Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
attachment.php
This one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The girl in the picture

I think you misunderstood my post. I want to know WHO is the girl in the picture, and what is her connection to MVJD? Why is the picture posted here? The photo doesn't include any link or other identifying information, or any indication where it came from. Were there posts deleted that explained it?

I think you misunderstood my post. I want to know WHO is the girl in the picture, and what is her connection to MVJD? Why is the picture posted here? The photo doesn't include any link or other identifying information, or any indication where it came from. Were there posts deleted that explained it?
Ohhhhh... oops sorry... wait where did they find this picture??? Did law enforcement find it???

Girl in the picture is definitely missing female. I have seen that photo quite a few times. I think new member just forgot to add the link. Will try to see if I can find a name and the link somewhere.

Mary has a good resemblance of JD tho

I don't think we can tell about the moles -- Mary's photos appear to be school portraits, which would probably have been airbrushed. Also, moles can appear as we age.

The circumstances certainly point against it, but the facial resemblance is startling. And if the request for ransom is true, that would mean she wasn't killed right away. Maybe she talked her way out of it or he kept her around for some reason.

I did a side by side with Carl's recon; the resemblance to the post-mortem photo is even more startling. But we've seen startling resemblances that weren't matches before.
mt. vernon JD with Mary Rodermund.png

Five days to go to her big round 30 anniversary. Does anyone know if Any news will be doing anniversary articles on her case? I have read somewhere that news are usually not interested but around anniversaries they are, even TV stations and that is when biggest traffic and awareness occurs. I don't want that big chance for her just to pass.

30 years today.

Remembering You :rose:

I don't think this young woman is on the list of cases for consideration at the DNA Doe Project yet.

I've already suggested several others to them, so is there anyone else who would like to suggest her?

I don't think this young woman is on the list of cases for consideration at the DNA Doe Project yet.

I've already suggested several others to them, so is there anyone else who would like to suggest her?

She is on their suggested list. Not sure how high on their list though. Also not sure if authorities will be willing to share her DNA with this site as they have problem sharing information with regards to this case within their own departments (Westchester police vs Mount Vernon police). A bit strange if you ask me, unless there is some reason for it.

Over the years I came twice upon certain and the same strangulation victim. She had visible marks on her neck but more interestingly she had also mark on the same spot as MVJD has her mole. It was very clear in that case that that was injury from strangulation. (Silly me I did not write down details of that victim for future reference. I certainly will when I see that case again).

Both times I did look again at MVJD and zoomed in on colouring of mole and strangulations marks visible on her Namus postmortem photos. Colours of both do seem to be consistent and mole seems to be kind of smudged. I did dismiss it first time as we are all so conviced here that it is mole, but I do have my doubts due to seeing that other case. I guess it is important not to start to have tunel vision and to be open to "possibilities"...

With regards to Boston prison inmate who's partial DNA was found under MVJD fingernails but it was dimissed as he was in prison when MVJD was murdered.

I came accross the group who investigates numerous serial murders (all around 1988 - 1995) and two still missing women in New Bedford area of Massachusetts. What cought my eye and I was not aware before, that certain instituitions in that area (prisons, hospitals for sexual deviants etc) started experimental project in mid 80s where many of those incarcerated were given furloughs. It invovled many convincts who went on rampage during those furlough days. As furloughs were too often and too many and not properly monitored, nobody really new for certain when certain prisoners were in or out. Some of the "imprisoned" inmates were later convicted for murders committed during those furloughs. After all this big shambles government shut that project down in mid 90s.

I could not stop thinking about MVJD case when reading all this. I wonder if the Boston guy who's DNA was on MVJD was in one of those institutions. Was it ever mentioned where he was incarcerated in MA?

I could not stop thinking about MVJD case when reading all this. I wonder if the Boston guy who's DNA was on MVJD was in one of those institutions. Was it ever mentioned where he was incarcerated in MA?

I'd not heard anything about that. When was this partial profile obtained? It's possible that if the material has not been used up or compromised future enhancements of the technology might allow a fuller profile to be obtained.

Otherwise this seems like something for good old fashioned detective work if the records are available. Not for an armchairer, but for a cold case cop.

I'd not heard anything about that. When was this partial profile obtained? It's possible that if the material has not been used up or compromised future enhancements of the technology might allow a fuller profile to be obtained.

Otherwise this seems like something for good old fashioned detective work if the records are available. Not for an armchairer, but for a cold case cop.

Yes, it is jobs for cops to look into it and not for us. I only looked into Massachusetts direction for possibility that she came over to NY with perp for Valentine weekend and/or could possible be from around there too.

We only heard about that DNA from cop of this case who retired and published some articles. He claimed that police are neglecting the case and also that Boston perp was never interviewed or looked into. Current police stated that perp was in jail at that time, so case is closed in that direction. Anyway, it seems lots of negativity between different LE there rather then they would actually work on the case, albeit so old.

Only thanks to member here, Jess, there are articles published in news and also a bit of pressure on LE. I did not see one article or any appeal from them in all those years. I wonder if they even looked into her file in last 10 years. Oh, yes, they did one press release on FB last year, slating that retired cop.

Apologies for ranting. Just frustrated with that kind of authority and them having their priorities wrong. One good thing though they do check suggestions submitted to them for comparison, but that about it to solve the case or find her identity.

I checked and no, she is not on that list. She has been suggested by Jess though. We might try again to get noticed.

Correct, she was not on the list, Jess suggested her. I had some time the other day, updated their FB suggestion list, she's on there. I'm not sure if they'll post the updated list or wait till they get the email suggestions added. The people doing the updates have been busy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back