Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

The Post article said there was a hair from the CS, don't know, though, it would necessarily be the killer's: "There, cops discovered that hair found in the rug that was not the victim’s. The clue points to a white male who could be the killer, Gardiner said."

<modsnip: referenced post was snipped>

Club was in the basement, there's a YouTube video showing what the inside of the club was like when operational.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing this in Post: "Glas set to work combing through public and Brooklyn church records to then piece together the short life of McGlone, who grew up in a house on Third Avenue in Sunset Park, attended Catholic school and then public high school for a mere eight days before marrying a man in his early 30s around 1968 or ’69 and disappearing." ...
'
"Glas said the teen’s mystery husband was linked to the Hell’s Kitchen building where her body was found. 'We’re still working on getting information on him, trying to verify what his situation was with her,' Glas said. 'At this point in the investigation, what I can say is, he does have a connection to where she was found.'”

Hmmmmm. Wonder what it is. So he'd be like 1933-1938 dob, so he'd be like 85-90 yo. May be deceased, I would think. ‘Midtown Jane Doe’ finally ID’d — thanks partly to eerie twist — 20 years after remains found in cement at former NYC hot spot

Last edited:
It sure sounds like her husband did it. I'd imagine she was put in the basement after the nightclub closed. The above article says she was 17 to 19 when she died. I'd very surprised if her husband wasn't deceased. On another note, her mother, who died in 1972, had the same name as her ( maiden name Gilligan) so it's possible the ring belonged to her mother at first, too. Her mother remarried, so she may have given the ring to her daughter.

I found this video that may be the one mentioned above by @snooptroop88. Begins with a clip of Janis Joplin interview, but beginning at approx 1m28s mark, Jim Morrison & entourage are filmed while walking into The Scene and through the club to the stage to perform a show. According to the flyer shown, The Doors were performing from some date in June through to July 2nd at the club. 1967 were their performances IAW Wikipedia.

There's what looks to be some very young spectators and some not so young. Dank, dark and definitely 'underground'.

The Doors 'Steve Paul's THE SCENE'

Also found some images via searching 'The Scene Club New York City'. The first result (on my search) is an interesting photo in that it shows the same club canopy that The Doors are walking under from a wide angle and visible in the window next door is a sign that somewhat goes to advertise what the business next door in the building at the time was about.

I just ran across this profile on NamUs and am getting caught up on the thread. I do not understand why LE thinks that this UID died in the 1990s or later. With a 1969 coin and a 1966 watch found with the body, it is practically screaming to me, "I DIED SOMETIME BEFORE 1980!" (though I do agree that Judy sounds like an extremely good match and I am dismayed to see so many rule-outs without her name on the list -- it's been 3 years since her sister reported the potential match and since Judy has living relatives, and since it seems they've been able to do DNA comparisons with other MPs, why is it taking so long to rule Judy in or out?). I mean, just one of those things and I would dismiss it as "she just had a really old item" -- but both? And if she was a prostitute, how many of those fancy vintage watches? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Next thought: Pantyhose? If the UID was wearing pantyhose, I think she died sometime long before 1992. By the 1990s (even really, by the 1980s, if I recall), very few young non-professional (as in white collar worker, not prostitute) women were wearing them except in the most formal of circumstances or if they were forced to (like I was as a waitress in the 90s). They were definitely not something I would have worn very often if left to my own devices. Yet, my mother's generation would have not been caught dead without them in the 1960s-1970s. So, to me, that's another piece of data that suggests to me that this woman/girl died long before 1992. Finally... bits of sequins and such does not, I hope, mean "prostitute" since I and many of my friends have been known to wear sequins, just sayin'!
I've always been convinced that she died earlier than previously believed!

@Vern
This one for The Scene: Celebrating Steve Paul's The Scene

And I've looked and looked again, I can't find any better footage of the place than at that link.
Very good graphic description of the basement in your link (found just under the photo of Greg Shaw of Bomp Records Fame):

Here's a piece written by Greg Shaw in Hullaballoo magazine circa 1967: "Steve Paul's The Scene is a popular midtown nightclub at 46th St. and 8th Ave. It sports a labyrinth floor plan which extends through a bizarre network of brick walled cellar rooms and passageways. While the club caters primarily to the jet-set, it also attracts a growing number of the hippie community.

Also ... at the very bottom of the page --- quite the interesting comment that very last one is.

Husband was in his 30s, a massive age difference. Reminds me of the Patty Otto case. I suspect DV and a husband who thought a very young girl would be a malleable obedient wife. Did not allow her to finish school, got her pregnant right away. And finally killed her and buried her in the basement when she did not turn out to be as obedient as she should.
Note that she had not seen a dentist in a good year or more while she had dental care before. Likely he did not allow her to go to the dentist or she had no access to his insurance.

JMOO

Skimming through a bunch of sources, and some are noting LE is putting the time of death at 1969. Still wondering if there's some wiggle room with that. But what happened to this poor girl? Did the husband murder her? Some guy who worked in construction and went riding off the rails? I mean, he went riding off the rails in such a way that he's escaped detection for decades, and we only just figured out who the poor victim was. That just doesn't have the look to me of random construction guy just riding off the rails. If it was the husband, maybe he used an alias, maybe that's not even his right name. And where's her wedding ring? This guy was in his 30s, right? I'd imagine she had a ring. Still thinking that whether it's the husband or not, this girl's circumstances look too close to the 2008 Tribeca Jane Doe's to be unrelated. If '69 is actual date of death here, that's a 15 year spread to minimum date when 2008 JD was murdered. And 2008 JD was also in concrete, in a basement of building that also hosted parties/"clubby" type scene sort of thing, and record company for a while at that address. Another young, attractive looking woman. I hope we get more updates on this!

<modsnip>

Only certain people have access to buildings, especially access to move a body and cover it with concrete without immediate discovery by someone.

MOO

<modsnip> Do they think she died/ was buried approx. 1969?
I wonder if the owner was aware and that's why he closed the club. or just coincidental it closed the same year or the club was empty and a perfect place to bury a body with no witnesses? MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny