CA CA - Beth Watson, 64, last seen walking dog near Lyon's Lake, Tuolumne Co., 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help from the community in locating 64-year-old Beth Watson.

She was last seen walking with her white German Shepherd in the area of Lyon’s Lake at 10:30 am on Tuesday, August 13.

She was wearing green capri pants, purple shoes, sunglasses, and an unknown color shirt.

She is described as being 5’2”, 150 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.

Anyone who has seen Beth or knows of her whereabouts is urged to contact the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office at 209-533-5815.
Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 9.27.14 AM.png

More than 60 search-and-rescue volunteers and other searchers were looking Wednesday for 64-year-old Beth Watson, who was last seen walking with her white German shepherd, named Merle, with an orange leash in the area of Lyons Reservoir at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

At least two aircraft — one helicopter and one plane — searched Tuesday evening and into the night with FLIR — forward looking infrared — looking for possible heat signatures, Vasquez said. A helicopter was requested for the search Wednesday. Tuolumne County SAR has two drones. One of the drones was being brought to Lyons Reservoir later Wednesday, Boujikian said.

The search for Watson included four dog teams: two tracking dogs and their handlers, and two open area search dogs and their handlers, Vasquez said. Volunteers also had numerous off-road vehicles, including dirtbikes and side-by-sides, to deploy at Lyons Reservoir if necessary.

“We called in mutual aid yesterday and we’ve had a lot of folks come from other counties,” Vasquez said. “We have all the resources that we can spare devoted to this. We’re grateful to all our volunteers and their support staff who have come out. And thanks to the mutual aid from other counties, sending resources our way.”

More at link -- long article.

Watson was at Lyons Reservoir on Tuesday with a family member before she went walking with her dog, Boujikian said. Watson frequents the Lyons Reservoir area and is familiar with the area.

Lyons Reservoir Day Use Area is a Pacific Gas and Electric facility. It is open from sunrise to sunset each day. Camping and swimming are never allowed.

“This is a day use area,” Boujikian said. “Her family member reported her missing. She and her dog are still missing. We want to make sure anyone who sees her or believes they saw her in the area, contact the Sheriff’s Office, at (209) 533-5815.”

Watson was at Lyons Reservoir on Tuesday with a family member before she went walking with her dog, Boujikian said. Watson frequents the Lyons Reservoir area and is familiar with the area.

Lyons Reservoir Day Use Area is a Pacific Gas and Electric facility. It is open from sunrise to sunset each day. Camping and swimming are never allowed.

“This is a day use area,” Boujikian said. “Her family member reported her missing. She and her dog are still missing. We want to make sure anyone who sees her or believes they saw her in the area, contact the Sheriff’s Office, at (209) 533-5815.”
My hunch is they are in the lake, accidental drowning. Perhaps the dog had trouble in the water and she went in to help him. :(

jmo

My hunch is they are in the lake, accidental drowning. Perhaps the dog had trouble in the water and she went in to help him. :(

jmo
If that were the case all the dogs would have alerted that I would think? Also, if they are in the lake they would surface today or tomorrow most likely. I'm just wondering what the dogs picked up?

If that were the case all the dogs would have alerted that I would think? Also, if they are in the lake they would surface today or tomorrow most likely. I'm just wondering what the dogs picked up?
I would think tracking dogs would have tracked scents to the water’s edge if indeed they ended up there. Likewise on hiking trails. It’s been 48 hours now, would have hoped the dogs would have picked up a scent somewhere from at least one of them

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back