GUILTY NY - Newborn thrown from 5th floor window, Bronx, 12 Dec 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
narlacat said:
I feel the same too.

Kids having kids is just not a good look...they have no idea how to handle such a situation and is why you get teenagers coming up with brilliant ideas like this.
Yeah, I have such empathy for all parties involved. Had I wound up pregnant at 14, I would have had a lot of options...but would I have been mature enough to avail myself of them...I just don't know.

Plenty of people are sexually active long before they are ready to handle giving birth to and/or raising an infant. Whether or not we like this fact, it still remains a reality. And for all we know, this 14-year-old was raped or got pregnant in some other non-consensual way.

I'm sure she will pay even more than she has already paid for what she has done, but I certainly cannot judge her harshly.

This case was mentioned in a police officer's memoir. According to the article about the book, the mother was found guilty but did not have to serve any time. It doesn't specify if she plead guilty.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/ex-cop-tales-baddest-nabe-new-memoir-nypd-green-article-1.2477623

On Dec. 12, 2006, Waters and his partner were called to Eastchester Houses on Burke Ave. An infant had been thrown from a window. The newborn girl was discovered naked, face-down, covered with bruises and cuts.

He found a woman, M. Williams from apartment 5F, sobbing that she thought her 14-year-old daughter, L. Binns, might have done the horrific deed. But her mother claimed that no one knew the girl was pregnant.

The cop didn’t believe her, but K. Lotakis, principal of Middle School 144 told him that the student was not pregnant and, in fact, in gym class as they spoke. Could a young girl go from giving birth at home alone, then cruelly dispose of the infant — all before gym class?

The teenager confessed immediately, saying that she had been so afraid she might wake her mother during childbirth. She had wrapped up the placenta and her bloodied clothing and tossed them in a trash can on the way to school.

Binns eluded jail even though she was found guilty on one count of manslaughter and a charge of second-degree murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back