NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 hours seems extreme for sure. Perhaps panic over the unplanned murder? Did the murderer call someone else (friend/family) for advice/assistance? Were they using public transit & now needed a safe ride elsewhere? Did this contact advise them to move body so son wouldn’t find it? Such a bizarre situation.

That would be possible.

Other random things that come to mind:

It took that long to get her in the duffle bag and then shower themselves and get rid of the blood.

They were searching for something in the house.

They tried to clean up that long before they gave up.

They left but then came back for some reason.

I'm thinking this is going to end up like the plot of a Lifetime movie. Attractive older woman is having an affair with a younger guy... personal trainer or whatever. She decides to end it. He can't accept it and begs to see her while the husband is out of town. Maybe she reluctantly agrees to meet him at the bar but he doesn't show. Later - he shows up at her house drunk/emotional/angry - argument happens, fight ensues. He kills her in a blind rage and a panicked attempt to cover his tracks ensues.

He's on the run. Police are just trying to find him.

Exactly this.

Another" sources said" article. The media really is pushing this narrative.I bet they get their info from searching SM. JMO.

IF she has any secrets, she probably has one very trusted, one very close girlfriend who is divulging those secrets, if there are any, to detectives bc she wants her murderer found.

For female victims, all homicides committed by 25 and more stab wounds were found to be sex-related.

Statistically, jealousy was the most frequent motive for sex-related multiple stabbing homicides.”

bbm
Multiple stabbing in sex-related homicides | Request PDF
I personally find it to be a stretch for this report to say that "all" female homicides committed by 25 or more stab wounds are sex related".
I lost a dear a friend to homicide. She suffered 50+ stab wounds inflicted by her husband and it wasn't in any way sexually motivated. He was drunk, she took his keys to the car and it infuriated him. They had camera's throughout the house and much of it was on video including the murder.

FWIW; An Apple Watch would have noted time of death & emergency contacts can be accessed via lock screen on iPhone if enabled. (It should be for everyone) I’m not sure if one could have used a locked phone to text husband though. My spouse & child are identified as such on emergency contact info but not in my contacts.

NYC cops seek man they believe had affair with killed mom Orsolya Gaal
Samson Cornejo, whose father owns 5 Burro Cafe on Austin Street, said Gaal was a regular at the watering hole but added that he’s not sure if she was there late Friday.

“Her house is a 10-minute walk. … She comes here, y’know, she’s been here before. She used to come with some Russian ladies,” Cornejo told The Post on Tuesday.

“I saw the bag, where they found it, after I left that night. I drove by it after leaving here. I couldn’t believe when I heard. It smacked me when I saw her picture!”

I just find this information on what SC (on the article above) said about seeing the bag on the drive from his bar very interesting. Can they easily see this bag in the dark during the night with the street lights? I wonder how many could have seen it until it was found by the guy walking the dogs and there should be someone who saw the prep walking with the bag too

So we are wondering where the prep could have parked the car, he could have easily parked around Austin Street.

From the video we could easily see the prep carrying something, may be after he discarded the bag with the body, he changed to another outfit (even discarded some on the way or retrieved the discarded before the bag was found) and made his way to his car in the area where there might be lot of cameras. I hope LE goes through all these cameras on Austin St specifically around that time-frame and since it is early Saturday there wouldn't be lot of people walking around.

I'm thinking this is going to end up like the plot of a Lifetime movie. Attractive older woman is having an affair with a younger guy... personal trainer or whatever. She decides to end it. He can't accept it and begs to see her while the husband is out of town. Maybe she reluctantly agrees to meet him at the bar but he doesn't show. Later - he shows up at her house drunk/emotional/angry - argument happens, fight ensues. He kills her in a blind rage and a panicked attempt to cover his tracks ensues.

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking this whole time. I do wonder about the text though. She was killed at 12:40am, husband got the text at 7 something. Was that PST? Did the guy still have her phone after he dumped her? He had to eight?

So much of this feels like a smokescreen. But I can't figure out what's being screened.

That is this entire case in a nutshell! I keep trying to apply Occam's Razor to this whole thing, but Occam never drug a blood-dripping duffel bag around a neighborhood with a dead body inside. JMO

Last edited:
I just find this information on what SC (on the article above) said about seeing the bag on the drive from his bar very interesting. Can they easily see this bag in the dark during the night with the street lights? I wonder how many could have seen it until it was found by the guy walking the dogs and there should be someone who saw the prep walking with the bag too

So we are wondering where the prep could have parked the car, he could have easily parked around Austin Street.

From the video we could easily see the prep carrying something, may be after he discarded the bag with the body, he changed to another outfit (even discarded some on the way or retrieved the discarded before the bag was found) and made his way to his car in the area where there might be lot of cameras. I hope LE goes through all these cameras on Austin St specifically around that time-frame and since it is early Saturday there wouldn't be lot of people walking around.
If you had a car why would you take a chance and drag a heavy body down a busy street? You would use that car to remove body? And why remove it unless you wanted it far from you or not found.

I personally find it to be a stretch for this report to say that "all" female homicides committed by 25 or more stab wounds are sex related".
I lost a dear a friend to homicide. She suffered 50+ stab wounds inflicted by her husband and it wasn't in any way sexually motivated. He was drunk, she took his keys to the car and it infuriated him. They had camera's throughout the house and much of it was on video including the murder.

hmm I see your point… fwiw imo I’d call what you described “sex related” because its context was within a sexual relationship. “Sex related” as in involving the intense feelings that come with romantic / sexual relationships … unlike say a motive of robbery that has no “passion” behind it

I have to admit, especially before the latest leaks have come out about a supposed man she had been seeing, the thought occurred to me that one of her son's friends may have had the hots for her, and made a move that got laughed off or blown off, and he did something in a fit of rage. After all, there is no denying that she was a very beautiful woman. JMO

Last edited:
I believe it's said that iPhone's Face ID will not work on a deceased or otherwise incapacitated person. If it was an iPhone. I believe eye contact among other thresholds need to be met. For what it's worth and so "they say".

I keep hearing all of these posts about how someone got into her phone. I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who doesn't keep mine locked. I used to keep it locked, but it couldn't read my fingerprint half the time, so I turned the biometrics off and have never used them since. Perhaps she did not keep hers locked either. JMO

Last edited:
If you had a car why would you take a chance and drag a heavy body down a busy street? You would use that car to remove body? And why remove it unless you wanted it far from you or not found.

Since LE believes the prep is known to the victim, the prep would not have wanted to park the car around the victim's house without getting the neighbor's attention.

There are many assumptions to the second question but IMO the prep chose that time and that bag as though he is trying to catch a bus or train (travel). May be it is common in NY for lot of tourists and people to travel like that. I wonder what would have happened if a LE car just stopped and chatted with the guy walking -- but 4am might be just a ruse to catch a bus. BUT why have a dead body in the bag? May be the prep is insane or may be he finds joy doing what he did.

I’m thinking that during the 4 hour gap, the killer attempted to clean up a bit, tried to figure out what to, and took a shower and changed clothes.
I feel the same way. Maybe a murder wasn't the original intent and it took awhile to figure OMG, what to do now? What have I done? Or it was planned but didn't go quite the way it was planned.

I believe it's said that iPhone's Face ID will not work on a deceased or otherwise incapacitated person. If it was an iPhone. I believe eye contact among other thresholds need to be met. For what it's worth and so "they say".

if the speculation about an affair is true, which i believe it to be.. she almost certainly had a lock mechanism on her phone to prevent her husband or kids from going through it and peeping conversations.. at this point i'm thinking the time she went missing in 2020 was related, and that the affair was exposed to her husband at that time..

EDIT: lock mechanism most likely a fingerprint, given that the killer was able to use it to send a text

I honestly hope this is just inaccurate reporting because what kind of investigative strategy is this?––not naming someone a person of interest because they might take advantage of their constitutional right to counsel sounds shady.
Right! Why even tell the public at all that there are 3 men on her phone they are investigating. Why give any of them a chance to run, if indeed any of them are guilty? LE doesn't owe the public anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88