NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at precedent, and I quickly found 4 cases where 13 year olds had murdered their mothers. Three of those killings were over video games, and only one involved a gun.

Whoever killed her almost certainly dumped her, and the image seems to match a young person, as does the behavior.

They did release him though, so who knows.

But she was dismembered right? If so, that seems hard to believe a teenager could do that.
The “overnight” part is what I find odd. If the son did this, he would indeed be home all night (overnight). I can’t shake the idea that the younger son is involved. Hope I’m wrong. MOO

Or that he knows who is.

Very good observation. The husband’s tweet from that day mentioned being at a college with his son and then in the next breath talked about Putin. Or a book about Putin or something. With what’s going on in the world anything could happen.

Someone made the point earlier that if they wanted to kill the entire family then why did they leave a 13-year-old son sleeping upstairs? Also a good observation.

That leads me back to the question of why would a killer who was a stranger bundle the bloody body in a duffel bag and drag it away from the house? They probably left it where they did because they couldn’t drag it any further. Nope, I think this was an inside job. MOO

^^BBM

Perp is pulling the duffel bag with only one hand. It looks like he may be carrying something with his other hand. Perhaps, he had his car parked close to the area where he abandoned the bag and had planned to take the remains into his vehicle and out of the neighborhood to dispose of it where it could not easily be found. Maybe, he abandoned it once he realized blood was seeping out and leaving a trail

It's possible a "date" she invited over after an evening out together killed her--and dragged her body outside of the house to dispose of it. John Robert Charlton did exactly that to Ingrid Lyne in Seattle in 2016...but the threatening text message to her husband supposedly targeting the entire family seems to suggest revenge rather than an opportunistic and random killing.

About that threat. They had the son there and didn't touch him. Then turn around and say the rest of them are next? It is all so odd.

It makes you wonder where the initial crime scene was. There had to have been huge blood bath somewhere.

I believe I read the murder took place in the basement. If so, that's prob where the hockey bag was also. Additionally, the younger son and neighbors may not have heard anything if it occurred in the basement.

She also may have been overpowered quickly depriving her of the opportunity to scream.

About that threat. They had the son there and didn't touch him. Then turn around and say the rest of them are next? It is all so odd.
I agree and the whole thing is bizarre.
I know teenagers can play up in their rooms for hours on end. I get it but I find it a bit odd that the 13 yr old son never came downstairs all night and through the next morning when police went inside. Didn’t go grab a snack, soda etc..Maybe he did and just didn’t see or hear anything?? Wonder what the layout of the house is?
MOO

Who else thinks it’s weird that the dad and son were going to check out a college on Easter weekend. The place would be deserted, Buildings probably locked to anyone who doesn’t have a card key.

I remember from when our kids were doing the college trips that it was often a tradeoff--the weekends we could get an extra day off were not weekends when the colleges had stuff going on.

I wonder if the murderer thought both boys had gone with the father and didn't realize the kid was asleep upstairs.

I believe I read the murder took place in the basement. If so, that's prob where the hockey bag was also. Additionally, the younger son and neighbors may not have heard anything if it occurred in the basement.

Yes you’re right. So if a stranger came to the house totally unprepared they were awfully lucky to not only find a bag big enough to hold the body but knives or power tools, whatever, heavy duty enough to cut parts off to make it fit. A body can be in the fetal position and also have detached parts, in my opinion. I wonder if they took a shower before they left or if they brought a spare set of clothes? And shoes.

Yes you’re right. So if a stranger came to the house totally unprepared they were awfully lucky to not only find a bag big enough to hold the body but knives or power tools, whatever, heavy duty enough to cut parts off to make it fit. A body can be in the fetal position and also have detached parts, in my opinion. I wonder if they took a shower before they left or if they brought a spare set of clothes? And shoes.
It's just so pointless. Kill someone, then take the risk of moving the body, only to leave a blood trail and dump it where it will be easily found.

It accomplishes nothing, except for creating unnecessary risk.

So either this person is mentally ill, or it's a child who wanted to create distance. I'm leaning towards the latter, even though law enforcement has apparently indicated otherwise (that photo looks like a young person too).

Maybe the killer had other plans but tired of pulling the hockey bag.

True. I realize the killer just left a bloody mess in the basement but perhaps they didn’t want to make a mess in their car so they dragged it for as far away as they could.

I wonder how many minutes it would’ve taken to drag heavy bag from the house to the location it was found? Perhaps the person saw something that spooked them while they were on their way to a certain destination. So they ditched the bag and got out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member