NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, she was out with a female. I initially thought the picture of the person with the bag outside was a female. Hard to tell. That's what my gut said anyway.
Hmm... The plot thickens.
Dad and 17yo allegedly cleared as well.
Moo
Sources: Husband, son no longer persons of interest in case of death of Queens resident Orsolya Gaal

Also, from your link:

<snip> Investigators are now working on the theory Gaal may have been killed by a male perpetrator, someone who was known to her.

On what was a quiet Easter Sunday, officers remained on guard outside of Gaal's home in Forest Hills, Queens.

<snip> Sources add blunt force trauma is the suspected cause of death.

It appeaars that NYPD is taking the threat to the family seriously.

Also, from your link:

<snip> Investigators are now working on the theory Gaal may have been killed by a male perpetrator, someone who was known to her.

On what was a quiet Easter Sunday, officers remained on guard outside of Gaal's home in Forest Hills, Queens.

<snip> Sources add blunt force trauma is the suspected cause of death.

It appeaars that NYPD is taking the threat to the family seriously.
We sure have heard a lot of information in such a little time.
Seems like this story is all over over the place!
Which tells me, they very well may know exactly who the perpetrator is and are just sitting back and watching/waiting for this person to move.
Who knows???
It is a true, "who done it".
Moo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bag came from the house, right?

So she's murdered in the house, put into a bag, and dragged down the road.

That makes no sense for someone outside the family to do. That's something someone does to create distance from the house, because they don't want to be there with the body.

It's messy, risky, and pointless otherwise.

What's bizarre is that whoever did this moved the body from the scene of the crime. And that they dragged that hockey bag across two fairly major roadways, but ditched it right by a sidewalk with forested parkland on the other side of a chain link fence . I think the guy figured he’d been seen OR realized he was leaving a trail of blood behind him.

MOO if this picture is of a young person that might explain why they wouldn't have thought about all the cameras that would capture their actions. MOO
Yup. It's spectacularly reckless, even at that time of night. I don't think there's some dangerous killer on the loose, but reports like this do cast a bit of doubt on that:

The couple's younger 13-year-old son was found on the top floor of their home after police traced the bloodstains back to the neighborhood, according to The Post. The NYPD doesn't believe he left the home overnight.

NYPD traces blood trail after finding slain mother in a duffel bag on Queens sidewalk | Fox News

Man, they really released the worst still from that CCTV, looks like :confused: Would be better to see that person during a stride with leg extended, to better judge height weight etc etc. Of course imo LE doesn't need the publics help at this stage, so they're under no pressure to release their best evidence.
What's in the front of the person, is that someone raising a very floppy sleeve or smth?

What's bizarre is that whoever did this moved the body from the scene of the crime. And that they dragged that hockey bag across two fairly major roadways, but ditched it right by a sidewalk with forested parkland on the other side of a chain link fence . I think the guy figured he’d been seen OR realized he was leaving a trail of blood behind him.

Or they wanted the bag to be found promptly?

Seems like leaving a trail of blood like that adds to the threat, if there was a threat. "Look, I'm not even bothering to hide. I could have killed the kid tonight, and I won't have any trouble killing the rest of you tomorrow. Or the neighbors either."

Or they wanted the bag to be found promptly?

Seems like leaving a trail of blood like that adds to the threat, if there was a threat. "Look, I'm not even bothering to hide. I could have killed the kid tonight, and I won't have any trouble killing the rest of you tomorrow. Or the neighbors either."
I suppose, but risky business. Not a super short walk and in Queens at 4:30, he'd have been seen. I don't think the photo police have shared is the best they have.

A few updates from NY Post:

<snip> Gaal returned home before midnight and a short time later her killer arrived, another NYPD source said.

<snip> Gaal’s body was found with multiple stab wounds in a hockey bag, not unlike the one used by her son, the second law-enforcement source noted.

Detectives have found no sign of a break-in at the house. They believe the suspect knew his victim and stabbed her out of anger, a source said...

...The high-up NYPD source added to The Post that detectives don’t believe the boy left the house overnight.

Orsolya Gaal spotted alive in backyard before body found

"...and a short time later her killer arrived."

I suppose, but risky business. Not a super short walk and in Queens at 4:30, he'd have been seen. I don't think the photo police have shared is the best they have.

Well, a person making a hit of some kind probably wouldn't assess risks quite the same way we do. And an ordinary person who had just committed an unplanned murder might be in a panic and not thinking rationally.

But why not leave her there (in the basement, based on what I've read)? I've also read that HK received a threatening text after the murder, so no need to take such a risk; HK would have gotten the message. Check out the map from Juno street to Union turnpike and Metropolitan Ave. The body was found just past the overpass on Metropolitan.

What a strange and brutal case. Whoever did it will likely be caught soon b/c of the sheer amount of surveillance footage that police must be getting. Not just from homes but any storefronts, even public transportation, like passing along a bus route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper