NY NY - NY, BlkFem 40-60, UP6023,"Miss Mazie", unresponsive in apart, Feb'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberM00-01151
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years)40-60
Estimated Year of Death2000
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight162 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundFebruary 21, 2000
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 14, 2009
ME/C QA ReviewedOctober 15, 2009
Location Found Map
LocationNew York, New York
CountyNew York County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)40.814781, -73.940356
Circumstances of RecoveryUnknown female found dead in apartment at above location. Decedent was known to the neighborhood as "miss Mazie". The landlord of the building had allowed her to stay there and watch the place while it was under construction. After not hearing from her for a few days, he went to check on her and found her unresponsive.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptionblack, tightly curled, 3"
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Descriptionbrown
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
black hooded sweatshirt, pink t-shirt, white t-shirt, blue sweater, black sweater, red sweater, two white sleeves, two hats, black poncho
On the Body

Footwear
sneakers
On the Body

STREET VIEW

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Guess by 2000 there was another now demolished house there. If anyone got a photo please share.

Seems strange that the landlord can’t provide more details about who she was, considering she was staying on his property... Was she wearing multiple layers of clothing because she was a transient and that’s why he let her stay there? Or was it because she was staying in a construction site that may not have had heat in February?

I wonder how she was expected to keep an eye on the place.

I wonder how she was expected to keep an eye on the place.
Thieves often break into homes under construction and steal appliances / tools / supplies because they know nobody is living there (usually). This happened to my house before I got it -- they were doing lots of renovations and thieves broke in and stole the oven.

Thieves often break into homes under construction and steal appliances / tools / supplies because they know nobody is living there (usually). This happened to my house before I got it -- they were doing lots of renovations and thieves broke in and stole the oven.

So would you hire a homeless woman to guard the place? Actually, not hire, but allow to sleep there, unprotected and in the cold?

Seems strange that the landlord can’t provide more details about who she was, considering she was staying on his property... Was she wearing multiple layers of clothing because she was a transient and that’s why he let her stay there? Or was it because she was staying in a construction site that may not have had heat in February?
If she was wearing all of this, my guess is homeless would a possibility. However, this may simply be an inventory. No mention of jeans, sweatpants, socks, etc. but she was wearing sneakers.

A person routinely staying at a construction site would be a deterrent for most people. The landlord probably figured it would be a win/win for both of them by letting her stay on site.

Clothing
black hooded sweatshirt,
pink t-shirt,
white t-shirt,
blue sweater,
black sweater,
red sweater, two white sleeves,
two hats,
black poncho

If she was wearing all of this, my guess is homeless would a possibility. However, this may simply be an inventory. No mention of jeans, sweatpants, socks, etc. but she was wearing sneakers.

A person routinely staying at a construction site would be a deterrent for most people. The landlord probably figured it would be a win/win for both of them by letting her stay on site.

Clothing
black hooded sweatshirt,
pink t-shirt,
white t-shirt,
blue sweater,
black sweater,
red sweater, two white sleeves,
two hats,
black poncho
True, was she wearing no pants? I guess it’s possible but unlikely in February. The notes from LE are always so frustratingly incomplete.
And yes, agree that’s likely what the landlord thought. If she was homeless / transient, he probably figured he would be doing her a favor to let her stay indoors and with a roof over her head, even if she would be living in a construction site, possibly with no heat. It’s not ideal but it would be better than being outside in the rain / snow / wind.

So would you hire a homeless woman to guard the place? Actually, not hire, but allow to sleep there, unprotected and in the cold?
They do know that they will get something out of it, especially if there is money involved. Its not unusual for landlords or public facilities to ask the homeless to be security. In Los Angeles, where most of my family lives, u will see this a lot especially near health facilities where homeless will be just stand outside the entrance, when the office is closed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back