NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mother OG was last spotted outside in her backyard before midnight (seems kinda odd moo, was she lured out there? but depends on her personal habits), the figure dragging the hockey bag was captured around 4:30a & it looks like LE had to force entry around 8:30a …

are you thinking OG told 13-yo to hide when the killer arrived, sometime between midnight-4a & he was still hiding at 8-9a? Could be, I guess, esp if he retreated into an attic or something.

But my impression MOO was he hadn’t known anything had happened … per earlier reporting, which has been a mess so who knows, he told LE his mother lived in the home but he didn’t know where she presently was.
Yeah, the wording was what didn't sit right with me. Also, knowing that area and those kind of houses, the top floor could have very well been his bedroom. She also may have had come home from being out and took her dog to the back yard to pee. Her being outside isnt that weird to me. It seems like someone came in or was let in after she got home who had some level of familiarity.

I think the massive response was because of how they found her and tracked it back. They almost certainly had no idea what they couldve been walking into in that house.
As for where they're staying, they would usually put them up somewhere safe, especially if there is a possibility this was a targeted attack with a death threat towards the rest of the family.

I guess likely in a hotel? If there’s concern for the family, they wouldn’t want them to go anywhere predictable like to the home of another family member or close friend. But then given the access the killer seems to have had, maybe family / friends pose the most likely ongoing threat JMO.

I wonder if ears are tuned in on the goings-on wherever they’re staying. It’s such a strange scenario to think about - loyalties and fears could be running in any possible direction. And whoever committed this brutal act against OG has got be seen as a threat to others by LE at least, right? MOO

I'm guessing she was outside with the dog in the backyard.

Did the person go into the house while she was outside, and she didn't know?

The person hauling the bag looks like a shorter/smaller person but I don't know how much credibility to put into that. Doorbell cameras can distort distance and size, imo.

I hope LE makes some kind of statement soon.

ETA: Another thing to ponder. Where was her dog when all this was happening? Not barking like mad?

If the text message came from her phone to HK, how did the perp access her phone - don’t most phones have a security code ? Unless it was facial or finger print recognition and they used her body….

It is all very odd - I truly think it is unlikely that she let someone into the house while her 13 year old son was upstairs - the house does not look like an enormous mansion where the perp could be certain the son would not hear anything…. And how did the perp find the bag ? I imagine they did not bring it with them - so how did they get it ?

I am 100% agreeing that if it was the son, he would be on camera returning to the house after dumping the bag…. I cannot see the son dismembering the body though - that is just beyond horrific….

So a few things: it hasnt been confirmed, but i dont think she was actually dismembered. There was some sort of significant blunt force trauma or stabbing. She appears to be a petite woman, so its entirely possible that she couldve fit in that bag without anything further (shudder)
The bag may have been used out of convenience or because someone knew it was there. Also, i noted her older son plays the drums. If you have a drum kit in your house, its usually in one of two places: basement or garage. And a lot of the time, people will use some level of soundproofing wherever they put them so your neighbors dont hate you.

Good points!! about the dog being why she was out in the yard. I keep forgetting the dog even exists…. as there hasn’t been any reporting on his behavior during or since the attack.

Maybe the dog was wherever she was when the whole thing went down. And if my completely speculative theory about soundproofing holds water, the perp probably left the dog where it couldnt be heard.
Or maybe the dog knew the perp and wouldnt react. Couldve put the dog in a crate somewhere else in the house. There's a few ways that could go.

I'm guessing she was outside with the dog in the backyard.

Did the person go into the house while she was outside, and she didn't know?

The person hauling the bag looks like a shorter/smaller person but I don't know how much credibility to put into that. Doorbell cameras can distort distance and size, imo.

I hope LE makes some kind of statement soon.

ETA: Another thing to ponder. Where was her dog when all this was happening? Not barking like mad?

I was also wondering about the dog. Would it have been reported if the dog had also been killed?

I wonder if the perp tried to clean up the crime scene inside the house to suggest the murder happened elsewhere.

Just based on the fact that there was a trail of blood pooling in spots a half a mile long as well as what sounds like catastrophic injuries, there's no way you could clean that up in a few hours unless you had a whole Dexter Morgan setup in your basement.

The mother OG was last spotted outside in her backyard before midnight (seems kinda odd moo, was she lured out there? but depends on her personal habits), the figure dragging the hockey bag was captured around 4:30a & it looks like LE had to force entry around 8:30a …

are you thinking OG told 13-yo to hide when the killer arrived, sometime between midnight-4a & he was still hiding at 8-9a? Could be, I guess, esp if he retreated into an attic or something.

But my impression MOO was he hadn’t known anything had happened … per earlier reporting, which has been a mess so who knows, he told LE his mother lived in the home but he didn’t know where she presently was.
I haven't seen reports that she was seen in her backyard during the night that she was killed. I've only seen reports that she was seen in the back yard on Friday (the day before). Maybe I'm missing something.

"Neighbors of Gaal — whose body was discovered by a dog-walker around 8 a.m. Saturday, less than a mile from her upscale home — said they were shocked by the violence.
“I saw her [Friday] in her backyard,” said John Blankson, who lives next to the family’s stately Tudor-style home."
Orsolya Gaal: Figure seen dragging bag shortly before mom found dead

The reports say suspected COD was blunt force trauma, but also mention stab wounds. If this was a hit, wouldn't a gun be more likely used?
If it was a hit, they wouldnt have made a mess. And probably wouldve left her there. But yeah, hitmen dont go around clobbering or stabbing people to death then haphazardly dump them in public view. At least not good ones.
Also, totally based on my knowledge of the area and life experiences (and a lot of Martin Scorsese) i can think of about a thousand better places to do that within 20 minutes of that house. You have access to pretty much every major thoroughfare out of NYC at your disposal.

Another thing to keep in mind with active investigations is that they dont always want to release all of the evidence or details in order to not compromise being able to prosecute. I'd bet almost anything that they had a solid ID just based off of video and internet/gps imprint. Phone records usually take longer, but whoever did this, theyre probably building a very solid case with context and background. I have a feeling there are many many layers to this whole situation that didnt just start Friday night.

Last edited:
Just based on the fact that there was a trail of blood pooling in spots a half a mile long as well as what sounds like catastrophic injuries, there's no way you could clean that up in a few hours unless you had a whole Dexter Morgan setup in your basement.
Agreed. It looks like the blood trail wasn't noticed by the perp right away. And then there's the locked door. Why bother locking it, unless you are trying to make it look like nothing happened. IF this could have been the younger son, did he have help or was there another way to sneak back into the house, out of camera view? Perhaps the crime scene cleanup continued after the body was moved.

What seems weird to me in this case is that there seemingly weren't any family issues that people living near them were aware of. One couple that was interviewed stated that she was a happy person and that the two families had dinners together.

Agreed. It looks like the blood trail wasn't noticed by the perp right away. And then there's the locked door. Why bother locking it, unless you are trying to make it look like nothing happened. IF this could have been the younger son, did he have help or was there another way to sneak back into the house, out of camera view? Perhaps the crime scene cleanup continued after the body was moved.

No one has said yet if there was any effort to conceal a crime scene at the house. Also, while there is speculation about how she was killed based off of how they found her, until an autopsy is done, they wont know the full extent of the injuries or what the actual case is. The have the manner of death, which is obviously homicide. Thats significant. The more i think about all the effort it would take to actually kill this more woman the way she met her end, the more i think this might have been a joint effort. Like someone acting out of anger, freaking out, and calling a friend to come help them. This doesnt look like a one man job.
You also never know what goes on behind closed doors in someone's home. And if they were actually close friends, i doubt they would be spilling the tea to the media about anything questionable right off the bat.

Orsolya Gaal spotted alive in backyard before body found

Information is BBM. Some names have been changed into acronyms by me.

Queens mom Orsolya Gaal spotted alive in backyard before body found
April 17, 2022 1:19pm

The Forest Hills mom found dead in a hockey duffel bag spent some of her final hours puttering around her yard and enjoying a night out — before video caught a mysterious figure apparently lugging her makeshift casket down the street.

Cops are now trying to piece together how Orsolya Gaal, 51, went from a seemingly typical stay-at-home married mom of two to slay victim.

“It’s a mystery,” an NYPD official told The Post on Sunday. “Now it’s a question of piecing together everything she did that night.”

The source said that during Gaal’s final hours Friday, “She goes out. She goes out with friends.”

“We’re pulling video and receipts from those places” she went to, the source said.

“[Then] around 4:30 a.m. [Saturday], you see somebody rolling this [duffel bag] down the sidewalk from multiple cameras,” the source said.

“[Cops] actually traced it backward from the scene to the house,” the source said, referring to a blood trail from the bag.

“She knew the people she was out with,” the source said of the victim. “We’re talking to them. We also have to figure out, did she meet some mysterious stranger along the way?”

Neighbors of Gaal — whose body was discovered less than a mile from her home by a dog-walker around 8 a.m. Saturday — said they were shocked by the violence.

“I saw her [Friday] in her backyard,” said JB, who lives next to the family’s stately Tudor-style home.

“We share a common backyard with [her] dog,” the resident said, apparently referring to an adorable little brown pooch that Gaal posed with in a slew of Facebook photos on her page.

“[Saturday] morning, we were like, ‘Why can’t we hear the dog this morning?’ It’s super shocking,” JB said.

The NYPD said Sunday that surveillance footage from the area captured “an unknown individual” dragging a wheeled duffel bag from the direction of Gaal’s home. The hockey bag containing her corpse was discovered about four and a half hours later, and cops followed the blood trail from it to the side door of her Juno Street home, authorities said.

Officers found Gaal’s 13-year-old son on the top floor of the home, police said.

“He stated he lives at the location but does not know where she is,” cops said in a statement.

The boy was taken into custody to be interviewed and later released, law-enforcement sources said.

The high-up NYPD source added to The Post that detectives don’t believe the boy left the house overnight.

Gaal’s husband, businessman HK, was reportedly in Portland with the couple’s 17-year-old son on a college hunt at the time, according to social-media posts.

HK told The Post on Saturday that he was on his way home while repeatedly saying the family’s lives “are at stake.”

“There are concerns about our safety, he said. “Our lives are at risk.”

In a since-deleted tweet announcing his recent out-of-state trip with his son, HK also made a pitch for hedge-funder Bill Browder’s book about Vladimir Putin.

“Just landed Portland OR before evaluating Ann Arbor again with my 17-year-old son,” HK wrote. “Highly recommend ‘Freezing Order’ @Billbrowder a man I’ve followed closely and admired since I started on Wall Street in 1997 broking EMEA & Russian equities to hedge funds like Hermitage.”

The book is subtitled “A True Story of Money Laundering, Murder and Surviving Vladimir Putin’s Wrath.”

According to sources, Gaal was previously reported missing in May 2020 but later surfaced.

The couple’s older son also went missing in 2004 but was later found, too.
Various people in the nuclear family have disappeared and reappeared before?????

I haven't seen reports that the doors were locked. I've only seen reports that LE made an "emergency entry" into the house. Emergency entry could just mean that they entered without a warrant (i.e., urgent situation not needing a warrant) because of the body/blood trail to the home.

"Cops said a blood trail from the blood-soaked bag led them to Gaal's house, located in a gated community on Juno Street, a half mile from where her body was found.
Gaal had no ID on her when she was found, police told the New York Daily News, adding that officers who followed the trail made an 'emergency entry' into her home to try and get to the bottom of the grisly discovery."
Married mom-of-two Orsolya Gaal 'met up with another man' who killed her in basement of Queens home | Daily Mail Online

Various people in the nuclear family have disappeared and reappeared before?????
I am curious if the perpetrator knew of Orsolya’s previous instance of being reported missing and attempted to remove the body from the home to stage the possibility of her voluntarily leaving. No details have emerged about the previous missing person report, though, so it could have been from any scenario. Based on her social media presence, she seems to travel internationally a lot, so perhaps she simply lost contact while abroad due to limited access to telephones or cellular signals.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member