NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbors said Gaal lived in the home with her two sons, ages 13 and 17, and her husband. They described her as a stay-at-home mom who loved her children.

"Just so tragic. I just feel sick to the bone about hearing this," Nicola Blankson said. "She enjoyed life. She was out and about, you know, socializing, seeing theaters, traveling."

Sources told CBS2 the suspected cause of death was blunt force trauma. They said investigators initially believed Gaal's 13-year-old son and husband may have been persons of interest in the case. They later said the husband is not considered a suspect.

Police said Gaal's 13-year-old son was taken in for questioning and was released.

Investigators are now looking at the victim's phone records to determine when it was last active.

Neighbors who saw Gaal on Friday said she seemed to be in good spirits.
Body of Orsolya Gaal found stuffed inside duffle bag in Queens, police say

Orsolya Gaal spotted alive in backyard before body found

Information is BBM. Some names have been changed into acronyms by me.

Queens mom Orsolya Gaal spotted alive in backyard before body found
April 17, 2022 1:19pm

The Forest Hills mom found dead in a hockey duffel bag spent some of her final hours puttering around her yard and enjoying a night out — before video caught a mysterious figure apparently lugging her makeshift casket down the street.

Cops are now trying to piece together how Orsolya Gaal, 51, went from a seemingly typical stay-at-home married mom of two to slay victim.

“It’s a mystery,” an NYPD official told The Post on Sunday. “Now it’s a question of piecing together everything she did that night.”

The source said that during Gaal’s final hours Friday, “She goes out. She goes out with friends.”

“We’re pulling video and receipts from those places” she went to, the source said.

“[Then] around 4:30 a.m. [Saturday], you see somebody rolling this [duffel bag] down the sidewalk from multiple cameras,” the source said.

“[Cops] actually traced it backward from the scene to the house,” the source said, referring to a blood trail from the bag.

“She knew the people she was out with,” the source said of the victim. “We’re talking to them. We also have to figure out, did she meet some mysterious stranger along the way?”

Neighbors of Gaal — whose body was discovered less than a mile from her home by a dog-walker around 8 a.m. Saturday — said they were shocked by the violence.

“I saw her [Friday] in her backyard,” said JB, who lives next to the family’s stately Tudor-style home.

“We share a common backyard with [her] dog,” the resident said, apparently referring to an adorable little brown pooch that Gaal posed with in a slew of Facebook photos on her page.

“[Saturday] morning, we were like, ‘Why can’t we hear the dog this morning?’ It’s super shocking,” JB said.

The NYPD said Sunday that surveillance footage from the area captured “an unknown individual” dragging a wheeled duffel bag from the direction of Gaal’s home. The hockey bag containing her corpse was discovered about four and a half hours later, and cops followed the blood trail from it to the side door of her Juno Street home, authorities said.

Officers found Gaal’s 13-year-old son on the top floor of the home, police said.

“He stated he lives at the location but does not know where she is,” cops said in a statement.

The boy was taken into custody to be interviewed and later released, law-enforcement sources said.

The high-up NYPD source added to The Post that detectives don’t believe the boy left the house overnight.

Gaal’s husband, businessman HK, was reportedly in Portland with the couple’s 17-year-old son on a college hunt at the time, according to social-media posts.

HK told The Post on Saturday that he was on his way home while repeatedly saying the family’s lives “are at stake.”

“There are concerns about our safety, he said. “Our lives are at risk.”

In a since-deleted tweet announcing his recent out-of-state trip with his son, HK also made a pitch for hedge-funder Bill Browder’s book about Vladimir Putin.

“Just landed Portland OR before evaluating Ann Arbor again with my 17-year-old son,” HK wrote. “Highly recommend ‘Freezing Order’ @Billbrowder a man I’ve followed closely and admired since I started on Wall Street in 1997 broking EMEA & Russian equities to hedge funds like Hermitage.”

The book is subtitled “A True Story of Money Laundering, Murder and Surviving Vladimir Putin’s Wrath.”

According to sources, Gaal was previously reported missing in May 2020 but later surfaced.

The couple’s older son also went missing in 2004 but was later found, too.

Orsolya Gaal spotted alive in backyard before body found

Queens mom Orsolya Gaal spotted alive in backyard before body found
April 17, 2022 1:19pm

There are concerns about our safety, he said. “Our lives are at risk.”

According to sources, Gaal was previously reported missing in May 2020 but later surfaced.

The couple’s older son also went missing in 2004 but was later found, too.

RSBM and BBM

MOO
  1. Why does husband think they are all at risk? (family)
  2. When did husband and older son fly out?
  3. Lots of video
  4. The victim went missing previously!?
  5. The older son went missing previously!?
  6. When did victim's friends last see her? Where?
  7. Does anyone in her house play hockey?
MOO this is solvable and justice will be coming for the evil person or persons who ended OG's life so callously and violently.

All MOO

So if her husband and 17 year old son were out of town (in Portland as stated above) I would think they would be pretty easy to rule out.

I guess that leaves the possibility that Orsolya:
1. ran into a killer during her night out. Perhaps brought him/her home?
2 was the victim of a hit
3. was killed by a Burglar
4. was killed by someone she knew.

I sure hope LE can find some helpful video of persons going in and out of the residence.

Queens woman found dead in duffel bag went out the night before her slay

Queens woman found dead in duffel bag went out the night before her slay
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
APR 17, 2022 AT 2:10 PM

A Queens mom whose body was found stuffed in a bloody duffel bag went out the night before her killing —and cops are trying to trace her movements to unravel the mystery of her death, police sources said Sunday.

Orsolya Gaal, 51, came back home to her Juno St. home in Forest Hills about 11 p.m. Friday “and at 4:30 in the morning (Saturday), somebody’s pulling that bag down the street,” a high-ranking police source told the Daily News.

A dog-walker found Gaal’s body in a bloody duffel bag about 8:10 a.m. Saturday by a sidewalk on Metropolitan Ave. near Forest Park Drive within the boundaries of densely-wooded Forest Park between Kew Gardens and Forest Hills.

Cops then followed a trail of blood to her home a half-mile away and found Gaal’s 13-year-old son alone on the top floor.

Investigators don’t believe the teen was responsible for her death, the source said. Her husband, identified by neighbors as HK, was traveling out of state with the couple’s 17-year-old son, according to his Twitter account.

“The husband’s in Oregon, so it wasn’t him pulling that bag,” the police source said.

Cops believe the duffel bag came from inside Gaal’s house.

Investigators are reviewing video and looking for credit card transactions to determine where she was and if she met anyone. They’re also taking a close look at phone and financial records, the source said.

“Right now, we’re in mystery,” the source said.

Gaal’s death has been ruled a homicide and an autopsy will determine exactly how she died, police said.

RSBM and BBM

MOO
  1. Why does husband think they are all at risk? (family)
  2. When did husband and older son fly out?
  3. Lots of video
  4. The victim went missing previously!?
  5. The older son went missing previously!?
  6. When did victim's friends last see her? Where?
  7. Does anyone in her house play hockey?
MOO this is solvable and justice will be coming for the evil person or persons who ended OG's life so callously and violently.

All MOO
I agree. It appears to be solvable and hopefully it won't take long.

Queens mother found dead inside duffel bag | PIX11

This article has a surveillance image provided by NYPD sources that allegedly shows the person who killed 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal hauling her body in a bag and other very useful information.

Queens mother found dead inside duffel bag: NYPD
Posted: Apr 16, 2022 / 03:41 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 16, 2022 / 11:13 PM EDT

FOREST HILLS, Queens (PIX11) — A Queens mother’s body was discovered inside a bloody duffel bag Saturday morning, the NYPD said.

Someone called police around 8:11 a.m. about a suspicious bag with blood on it at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway, the NYPD said. Police opened the bag and found the body of 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal stuffed inside.

A trail of blood from where the duffel bag was found led police to her home on Juno Street in nearby Forest Hills, police said.

Gaal was a married mother of two teenage boys, police sources said. The father and older son were out of town at the time of her death, sources said. On Friday night, Gaal told her younger son she was going out to watch a show, but she really went on a date with another man, police sources said. At some point, the man killed Gaal in the basement of her home, put her in a duffel bag and dumped her body half a mile away, police sources said.

No one has been arrested in connection to her death. The medical examiner will determine Gaal’s exact cause of death.

Neighbors in Forest Hills said the family had lived in the neighborhood for close to ten years, and there was nothing unusual about them until now.

“What a tragedy for everybody involved,” said neighbor JB. “I think everyone is trying to piece together what’s happened, how did this happen, why did this happen. This is unimaginable by anyone’s standards.”

Police detectives were going door to door interviewing neighbors about what they possibly heard or saw late Friday night or early Saturday morning.

“This is crazy,” said neighbor DD. “I hope they find whoever did it.”

Last edited:

This article has a surveillance image provided by NYPD sources that allegedly shows the person who killed 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal hauling her body in a bag and other very useful information. Will summarize below shortly.

FOREST HILLS, Queens (PIX11) — A Queens mother’s body was discovered inside a bloody duffel bag Saturday morning, the NYPD said.

Someone called police around 8:11 a.m. about a suspicious bag with blood on it at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway, the NYPD said. Police opened the bag and found the body of 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal stuffed inside.

A trail of blood from where the duffel bag was found led police to her home on Juno Street in nearby Forest Hills, police said.

Gaal was a married mother of two teenage boys, police sources said. The father and older son were out of town at the time of her death, sources said. On Friday night, Gaal told her younger son she was going out to watch a show, but she really went on a date with another man, police sources said. At some point, the man killed Gaal in the basement of her home, put her in a duffel bag and dumped her body half a mile away, police sources said.

No one has been arrested in connection to her death. The medical examiner will determine Gaal’s exact cause of death.

Neighbors in Forest Hills said the family had lived in the neighborhood for close to ten years, and there was nothing unusual about them until now.

“What a tragedy for everybody involved,” said neighbor JB. “I think everyone is trying to piece together what’s happened, how did this happen, why did this happen. This is unimaginable by anyone’s standards.”

Police detectives were going door to door interviewing neighbors about what they possibly heard or saw late Friday night or early Saturday morning.

Oh my. How very sad. RIP Orsolya.

This article has a surveillance image provided by NYPD sources that allegedly shows the person who killed 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal hauling her body in a bag and other very useful information. Will summarize below shortly.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's odd that she would lie to her son about going on a date and then bring the guy home?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's odd that she would lie to her son about going on a date and then bring the guy home?
It does seem odd. The son was found by the police on the top floor of the home, though, so perhaps his room is on the top floor, and she suspected that he would either be asleep at 11 p.m. (when she allegedly returned home) or would not leave his room at that hour, and would be unable to hear any activity on the first floor.

All MOO.

Last edited:
It does seem odd. The son was found by the police on the top floor of the home, though, so perhaps his room is on the top floor, and she suspected that he would be either be asleep at 11 p.m. (when she allegedly returned home) or would not leave his room at that hour, and would be unable to hear any activity on the first floor.

All MOO.

If the son was on the top (third) floor and they were in the basement, where she was killed, maybe she knew he wouldn't hear anything if she had company? Headset, video games, or TV and just distance? Or as you said, she knew he'd be asleep?

It does seem strange, though.

Unless he wasn't exactly invited and just turned up, although I thought they lived in a gated community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper