NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the perp had any blood on their shoes that was able to leave a footprint from, either in the house or the street.

Though I suppose it's less likely if they'd changed shoes from the ones they used in the attack and walked in front of any blood dripping as they went.

There had to have been blood on the killers shoes (unless they changed shoes). It’ll be interesting to see if cops can pull any partial/full shoe prints outside and what size those come back as.
its early on in this investigation but I think it will be quickly solved...it was an amateur crime....they have footage of the guy pulling the suitcase but do they have footage of what he did afterwards?....I'm thinking it was a neighbor hood kid/young man....this is not a professional and that threat was merely a distraction. Father and son being away on Easter is odd though....what's in Portland oregon itself is Reed College, Portland State and University of Portland , so why is he clear across the country for these smaller colleges?....Uof Oregon is a few hrs away as well as Oregon State...George Fox and Linfield are 40 miles away or so.....

• Orsolya Gaal, 51, apparently told her youngest son she was going out to watch a show, but met up with another man instead, NYPD sources told PIX11 News
  • At some point, the sources added, the man killed Gaal in the basement of her home, stuffed her in the bag and disposed of her body
  • He then allegedly accessed her phone and texted a chilling message to her husband: 'Your whole family is next'

Thanks WillenFan21!

Unbelievable. This article was posted within the last hour according to the time stamp. The other article naming family as suspects was earlier, backstroke.
Lots of pictures. It appears to me that the picture of the person dragging the bag might’ve been from her own front porch camera.

Last edited:
This article also says this.

“Police sources told the New York Post that her husband and one of her sons are considered 'persons of interest' in her death”

Did they make a mistake in this article? Very weird considering the father and oldest son were supposedly out of state.
This was early reporting, and they mistakenly included it in this article. They do that all the time.

its early on in this investigation but I think it will be quickly solved...it was an amateur crime....they have footage of the guy pulling the suitcase but do they have footage of what he did afterwards?....I'm thinking it was a neighbor hood kid/young man....this is not a professional and that threat was merely a distraction. Father and son being away on Easter is odd though....what's in Portland oregon itself is Reed College, Portland State and University of Portland , so why is he clear across the country for these smaller colleges?....Uof Oregon is a few hrs away as well as Oregon State...George Fox and Linfield are 40 miles away or so.....
Agree that it will be solved quickly. The camera image looks like a teenager with skinny legs maybe a friend of the older son. A Mrs Robinson thing. Or as you say a neighbor kid. The houses are close together. Did no one hear the roller wheels on the pavement leaving the house rolling along the route?
What about her dog. Why wasn’t it barking ? It should have been barking that night as well as in the morning, assuming she was the one to take it out ? Lots of pics on fb of the victim and dog.
Did the killer know the dog?
I hate to think it was the 13 yr old son but odds are 50-50. Imo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bag came from the house, right?

So she's murdered in the house, put into a bag, and dragged down the road.

That makes no sense for someone outside the family to do. That's something someone does to create distance from the house, because they don't want to be there with the body.

It's messy, risky, and pointless otherwise.
I agree. I think the fact that the perp walked down the street with the body is telling. Surely if the perp had a vehicle he/she would have put the body in the car and dumped it where it wouldn't be found so easily. This perp must not have had a car as an option.

I agree. I think the fact that the perp walked down the street with the body is telling. Surely if the perp had a vehicle he/she would have put the body in the car and dumped it where it wouldn't be found so easily. This perp must not have had a car as an option.

IF the perp is having a clandestine meeting with the victim at her home, both he and especially she would not want his vehicle parked by her house or even close in the neighborhood. He would park the vehicle outside the area, but within walking distance to her home.

IF the perp is having a clandestine meeting with the victim at her home, both he and especially she would not want his vehicle parked by her house or even close in the neighborhood. He would park the vehicle outside the area, but within walking distance to her home.
If it is a clandestine meeting it's curious to me why he would worry about his car but not be concerned there was a 13 year old in the house. I also find it odd that Orsolya would bring a lover home with her son at home. Too many things aren't making sense here. IMO

If it is a clandestine meeting it's curious to me why he would worry about his car but not be concerned there was a 13 year old in the house. I also find it odd that Orsolya would bring a lover home with her son at home. Too many things aren't making sense here. IMO

IF such a person even exists, perhaps they normally met elsewhere in the past. Maybe, she ended the relationship and he insisted that she speak with him in person that night. If she refused him, he may have said he would be coming over. Then, he lost it and murdered her in a rage.

That is, if such a relationship even existed. I don't think we know yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members