NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe any members of OGs family were involved in her murder, and I consider them victims in this case, but I think the killer being a friend of one of the sons fills in some gaps that the ex-handyman/lover theory has. The following is all my own opinion is speculation.

If the killer was a friend of one of the sons, that would explain:

1) Their knowledge of the house and how to get in. For example, my brothers friends and girlfriends knew we typically kept the basement door unlocked since he would sneak them over late at night. They were also familiar with the alarm system and which doors/windows would trigger the alarms for the same reasons as stated above.

2) Why the killer bothered to remove the body from the house––if it was a friend of one of the sons, they probably would not want their friend or friend's brother to see their mom's body, something I would assume a lover/ex-handyman would care far less about.

3) The apparent comfort the killer had within the home. If it was a friend of one of the sons, they would know things like the father and older son being out of town, that perhaps the 13-year-old was a sound sleeper and wouldn't be awakened by the commotion (i.e., comfortable spending a prolonged period of time in the house after the murder), as well as things like the existence and location of the hockey bag used to transport the body and potentially where to find extra clothes to change into.

I agree.

Also the text was, is, odd.

1. Your wife sent me to jail
2. some years ago
3. when you were living near Austin Street in Forest Hills.
4. I’m back,
5. don’t call the police
6. or I will kill your family.

Too much information.
Address wasn't needed. "Some years ago" wasn't needed. The same "intent" could have been said with much fewer words.

If he didn't want police called, why drag the body and then leave it in a public walking area?

And then duh he's the one that leaves a blood trail.....

Don't call the police???
What...are they just to live with a bloody mess in the basement and a missing family member?

I agree about the Agatha Christie back drop.

Yet.....there is a air of story telling...

Those texts are so odd! How would a stranger know to text her husband that, they have different last names. I would love to know if LE has her phone and what she has her husbands contact info saved as.

That is the first pic (and hopefully the last) I have seen that really shows the hockey bag well. It is even smaller than what I had envisioned from looking at the perp dragging it through the neighborhood. I don't even see how he got her in it and was still able to zip it closed. And all that blood, just in that one spot. That monster took overkill to a whole 'nother level. JMO

I can't believe that she fit in that bag! She is a petite woman but that bag is not huge. How was the perp able to get into it and it looks like there's still room at the top of it!

I don't believe any members of OGs family were involved in her murder, and I consider them victims in this case, but I think the killer being a friend of one of the sons fills in some gaps that the ex-handyman/lover theory has. The following is all my own opinion is speculation.

If the killer was a friend of one of the sons, that would explain:

1) Their knowledge of the house and how to get in. For example, my brothers friends and girlfriends knew we typically kept the basement door unlocked since he would sneak them over late at night. They were also familiar with the alarm system and which doors/windows would trigger the alarms for the same reasons as stated above.

2) Why the killer bothered to remove the body from the house––if it was a friend of one of the sons, they probably would not want their friend or friend's brother to see their mom's body, something I would assume a lover/ex-handyman would care far less about.

3) The apparent comfort the killer had within the home. If it was a friend of one of the sons, they would know things like the father and older son being out of town, that perhaps the 13-year-old was a sound sleeper and wouldn't be awakened by the commotion (i.e., comfortable spending a prolonged period of time in the house after the murder), as well as things like the existence and location of the hockey bag used to transport the body and potentially where to find extra clothes to change into.
Interesting. To explain the overkill and passion, might this friend have possibly been in love with her and subsequently rejected?

So this article is really good. I know it's been posted in here cause that's why I started reading it. I thought this tidbit was interesting because I never even thought of the possibility that someone could have been waiting for her to get home. To be honest someone there waiting for her makes a lot of sense.

"Nobody had joined her when she left the bar and headed home just before midnight. Somebody was either waiting for her outside the home and pushed their way in or had another means of entrance, the supervisor said."

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag

Maybe it's just me but I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact whomever did this would change his boots AND be able to find a spare pair hanging around that just so happened to fit. How... convenient. Alternatively, to bring a spare pair?? That certainly isn't premeditated and not much about this case feels very premeditated IMHO.

So, that makes me think it's more likely option 1 above because I can't think of a 3rd option. I'd love to hear if anyone can come up with something else! But the fact that the person got so lucky to both find a spare pair AND have them fit? Something is very, very odd here.

I have continued to wonder if the things removed by the killer were data and data storage devices. Could she have been being blackmailed? I am sure LE is looking at accounts and doing forensic financial analysis on their accounts. If the killer was not cleaning up blood then they were trying to clean digital footprints possibly.
So glad you posted this. I agree with you and wonder the same. Would make even more sense if the large item LE removed in black bag was an IMac desktop (we have one about that size). Stuff would still be stored on there depending on what type of security cameras they had.

Maybe it's just me but I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact whomever did this would change his boots AND be able to find a spare pair hanging around that just so happened to fit. How... convenient. Alternatively, to bring a spare pair?? That certainly isn't premeditated and not much about this case feels very premeditated IMHO.

So, that makes me think it's more likely option 1 above because I can't think of a 3rd option. I'd love to hear if anyone can come up with something else! But the fact that the person got so lucky to both find a spare pair AND have them fit? Something is very, very odd here.

The theory I mentioned above might answer this. If it was a friend of one of the sons, they might already know they can wear the clothes/shoes of one of the sons. My brother used to lend his clothes/shoes to friends when they came over all the time, and I would often do so as well. MOO.

Absolutely! I see a book bag on one shoulder which leads me to believe it’s someone young…
Which shoulder are you talking about? To me it looks like they are carrying something in their right hand/arm... and their left arm (which might look like a backpack?) is actually extended behind them lugging the duffel bag along. But I can see how it could look like a backpack if you don't take into consideration their arm to pull the bag along.

queens-murder-060.jpg

Unless LE has camera evidence from the residence and is holding it close to the chest . . . I'm thinking that the data from the cameras had to have been removed from the residence. In other words, the perp walked out with a DVR. If the cameras were cloud-based the investigation would presumably be at a much further stage, because the cloud cannot be removed/taken by a perp. MOO

This passage suggests to me that LE might not have camera evidence from the residence:

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag

JMO

If the person was tech savvy, time in the home may have been spent cleaning up the video and the cloud and whatever other digital information existed. A person who worked on this home would know what tech was there and may have researched how to erase the info. What could not have been erased might have been taken that night when they disposed of her on the street.

This is anecdotal, and your experiences may vary, but most of the handyman I've ever known wore boots. Male teenagers wear boots too, but I think it's not as common, as you commonly see male teenagers wearing sneakers/athletic shoes. JMO

I guess I missed something. There were bloody boots?
Yes.

The fugitive killer who viciously stabbed Queens mom Orsolya Gaal to death inside her Forest Hills home left behind a vital clue: a pair of blood-soaked boots, a police source told The Post Wednesday.

Cops are running DNA tests on the boots, which officers found in a trash can outside the garage of the Tudor-style house where Gaal was stabbed nearly 60 times early on Saturday, a high-ranking NYPD official said.

Cops hope boots will help ID NYC mom Orsolya Gaal’s killer: police source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members