thought last week or so). The thread's title should probably be changed to reflect that last part.

The wheels of justice may be turning slowly, here, but at least they are turning.

I was hoping she would be found safe and sound. So sad.

BF shot her several times and wrapped her up in a tarp and dumped her body at end of Franklin Ave, Lindenhurst.

The boyfriend of a 30-year-old woman who had reported her mysterious disappearance two months ago was charged with her murder Friday, almost three weeks after her bullet-riddled body was found dumped near train tracks in North Lindenhurst.

Joseph DeFelice, 31, who was recently extradited from Florida, pleaded not guilty in a Suffolk County court to charges that he killed his live-in girlfriend, Mandy Jo Jenkins, formerly of West Babylon.

But the charges against DeFelice unsealed Friday did little to explain what authorities think motivated the attack. Prosecutor Robert Biancavilla said there was a second suspect in connection with Jenkins' murder who is expected to be arraigned early next month. He declined to name the suspect.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ed-in-slaying-of-west-babylon-woman-1.2393012

There are a few new articles, but I'll include this one link, as it covers most of the updates:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/11/01/2nd-suspect-denies-killing-north-amityville-woman/

It seems that all three (including Jennifer Russini, girlfriend of Dave Newbeck) have been arrested, and charges filed against the two men. Apparently, the comments from that original article were spot on. The murder was in retaliation for Mandy refusing to drop charges against Russini for identity theft. I wonder if the other allegations, that Mandy's boyfriend didn't do it, are true, too. Of course, if he didn't help with the crime, he still ran and left her to be killed. Both men, by the way, are pleading not guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back