NY NY - Marlene Santana, 3 days, Brooklyn, 21 October 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ChatteringBirds I was only interested in this case due to researching whether there were any missing babies of 1985. I have the same experience as Kristen and Marlene a lot.

I sent my information before Kristen. And then on the same day Kristen sent hers. She was mad when she saw mine. I just want her and everyone know I’m not trying to claim to be her but just want clarification. I saw hers later right after I sent mine!

I don't know what's going on here, but have you considered a commercial DNA test like those sold through Ancestry or 23andMe? They give you your place on your family tree (just make sure you choose this option), and so many people have done these tests by now that I think you'd at least find out if the biological family you grew up in is indeed your bio family, because a 2nd or 3rd cousin or similar - maybe even a 1st cousin, if you are lucky - would at least have also done the test. JMO.

ChatterBirds: Yes I have sent my DNA in for real from 23andme to GEDmatch.
My DNA has been in the database in 23andme for a long time.
But I have counterdictions even though everyone can be European of the same heritage or nationality.
I have some Asian, Native Indian breakdowns too with African traits and Pacific Islander in me more than the others and my second cousins and on up.
They look more like me.
6 percent East Asian, 9 percent South Asian.
The rest North African, South African, South Pacific Islander/
Native American, Northern British, Western British and Eastern British.
My family was just British, Polish, Swedish and Danish.

Last edited:
ChatteringBirds: Nobody related directly to my paternal and maternal family parents because no last names nor the names of their cousins of any generation. And only one cousin and few second cousins but nobody I recognize and scattered all over the states in all 50 and European countries of many. And no guy claimed me as his own except one paid off by another guy to be on the birth certificate. I was going to be taken back to another family at 3 but my mother stopped him before I got to go. She’s part Hispanic white but always dyed her hair red. Someone else claimed my SSN number was their longer than mine. I had trouble at first opening bank accounts for example.

I feel like who ever kidnapped this baby had to have help on the inside bc she new when the mother and baby was getting released. It wasn’t like she went in and acted like a nurse and took the child from the hospital. This seems like this women had a plan.

Is there any updates on Kristen damron?? Also does anyone have any information on this Karen Rodriguez if that’s even her real name??

It is difficult to read about this case. I can't imagine what Marlene's family has been through, especially her mother... They seemed so heartbroken, as expected, in the Unsolved Mysteries segment. They talked about how they still celebrated Marlene's birthday every year without her...

They suspect that the woman who took her was someone who wanted a child, but we've seen a lot of those cases solved recently and being kidnapped by someone who wanted a child doesn't guarantee that the child would be treated well... And someone capable of targeting a gun to the head of a newborn has no business raising any child, much less said newborn. I hope that, for Marlene's sake, she was adopted by loving parents who had no idea she had been kidnapped...

Giving this a bump as I just saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode.

Hoping not to sound like I am victim blaming and I’m sure this is much easier said than done, but how I wish she would not have walked away with the woman when they were right in front of the hospital. The lady had a gun pointed to the babies head, how terrifying, but I wonder if she could have quickly moved the ladies arm and ran back into the hospital with her baby? I know that leaves a chance of the gun being fired, but leaving the hospital meant mom had zero power or control.

I’d like to think if I were that situation I would act quickly and fight back rather than to allow myself to be taken to a secondary location.

Giving this a bump as I just saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode.

Hoping not to sound like I am victim blaming and I’m sure this is much easier said than done, but how I wish she would not have walked away with the woman when they were right in front of the hospital. The lady had a gun pointed to the babies head, how terrifying, but I wonder if she could have quickly moved the ladies arm and ran back into the hospital with her baby? I know that leaves a chance of the gun being fired, but leaving the hospital meant mom had zero power or control.

I’d like to think if I were that situation I would act quickly and fight back rather than to allow myself to be taken to a secondary location.

On what platform is the Unsolved Mysteries episode? And do you happen to know the season and episode number? :)

On what platform is the Unsolved Mysteries episode? And do you happen to know the season and episode number? :)
Hello! I watched it on Live TV on the Roku Channel on Unsolved Mysteries Channel 520. The episodes are out of order and Roku won’t let you go back to see what was on at a certain time when the time has past. So aggravating! A Google search didn’t pull it up for me either.

I don’t have Peacock, but I have heard you can watch all the Unsolved Mysteries episodes there for feee on the Peacock app.

Hello! I watched it on Live TV on the Roku Channel on Unsolved Mysteries Channel 520. The episodes are out of order and Roku won’t let you go back to see what was on at a certain time when the time has past. So aggravating! A Google search didn’t pull it up for me either.

I don’t have Peacock, but I have heard you can watch all the Unsolved Mysteries episodes there for feee on the Peacock app.

Thank you! Did it seem like it was one of the older/original episodes or one from the newer version of Unsolved Mysteries?

Thank you! Did it seem like it was one of the older/original episodes or one from the newer version of Unsolved Mysteries?
I think I found it. According to Wikipedia, Marlene’s story is on season 1 episode 13. Although, the other stories that Wikipedia shows as being on the same episode weren’t on the one I watched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back