NY NY - Nancy Scamurra, 14, Amherst, 1 Jul 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WHY is her family so unforthcoming to the press? I think a family member may have killed her. Did her family have run ins with the law?

http://www.facebook.com/notes/amher...homicide-of-nancy-jo-scamurra/328625620562645

Snipped

Late last year the Onondaga County Medical Examiner's Officer called sheriff's investigators to ask that the victim's DNA be compared with Nancy Jo Scamurra, a teen reported missing from Amherst, New York on July 2, 1984.

Oswego County Sheriff's Investigators and Amherst Police Detectives subsequently communicated and detectives sought and obtained DNA samples from family members of Nancy Scamurra for comparison with the DNA from the recovered victim.

Snipped

He [Oswego County Sheriff Reuel Todd] states, "her life, with all of her potential, was cut short. She was murdered, dismembered, decapitated and disposed of. It is our intent to solve this case and bring justice for Nancy."

OSWEGO COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE: 1-888-349-3411

EMAIL AT: helpnancy@oswegocounty.com

FACEBOOK: Help Nancy Scamurra Facebook Page

Snipped
BBM

Among the unanswered questions:

Where was the murder committed?
How long was it before the killer placed the body in the water?
Did currents in Lake Ontario carry her remains from Western New York east to Oswego County, which is north of Syracuse.

Rough waters and battering from objects in the water, police said, would not have played a role in the type of harm that had come to the teenager, whose limbs and head have never been found.

“We know there are people out there who know about Nancy’s disappearance and murder,” Sullivan said in urging them to call the Oswego Sheriff’s Office at 1-888-349-3411.

Any information, he said, might prove invaluable. “Please don’t try to figure out how relevant it might be. We’ll figure that out,” he said.

As for who might be behind the killing, Sullivan said, “It would be irresponsible for me to speculate. Nothing is off the table. We’re not discounting any leads.”

To that end, he said it is possible that the body could have been discarded in a Western New York waterway and carried by currents in Lake Ontario to Oswego County.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ce+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Snipped

Late in the afternoon before she disappeared, detectives had said, she had a fight with one of her siblings. Relatives said she was the youngest of five children and the only girl.

Snipped

Authorities said information on the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System also played a role in helping identify Nancy, whose disappearance was added to that data bank by police. But exactly how that system helped investigators was not revealed.

Many residents who lived along the well-kept, winding suburban street where Nancy once lived and played in 1984 have moved.

But her father is still in the two-story brick home where his daughter lived. Robert Scamurra said he had no desire to discuss the latest development in the case, so many years after his daughter vanished.

“We’re not interested,” he said when asked if he would speak.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ce+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Sullivan said, "Think back to anything you may have seen, anything you may have heard at the time, I get it, you didn't realize it at the time what it was, that's okay. Please don't try to figure out how relevant your information is, we'll do that."

Anyone who might have information is asked to call the Oswego County Sheriff's Office at
1-888-349-4911.

They have also set up a special e-mail at helpnancy@oswegocounty.com and a facebook page.

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/all_...entified-as-amherst-teen--missing-since-1984/

It really doesn't seem like her family wants it solved. SIGH. Almost like they weren't interested in finding her all this time. Wonder why...

Thinking of Nancy, I hope you can finally be at peace.

Poor girl. I was going to express a hunch that this is connected to "Bike Path Rapist" Altemio Sánchez. He was operating during that time, and I had a "sighting" encounter with him as did other women in this area. He was very active, even though there were only three confirmed murders.

However, the time of day, place, and disposal of the victim don't match. When I read how she had never been to a dentist, had a bunch of older brothers and she was the only girl, had just had a fight with one of her brothers, and her father is not interested in the case, that changes things.

I think her father was involved. How many brothers did she have and where is her mother?

I think her father was involved. How many brothers did she have and where is her mother?

According to the obit posted upthread, her mother is deceased. It also listed her brothers, but I didn't count how many.

http://centralny.twcnews.com/content/news/749396/investigation-into-teen-girl-s-death-continues-30-years-later/

"We continue to reach out to the public because our belief is someone saw or heard something and may not have realized it at the time. Today marks the 30th anniversary that Nancy Jo went missing, so that is why we're again turning to the public for any information they may have. Regardless of how insignificant they may think it is, it may play a pivotal role," said Oswego County Undersheriff Gene Sullivan.

Something I've found interesting... not necessarily incriminating, but just interesting... ... ... Mr. Scamurra passed away over three years ago, and the house remains in his (and his previously deceased wife's) name. As alluded to above, I too wonder if there's something crime-related in that house.

Something I've found interesting... not necessarily incriminating, but just interesting... ... ... Mr. Scamurra passed away over three years ago, and the house remains in his (and his previously deceased wife's) name. As alluded to above, I too wonder if there's something crime-related in that house.

I would LOVE to know what's in there or talk to her brothers. If any relative had involvement, I'd doubt other relatives necessarily knew. I never knew about this crime until just the other day and WOW how repugnant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back