NY NY - Manhattan, BlkFem 17-40, UP7808, murdered in hotel rm, scars, clothes, May'94

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

WARNING PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberM94-03823
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)25-40
Estimated Year of Death1994
Estimated PMIHours
Height5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight165 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundMay 23, 1994
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 7, 2010
ME/C QA ReviewedSeptember 8, 2010
Location Found Map
Street Address250 West 77th StreetNew York, New York
CountyNew York County
GPS Coordinates40.782562, -73.981351
Circumstances of RecoveryUnknown black female was found in a shopping cart in the 6th floor hallway of a hotel at the above address. She had apparently been involved in a physical altercation with a man in the hotel during the previous evening. The Hotel was known to be used by prostitutes and drug abusers.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Description4", kinky
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
4 curved 4" scars on right anterior thigh, .75" oval scar on palm of right hand

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
blue-gray and white "Novel Tees" t-shirt dress size large, aqua "Bon Jour" underwire bra size 40C, black pantyhose, floral underwear size 6
On the Body

According to coordinates GPS this is the adress to the hotel, but namus does not state the name of the hotel perhaps it was diffrent back then cause it's in the middle of manhattan and it looks fresh.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I split this article into 2 pics so it wouldn't be too big to upload. From NY Daily News, 1/20/97. It states that the woman had 2 silver rings on her left ring finger (not mentioned on her NamUs entry).

31 Dec 1969, - at Newspapers.com

Attachments

• NY Belleclaire pt 1.JPG
    NY Belleclaire pt 1.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 20
  • NY Belleclaire pt 2.JPG
    NY Belleclaire pt 2.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 22
I split this article into 2 pics so it wouldn't be too big to upload. From NY Daily News, 1/20/97. It states that the woman had 2 silver rings on her left ring finger (not mentioned on her NamUs entry).

31 Dec 1969, - at Newspapers.com
“The victim was a short, heavyset black woman in her late 20s or early 30s. She was wearing two silver rings on her left ring finger, and police believe her first name may have been Theresa. She was known to hang out around Broadway and W. 77th Street in Manhattan, and E. 141st Street and Cypress Ave. in the South Bronx.”​
Sounds like she was a transient who spent a lot of time on the street. The rings on her left ring finger make me wonder if she was married at some point or had a significant other she considered to be her spouse.

Is it me....she looks quit young and actually even quit "healthy" in the PM photo.

I could find a woman going by the name Theresa....Marie Theresa Cherry – The Charley Project but she seems to have a gap between her front teeth (although in the pictures it's not that obvious) I have doubts about her story matching and height is off. No pierced ears mentioned in Jane Doe's file.

marie_theresa_cherry_2.jpg

Is it me....she looks quit young and actually even quit "healthy" in the PM photo.

Would you mind posting the PM photo here? I'm not able to read the NAMUS page. Do I understand correctly that Namus is no longer available outside of the US?

Would you mind posting the PM photo here? I'm not able to read the NAMUS page. Do I understand correctly that Namus is no longer available outside of the US?

I can reach it without any problems....I can not post the PM picture here out in the open...

She looks to be in her 20s or early 30s to me. It doesn’t look like her face is bruised or injured at all but it’s hard to tell with her dark skin.

I can reach it without any problems....I can not post the PM picture here out in the open...

Oh yes, of course you can't post it out here. Thanks for being sensitive about that. Thank you to the kind soul who sent me a copy of the picture.

Thank you CCJD. I notice that she had 4 curved 4" scars on her right anterior thigh. That isn't a terribly helpful description, but interesting non-the-less. A photo would have been very helpful. Were they surgery scars, self inflicted, or something else? How will we ever know?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute
Back