NY NY - Nancy Scamurra, 14, Amherst, 1 Jul 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would LOVE to know what's in there or talk to her brothers. If any relative had involvement, I'd doubt other relatives necessarily knew. I never knew about this crime until just the other day and WOW how repugnant.
Yes. The brothers have been - to my knowledge based on publicly available information - pretty much silent, if not outright uncooperative. Noteworthy, to my way of thinking. Seems odd to me that the Amherst NY police appear to be more silent on this that what might be considered typical for them. The guy that I believe was the "lead" investigator (Villardo, I believe) has seemingly retired. The police representative with the special victims unit (LaCorte, as I recall), within which the case was said to be handled, also retired. I truly think they'd be the persons with the most complete knowledge. Whether or not they'd be willing to share (assuming they're still living) is anyone's guess, I suppose. As far as the house goes, the local property records suggest that some nearby neighbors are long term residents. They could probably be aware if there was any significant remodeling done to the place... as well as if there had been any "interest worthy" behavior. I'd be interested to know for how long Nancy Jo Scamurra's belongings & bedroom were maintained by her family. Finally, take this for what it's worth and nothing more than something that may be nothing more than a coincidence. A house down the street from the subject residence was owned/occupied by a family with the same surname.

I found this interesting. Not sure what - if anything - it may mean... but, add this to the list of occurrences related to this "case." Despite the passing of the father/owner a number of years ago, the house in which the victim lived with her family was not sold (in the traditional sense). Government records suggest that ownership/control of the property transferred to family members (i.e. sons, for example). In and of itself, I suppose that's nothing peculiar. But, then again, most situations like that are not set against the backdrop of a cold case murder about which it is reported the family is said to be quite silent. In any case Erie County New York County Clerk records now show that Bank of America has filed a Lis Pendens with several Scamurras as defendants. [Reference Instrument number 2022066587 at https://ecclerk.erie.gov/BrowserView/default.aspx .]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back