NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where was the dog during the attack?
She has many pictures with a dog.
Also on the video what I find odd is pants of the person it looks like leggings or very tight pants. Odd thing to wear as a man ? It looks to me like a young male as I stated before but legs is something that looks like women’s to me.

I agree. Sounds like “old world” phrasing by older people. Hell, I’m middle-aged and can’t think of anyone my age who would put it that way. Reading that, I visualize an older person. JMO. My husband (we are middle-aged” and kids (teenagers) concur.

speaking of teenagers… these kids sleep through everything. I can run the vacuum cleaner (and a marching band!) through their bedroom and they wouldn’t hear it. They stay up late, especially on weekends/school breaks, and sleep in.

True

Myself included as a 20 something asleep in living room smoke alarm goes off in hallway bout 10 feet away, mom was frying chicken, told I got up and stood under it rocking back and forth and went in parents room got in their bed and went back to sleep.

I agree. Sounds like “old world” phrasing by older people. Hell, I’m middle-aged and can’t think of anyone my age who would put it that way. Reading that, I visualize an older person. JMO. My husband (we are middle-aged” and kids (teenagers) concur.

speaking of teenagers… these kids sleep through everything. I can run the vacuum cleaner (and a marching band!) through their bedroom and they wouldn’t hear it. They stay up late, especially on weekends/school breaks, and sleep in.

If we run with the theory that the texts aren’t legit threats, the perp may have used a strange turn of phrase intentionally to put LE off the scent

I'm curious how a woman from Queen's gets to the Lincoln Center in the city. Does she take a cab, take the subway, ride with friends? (Parking must be a bear. I rarely drove in the city)

And where would she stop for a drink alone? A small bar near her home, a bar in the City?

How do Queen's people, or in this case, a nicely dressed attractive lady get into the city in the evening and how do they get back home? Anyone know?

Thank you for this information! A few questions, if you don’t mind…

1. are the basements generally “walkout” style? Could they be renovated to become bedrooms?

2. where, in your opinion/experience, would the five bedrooms be located? I’m guessing three on the second floor, one in the attic/third floor, maybe one on the first? I’m my experience, older homes of that era have very small bedrooms, so it’s possible that there could be three on one floor, even in a small house.

3. do you think it’s redundant to say “Austin Street in Forest Hills”? IMO everyone local (hell, even I a Manhattanite) knows Austin Street is in Forest Hills. Would a local/native ever phrase it that way?

I mentioned this many pages back, but to answer your first question, I don't believe the basement could be renovated to become a bedroom(s). In fact, based on the photos I've seen, it isn't even a basement, but rather a cellar––the windows are too small and it seems like it is more than 1/2 below curb level.

From the NYC Housing and Preservation Department: "A basement is a story of a building partly below curb level but with at least one-half of its height above the curb level. A cellar is an enclosed space having more than one-half of its height below curb level. Usually, if a cellar has any windows, the windows are too small for an adult to fit through."

56748783-10728611-image-a-4_1650301848971.jpg

If we run with the theory that the texts aren’t legit threats, the perp may have used a strange turn of phrase intentionally to put LE off the scent

I keep wondering if the “some” in “some years ago” may have been an autocorrect issue. Like whoever sent it was trying to type “nine years ago”, typed it as “nome” (o and m right next to i and n) and it autocorrected to “some”.

The family moved from the old house between nine and ten years ago, correct? Just food for thought.

In reference to the item he is carrying while pulling the bag could have been what was in the bag when he arrived in the area. I do wonder if it was a homeless person.

Jmo

after seeing the video rather than the stills of the perp dragging the duffel bag, I still feel not of large build. I do believe male, was unsure of sex with the stills but video convinces me male. Age still unsure about. Height and build to me, still going with smaller stature to medium height. I don't think overly muscular. The big baggy hoody makes build difficult to determine.

IN catching up with articles, one mentioned the man they were questioning was a former employee who had keys to residence.

I'm curious how a woman from Queen's gets to the Lincoln Center in the city. Does she take a cab, take the subway, ride with friends? (Parking must be a bear. I rarely drove in the city)

And where would she stop for a drink alone? A small bar near her home, a bar in the City?

How do Queen's people, or in this case, a nicely dressed attractive lady get into the city in the evening and how do they get back home? Anyone know?

She posted in a NYC Tips group on Facebook quite regularly and I went back to look and she has posted about the ease and cost effectiveness of using the subway multiple times.

I keep wondering if the “some” in “some years ago” may have been an autocorrect issue. Like whoever sent it was trying to type “nine years ago”, typed it as “nome” (o and m right next to i and n) and it autocorrected to “some”.

The family moved from the old house between nine and ten years ago, correct? Just food for thought.
Very good thought

My guess, which is admittedly just total speculation, is she took a cab if the friends she was going to the show with also lived in the area since they could split the fare. If she was meeting up with them at Lincoln Center, I wouldn't be surprised if she took the subway as a cab from Forest Hills to Lincoln Center would be quite costly, especially if she went to the 7:30PM show which would mean traveling during rush hour (albeit in the opposite direction) so a cab/Uber would be pretty expensive.

Apparently she stopped for a drink at a bar near her home, according to CBS New York (BBM): "Sources close to the case told CBS New York Gaal went to see a show at Lincoln Center with friends on Friday night and later sat alone in a bar near her home, seemingly waiting for someone for 40 minutes before going home alone."

In reference to the item he is carrying while pulling the bag could have been what was in the bag when he arrived in the area. I do wonder if it was a homeless person.

Jmo

I am not sure a homeless person would bother to wheel her body away . They could have left her and disappeared into the city.

Every time I come into the thread today, I'm half expecting to see "arrest" in the title.

Yes, I think this train is about to pull into the station. I just have a feeling an arrest is imminent. I think today may be the day. I am just not sure if the name will be completely new, or one we have heard before. JMO

Last edited:
So now it seems she was killed on the first floor and then moved to the basement. Why move her body to the basement after she was killed? This case is getting more and more confusing.

Murdered Queens mom Orsolya Gaal sat alone at local bar before attack: sources - NY Post (April 19, 10:03AM)
<snipped & BBM>
Upon returning to Queens, Gaal sat alone in a local bar – as if waiting for someone – before returning to her Juno Street home, according to the sources.

Investigators believe Gaal’s killer entered the home and killed her on the first floor, and then took her to the basement, the sources said.

[...]

By Tuesday morning, cops had not made any arrests in Gaal’s slaying, or identified any suspects.

Re “some years ago” - I know lots of immigrants from Central & Eastern Europe who use “some” in this way often. (It always sounds like British phrasing to me & I’ve figured it comes from learning to speak English from a Brit / where the ‘local’ English is British rather than American.)

As OG was an immigrant from Central Europe, maybe she herself used this phrase & it was picked up by people around her who might’ve otherwise not been likely to use it. JMO

So far, though, LE has said very little. A lot of what we think we know is coming from “sources”. Do we believe all of them? Were the Dad and older child definitely away looking at schools? Is the younger child not a POI? Was OG murdered in the basement? Was there a text? Were the 3 individuals that OG was texting with outside of the family unit?

What is really disturbing to me is there was no forced entry. Could the 13 year old have simply forgotten to lock the back door and the killer was able to sneak in that way and hide in the basement? JMO (Thinking of the Jon Benet Ramsey case where speculation was that the killer had hidden in the basement while the family was out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper