Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just saw this case and , of course, peaked my interest for a few reasons, mostly because i know the area from my younger days and i have a older good friend who frequented some questionable clubs there as a professional dominatrix / club kid in the 80's-90's.

first, in terms of her size, i think she could easily have been a small breasted woman - not only training bras come in A size, when i was 19 I was roughly her size, about 100lbs and an A cup, so i don't think that means she was younger or wearing a training bra imho.

also, i agree with a previous poster that it looks like the ring was cut and squeezed to size- maybe she found it and the initials were important to her so she self-sized it, or maybe it was a special ring from a family member that she kept on her. I would think that if you go to the trouble to engrave the ring, it is likely to be at least gold filled if not a gold ring, but who knows. Waldbbaums is a grocery store, there were no k-marts in new york. there are also plenty of jewelry stores in nyc and i remember lots of places to buy cheaper rings.

but, she was found very near the jewelry district. that ring couldve came from anywhere and other than the initials, i am not sure how easy itll be to find anything more out. especially if the ring belonged to her grandfather or father, or even mother/grandmother.

also, at that time there was a lot of action around there for underground parties and other kinds of debauchery. Many people wore vintage clothes, bought older jewelry like the watch (i had something similar years later as a teen) and shiny clothing- but there were certainly plenty of working girls there as well. and lots of times, working girls would go to loft parties, underground clubs etc and work and play it was, according to my older friends and even what i saw in the mid-late nineties as a young teen- a wild time.

forgive me if it has been answered, but was she wearing clothing or was it too long to tell? and if so do we know anymore than the tag? again, i apologize if its been answered, i couldnt go through all the pages.

to me, the cord and way that she was put sounds like a serial killer. its a very odd setup and could even be a game gone wrong, perhaps?

edited to add: the way she was buried and the cement issue, could this be linked to the mob? with the other pieces like the soldier that seems strange, but to use what someone stated before as a big amount of cement- i would think that they would have to be linked to construction or something, or do we know if it had existed beforehand?

just saw this case and , of course, peaked my interest for a few reasons, mostly because i know the area from my younger days and i have a older good friend who frequented some questionable clubs there as a professional dominatrix / club kid in the 80's-90's.

first, in terms of her size, i think she could easily have been a small breasted woman - not only training bras come in A size, when i was 19 I was roughly her size, about 100lbs and an A cup, so i don't think that means she was younger or wearing a training bra imho.

also, i agree with a previous poster that it looks like the ring was cut and squeezed to size- maybe she found it and the initials were important to her so she self-sized it, or maybe it was a special ring from a family member that she kept on her. I would think that if you go to the trouble to engrave the ring, it is likely to be at least gold filled if not a gold ring, but who knows. Waldbbaums is a grocery store, there were no k-marts in new york. there are also plenty of jewelry stores in nyc and i remember lots of places to buy cheaper rings.

but, she was found very near the jewelry district. that ring couldve came from anywhere and other than the initials, i am not sure how easy itll be to find anything more out. especially if the ring belonged to her grandfather or father, or even mother/grandmother.

also, at that time there was a lot of action around there for underground parties and other kinds of debauchery. Many people wore vintage clothes, bought older jewelry like the watch (i had something similar years later as a teen) and shiny clothing- but there were certainly plenty of working girls there as well. and lots of times, working girls would go to loft parties, underground clubs etc and work and play it was, according to my older friends and even what i saw in the mid-late nineties as a young teen- a wild time.

forgive me if it has been answered, but was she wearing clothing or was it too long to tell? and if so do we know anymore than the tag? again, i apologize if its been answered, i couldnt go through all the pages.

to me, the cord and way that she was put sounds like a serial killer. its a very odd setup and could even be a game gone wrong, perhaps?and

edited to add: the way she was buried and the cement issue, could this be linked to the mob? with the other pieces like the soldier that seems strange, but to use what someone stated before as a big amount of cement- i would think that they would have to be linked to construction or something, or do we know if it had existed beforehand?
She was described as having scraps of glittery clothing on body - from what I gather, sort of a Lurex material. The building she was found had many uses over the years, including a sex shop/night club

She was described as having scraps of glittery clothing on body - from what I gather, sort of a Lurex material. The building she was found had many uses over the years, including a sex shop/night club
Thanks so much! I went through but ended up jumping a page here and there so info got lost on me.

I think Sylvia Torgow looks like a good possible match for this Jane Doe. Unfortunately the photos of her are what appear to be booking photos and are of poor quality, but on the plus side, there is a side profile of Sylvia available (although she is craning her neck quite a bit in the photo). I overlaid the side profile of the clay reconstruction on Sylvia's side profile and they look pretty close. Doe's nose is more upturned than Sylvia's but everything else is pretty much spot on.

Although Sylvia went missing from Michigan, she was originally from Florida so perhaps she wanted to make her way back there & since she was a fugitive she would probably be more likely to try and earn money in less-than-legal ways (i.e., prostitution).

Sylvia Torgow - #MP34291
Missing From: Plymouth, MI
Missing Age: 18
DLC: September 17, 1970
Height: 5'3" (63 inches)
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Circumstances: Sylvia Torgow escaped from the Huron Valley Women's Prison on September 17, 1970. She was sentenced years 2-4 years for credit card theft and escaped five months into her sentence. Sylvia is originally from Florida. (per Doe Network)
34291_181523 (1).jpg5703_21152.jpg
5703_21146.jpg34291_181529.jpgoverlay1.jpgoverlay3.jpg

I think Sylvia Torgow looks like a good possible match for this Jane Doe. Unfortunately the photos of her are what appear to be booking photos and are of poor quality, but on the plus side, there is a side profile of Sylvia available (although she is craning her neck quite a bit in the photo). I overlaid the side profile of the clay reconstruction on Sylvia's side profile and they look pretty close. Doe's nose is more upturned than Sylvia's but everything else is pretty much spot on.

Although Sylvia went missing from Michigan, she was originally from Florida so perhaps she wanted to make her way back there & since she was a fugitive she would probably be more likely to try and earn money in less-than-legal ways (i.e., prostitution).

Sylvia Torgow - #MP34291
Missing From: Plymouth, MI
Missing Age: 18
DLC: September 17, 1970
Height: 5'3" (63 inches)
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Circumstances: Sylvia Torgow escaped from the Huron Valley Women's Prison on September 17, 1970. She was sentenced years 2-4 years for credit card theft and escaped five months into her sentence. Sylvia is originally from Florida. (per Doe Network)
View attachment 416078View attachment 416079
View attachment 416080View attachment 416081View attachment 416082View attachment 416084
Midtown Jane Doe ears seem significantly lower looking from head on but again it could be the angle

Attachments

• 16EA5780-9614-421A-BE95-064291460CD8.jpeg
    16EA5780-9614-421A-BE95-064291460CD8.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 12
First off, I would like to say wonderful work on this thread w exclusion list, links etc. It’s been awhile since I’ve re visited this page/case and it’s nice to see some activity. This case has always haunted me. I am wondering if anyone has tossed around the idea of midtown Jane doe being Diane Sue Gilchrist? I didn’t see her on exclusion list but if she’s been brought up before, I apologize I didn’t see. *I apologize if I’m not attaching Namus link correctly!

Diane Sue Gilchrist
It’s possible, although it sounds like it is more likely Diane never left the PNW. Clark County officials have said that they believe Diane is a victim of serial killer Warren Forrest as she was seen getting into a van (Forrest used a van to abduct his victims). All of Forrest’s victims were buried in WA. It’s still worth it to submit, if nothing else than to narrow down the list of possible IDs.

I just received a response from the woman handling the case saying that they will be reviewing the info I sent in. I will absolutely keep everyone posted - Bumping for Diane and Midtown Jane Doe
Yay! I already was gonna bump for our girl. Guess she’ll be glad to know she’ll be double bumped. She would be happy to know people have not forgotten about her after 20 years. Hoping she gets named soon so she can rest in peace knowing she has her name back. Bumping for Jane Doe and Diane. Also Sylvia ;) She looks like a match too.

I would def submit. The teeth are so close.
I just received a response from the woman handling the case saying that they will be reviewing the info I sent in. I will absolutely keep everyone posted - Bumping for Diane and Midtown Jane Doe
Lex141 jane doe really looks like a match to Diane. I have to say I have been searching for midtown jane doe and trying to match the teeth (which btw I keep in my pictures on my cellphone ha!) for years now..and that is the closest I have seen. And when you did the overlay it blew me away!! Omg .. I never seen Diane In my searches either . First time I seen Diane us when you posted here on this thread. Please keep us posted!!!!

Yay! I already was gonna bump for our girl. Guess she’ll be glad to know she’ll be double bumped. She would be happy to know people have not forgotten about her after 20 years. Hoping she gets named soon so she can rest in peace knowing she has her name back. Bumping for Jane Doe and Diane. Also Sylvia ;) She looks like a match too.
I would def submit. The teeth are so close.

Lex141 jane doe really looks like a match to Diane. I have to say I have been searching for midtown jane doe and trying to match the teeth (which btw I keep in my pictures on my cellphone ha!) for years now..and that is the closest I have seen. And when you did the overlay it blew me away!! Omg .. I never seen Diane In my searches either . First time I seen Diane us when you posted here on this thread. Please keep us posted!!!!
I have never come across Diane in any of my searches either. I truly think it’s because people are convinced she was a west coast Warren Forrest. And I had to lol at keeping teeth photo on phone, only a sleuth would understand! Bumping for our Doe and Diane!

I received an email from Namus Region 2 contact (Washington State) in which the Region 6 (NY State) was CC. This means they are now both officially aware of the potential match and in contact about it.

Fingers crossed that Jane Doe/Diane can finally rest, I can’t stop looking at the dental overlays, included them in emails as well.

Gilchrist is a surname of ethnic Scottish origin and is also seen in the form of McGilchrist. If Jane Doe is in fact Diane, the ring could be an heirloom from someone whose first name began with P and still carried the patronymic Mc- prefix in the Gilchrist surname.

Much love to Diane and Jane Doe.

Gilchrist is a surname of ethnic Scottish origin and is also seen in the form of McGilchrist. If Jane Doe is in fact Diane, the ring could be an heirloom from someone whose first name began with P and still carried the patronymic Mc- prefix in the Gilchrist surname.

Much love to Diane and Jane Doe.
Great call!!!! For whatever reason people associate Mc with being an Irish only thing. Changing surnames was so common back then, I have a very basic last name that was changed from a very Irish sounding name back in Ellis Island. In my ancestral research end, I can only find one Diane Gilchrist born 1959, plus or minus 10 years. In Ohio. The date is off however this is so common in ancestry work (one of my biggest passions, I’ve done it for years and have found many errors along the way in my own tree and others!) That would make sense with the Isotrophic findings saying our Doe is most likely from the Midwest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back