NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad I am not the only person who thought that. It may be just distortion and bad angle, but that is exactly how it looks, and I also think they look like they may be wearing a hockey helmet or bike helmet, and I am almost certain they are wearing shorts. Anyone know what the temp was there Saturday morning 4:30ish? JMO

Probably in the 40s. I couldn't go back to Sat though.

I am glad I am not the only person who thought that. It may be just distortion and bad angle, but that is exactly how it looks, and I also think they look like they may be wearing a hockey helmet or bike helmet, and I am almost certain they are wearing shorts. Anyone know what the temp was there Saturday morning 4:30ish? JMO
In the video it looks to me like the person is wearing a hoodie with the hood up or a raincoat with the hood up. In the still shot it looks more like a helmet to me. JMO.

Police back inside a Queens home Monday night where mother - Orsolya Gaal - was murdered, her body found stuffed in a duffel bag half a mile away. Sources tell
@NBCNewYork
investigators have identified a person of interest they want to speak to

video
https://twitter.com/AnjaliHemphill/status/1516221288628555776?s=20&t=yj9TeD_Wbc30TXL16UxzxQ

Interesting that it looks like they are processing the entire house when police said she was murdered in the basement. They must be hoping to gather specific evidence, since they are back at the house at 9:20PM—seems rather late for just a routine, due diligence search. MOO.

Interesting that it looks like they are processing the entire house when police said she was murdered in the basement. They must be hoping to gather specific evidence, since they are back at the house at 9:20PM—seems rather late for just a routine, due diligence search. MOO.
What the police are saying, and what they are doing seem different at the moment. MOO.

It is indeed curiouser and curiouser to me. Are they looking for a connection between her and the killer? Has the killer been in the home on more than this occasion? Or, something other than a crime of passion or anger towards her? I am nervous about where this is going. Fingers crossed that this is not a paid hit-- I am getting a vibe though.

Last edited:
If the person responsible was someone who previously worked for the family, as the text and current reporting suggests, my question is how they knew OG would be at home. Police said she got home safely that night, so presumably the perpetrator was either 1) lying in wait or 2) got into the house at some point after she returned.

OG hadn't posted anything publicly about her specific plans for that weekend, although her husband did tweet about him and the oldest son being out of the area for a college tour, perhaps the perpetrator saw it and knew she and the young son would be home alone?

Talk about nerves of steel.....the killer wasnt worried about anyone else in the house. If the killer knew the family consisted of husband, wife & two sons, the oldest son being away with his father looking at a college, that leaves the mother & younger son inside that home.

If the mom screamed bloody murder while being attacked, & her son came running down to the basement, we might be looking at two murders, assuming the young son wasnt involved.

Also, the mom being stabbed close to 60 times & she also had defensive wounds on her hands, I would definitely think she would be screaming out for help.

The younger son was lead out of the house with both arms behind his back in handcuffs, & released by the police after being questioned. If its another person outside of the family, it may take a bit longer to collect evidence & have it stick to a POI.

Lets see what the detectives can dig up in the coming days.
Re: the need to tread carefully, I agree 100%. That’s why I phrased my post to say that the evidence suggested a specific scenario being an obvious fit. But I have learned the hard way recently that crimes or missing persons reported on the news don’t always paint the full picture and can often be misleading. I had someone very close to me go missing, and due to the suspicious and sudden circumstances of her disappearance, and due to what the police chose to report, it opened the door to rampant speculation that her husband was involved. And I don’t blame that speculation, because if I had been an outsider, I would have likely thought the same thing. But since I knew the family very closely and knew that there were elements of the case involving heavy anti-depressants, a recent traumatic death in the family, and even a hushed-up incident of self-harm in the past that murder was not going to be the outcome. And it wasn’t. So it’s likely in this case as well that there’s a lot we’re not aware of at this point to perhaps point the finger with 100% accuracy.

You are correct, the detectives know things we will only find out after an arrest.....also, im sure there are several other security cameras along the route the killer chose to walk that show what they look like, possibly up closer to their face.

Would the person who is responsible for killing her have scratches , marks , etc. on their body ? Genuinely asking. I read that she had defensive wounds.

I would think so. Further, I would say that there are probably a fair number of marks, cuts and scratches. I would also think she would have had dna under her nails because I don't think she gave up without a massive fight.

The perp killed the victim in her own home, then spent some time texting her husband (a stranger would think he was upstairs), putting her in a bag, and rolling it casually down the street. Perp had access to the home, access to her phone, knowledge who to text, knowledge that her husband whom he was texting wasn't home, wasn't going to be home anytime soon, had no access to a car, must have been covered in blood, but apparently made it to somewhere unnoticed...

oh yeah, and unless she was sending dozens of people to jail, identified themselves.
Unusual use of the term- some years ago. That’s sounds like an older women

Definitely weird to include those details in the text and put all the periods and apostrophes.

The one thing that continues to trip me up is the fact that that LE has a person of interest that they have (allegedly) been unable to locate and yet they don’t seem at all concerned about the fact there is a murder suspect on the loose. I’m sure LE has information that we don’t, but from the perspective of a member of the public it seems a bit bizarre.

One thing that’s bothering me about this case is the presence of the younger son in the house during the killing. Even if they did not hear anything, why didn’t the killer murder them as well given they supposedly had a vendetta against the entire family.

Why did the police arrest the teen in the morning? Could just acting suspicious somewhere downstairs in the house and not answering the door suffice an arrest?

One thing that’s bothering me about this case is the presence of the younger son in the house during the killing. Even if they did not hear anything, why didn’t the killer murder them as well given they supposedly had a vendetta against the entire family.

Why did the police arrest the teen in the morning? Could just acting suspicious somewhere downstairs in the house and not answering the door suffice an arrest?

Well- if in fact the killer was someone outside the home , I think it’s possible that he said something like “don’t scream or I’ll kill your son too” and then led her to the basement.

Police back inside a Queens home Monday night where mother - Orsolya Gaal - was murdered, her body found stuffed in a duffel bag half a mile away. Sources tell
@NBCNewYork
investigators have identified a person of interest they want to speak to

video
https://twitter.com/AnjaliHemphill/status/1516221288628555776?s=20&t=yj9TeD_Wbc30TXL16UxzxQ
From the link posted (Twitter) does anyone know the general layout of the home? If it is infact 3 levels I’m assuming the 2 pics being shown are of the 3rd floor and 2nd with the basement underneath and unseen from street view?
Curious about the 3 rd floor, if that is infact the 3rd floor where the small window is and detective is seen.

The line between an investigatory detention (reasonable suspicion) and an arrest (probable cause) is pretty vague. I don't think hand cuffs automatically means an arrest. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper