NY NY - Manhattan, MultMale 14-19, UP116674, long hair, cloth bracelet, found in Hudson River, Feb'24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
UID Multiple Male (White, Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic)
NamUs: UP116674
New York City, New York

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: M24-04646

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino, Asian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years): 14-19
Height: 5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight: 151 lbs, Measured

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: February 6, 2024
NamUs Case Created: February 20, 2024

Location Found Map

County: New York County
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: Unknown teenage boy recovered from the Hudson River. There are no leads to his identity.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains; Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: The hair is long and wavy on top of the head and cut short on the sides and back of the head. The long hair is tied up in a bun with a hair tie.
Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Information Entered​

Clothing and Accessories​

ItemDescriptionLocation
ClothingRed hoodie sweatshirt, with "Champion" written in black all over it, size XLBlack "Boyz in the Hood" t-shirt, size SBlack zip up jacket with hoodBlack sweatpants, with "Los Angeles" in white on the front left pocketBlack shorts with "BC Rec" in white on the front left legBlack boxer briefs with "Michael Adams" written on the waistbandBlack socksBlack balaclava face maskOn the Body
FootwearBlack Nike SneakersOn the Body
JewelryPink/red cloth bracelet on the right wristOn the Body
UP116674hoodieresized.jpg
UP116674tshirt.jpg

UP116674sweatpants.jpg
UP116674shorts.jpg
UP116674balaclavaredux.jpg
UP116674shoes1.jpg
UP116674shoes2.jpg
UP116674 bracelet.jpg

1 MP Exclusion

MP112789 - Derek Estrella (New York, New York) DLC: 10/27/23 - Also listed as Verona, NJ by NCMEC and Nutley, NJ NCMEC

Media Coverage
Body found floating in Hudson River: NYPD -
MANHATTAN, N.Y. (PIX11) — A body was found floating in the Hudson River on Tuesday, according to police.

Officials told PIX11 the body was found floating near 134th Street in Manhattan. Details of how the person ended up in the water or how long they had been there were not immediately released.

Possible match?

Clothing and Accessories
ItemDescriptionLocation
ClothingRed hoodie sweatshirt, with "Champion" written in black all over it, size XLBlack "Boyz in the Hood" t-shirt, size SBlack zip up jacket with hoodBlack sweatpants, with "Los Angeles" in white on the front left pocketBlack shorts with "BC Rec" in white on the front left legBlack boxer briefs with "Michael Adams" written on the waistbandBlack socksBlack balaclava face maskOn the Body
FootwearBlack Nike SneakersOn the Body
JewelryPink/red cloth bracelet on the right wristOn the Body
[
He might have been Catholic as the bracelet is a Rosary decade (10 prayer knots, with a cross).

The totality of the clothing could suggest the deceased was part of the vague urban youth sub culture- though I am very ignorant of the latest clothing trends associated with it.

One thing that seems strange is possible urban youth type clothing, but the lack of NYC motifs on the clothing. Instead of "NYC" or say, 'Bronx', 'Brooklyn', Yankees logos etc, he has "LA" and "Boyz in the Hood"- also set in LA. It just seem off for NYC.

I cant help but remember the "pro LA" graffitti that I saw on the Brooklyn Bridge which had been crossed out with expletive driven uhmm.... "statements of disagreement". Maybe a runaway from the LA area and still in LA urban wear?

Last edited:
I wondered if he was RC after noticing the rosary knot bracelet although people wear all manner of items of religious significance that have nothing to do with their faith. Remember a few years ago when Madonna and tons of other celebs wore Kabbalah bracelets and those who went to cultish Hillsong church?

I presume his hair is straight if he wore it in a bun. I wondered if he worked in a restaurant where hair has to be contained, even though that man bun style is pretty on trend right now. I found that more man buns came about after the TV series Vikings came out, maybe he was a fan.

The area he was found is Harlem.

Possible match?
The Citizen App report is Feb. 4th and says last name is Lowe, missing from Queensbridge North (public housing near water). (Did a cursory search, didn't see anything.)
What to make of the name "Michael Adams" written on waistband?

The Citizen App report is Feb. 4th and says last name is Lowe, missing from Queensbridge North (public housing near water). (Did a cursory search, didn't see anything.)
What to make of the name "Michael Adams" written on waistband?
Responding to myself as it's too late to edit my comment. I started thinking maybe this is a migrant who wore donated clothes - the name on the briefs and BC REC which could be Boston College. Just a thought, moo.

He might have been Catholic as the bracelet is a Rosary decade (10 prayer knots, with a cross).

The totality of the clothing could suggest the deceased was part of the vague urban youth sub culture- though I am very ignorant of the latest clothing trends associated with it.

One thing that seems strange is possible urban youth type clothing, but the lack of NYC motifs on the clothing. Instead of "NYC" or say, 'Bronx', 'Brooklyn', Yankees logos etc, he has "LA" and "Boyz in the Hood"- also set in LA. It just seem off for NYC.

I cant help but remember the "pro LA" graffitti that I saw on the Brooklyn Bridge which had been crossed out with expletive driven uhmm.... "statements of disagreement". Maybe a runaway from the LA area and still in LA urban wear?
Yeah, and, just to quibble with the info on NamUs - it isn't made of cloth it's made of cord. Big difference. A cloth bracelet is really unusual, if it's fabric. You can have bracelets made from flexible organic or synthetic materials! But they're generally made from string or cord, not fabric, and if they're woven at all, it's a rudimentary strip like the kind you see in friendship bracelets - no loom or shuttle required, just half a dozen strands of cord or yarn wrapped or braided together to create a design. The bracelet in the picture is just cord, knotted. Not even complicated knots - the trickiest bit is the two nested knots at the end that allow you to adjust the length of the bracelet. A child could do it with absolutely no other equipment whatsoever.

(Sorry for the infodump, I'm a fibre artist - I spin, knit, crochet, sew, embroider, and have in the past made friendship bracelets. In addition to those, my partner also needle felts and weaves. This is my wheelhouse.)

It’s a mishmash of clothing that suggests they were donated, handed down, or purchased from a thrift store: the name on the waistband, pants from Los Angeles, shorts from town/school rec league, bold graphic t-shirt that was probably in style a decade ago, etc. JMO.

The bracelet in the picture is just cord, knotted. Not even complicated knots - the trickiest bit is the two nested knots at the end that allow you to adjust the length of the bracelet. A child could do it with absolutely no other equipment whatsoever.
I'm a fibre artist - I spin, knit, crochet, sew, embroider, and have in the past made friendship bracelets.
The collective knowledge on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I admire anybody keeping traditional craft skills alive. In Japan, masters of traditional crafts can be given the honor of "Living National Treasure". The craft skill does not need to be "sexy" like say, forging Samurai swords. One guy with the title makes brooms. I wish we had a similar recognition here.

As for fiber crafts, I once saw a demonstration on hand made lace making. Wow, it was insane with pins, the pattern, the adjustments, and the complex pattern of throws to create another layer. I also saw a demonstration on loom weaving once.

Wishing you the best in your art- your skills are part of our collective heritage. And they are needed to today and will be needed tomorrow!!!

Getting off my soap box.... .

It’s a mishmash of clothing that suggests they were donated, handed down, or purchased from a thrift store: the name on the waistband, pants from Los Angeles, shorts from town/school rec league, bold graphic t-shirt that was probably in style a decade ago, etc. JMO.
Well said.

I was thinking selective "urban youth" style clothing- though I must admit that my view of urban youth clothing is probably a decade or more out of date. Now, I am thinking your theory makes alot more sense. The clothes do look like a mis mash suggesting a donations bin.

If he was a migrant, the unfortunate person is going to be very hard to trace. Maybe skeletal analysis and that isotope testing could narrow down his race and place or origin?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back