GUILTY NY - Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, 14 mos, & Selena, 18, Sodus, 16 May 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't help but wonder if maybe he dropped the kid off in the woods to fend for himself. Maybe animals got poor Owen . I just hope there's evidence to point out the guilty and take em down.

I wonder if there is any chance he's telling the truth?

What if he really did ONLY move her body? What if he doesn't know where Owen is or how Selena died?

I realize it's not the typical newborn/mother scenario but it's not impossible that she was murdered and Owen was abducted.

Being here illegally it isn't unreasonable that he would fear being blamed, even if innocent.

I know odds are slim but I'd hate to miss finding Owen alive because everyone believes he is dead. That's always my big fear with these little ones.

Unless he was put in a dumpster, maybe Selena was too difficult to dump but Owen was easier.

Sadly, I’ve thought of this possibility as well. A smaller body would be less likely to be spotted whether by a garbage collector or a scavenger.

I still cannot discount the possibility of the boyfriend harming little Owen while in his care, perhaps even discarding the body with Selena out of the house. She comes home, cannot find her precious baby, realizes what the boyfriend has done and then he harms her and discards the body at that point.

That would make it more likely that Owen is at a completely different location (e.g., closer to their residence, a garbage can ...) than where Selena was found, IMO.

The fact that the LE has continued to focus on the the farm and surrounding area in looking for Owen makes me think that they have a reason to believe he is near where his mom was found, though.

I just hate that he hasn’t been found after almost two weeks of searching. The longer this goes on, the more difficult it becomes to identify MOD and COD.

It seems to me he would be close by and also in a plastic bag.

I thought that at first too-- that he would be close by if he was murdered with Selena. Now I'm wondering if perhaps Owen was murdered first (or otherwise gotten rid of-- sold? Illegal adoption?) and perhaps Selena was murdered later because she was going to tell the police about whatever happened to Owen. His body could be in a different location due to ease of transport. Or he could be alive and with people who are unaware he is a missing child (I'm still holding that door open in my mind even though police have said they don't expect to find him alive). :(

Please everyone, stop and think.

This man did NOT find a dead body and then haul it off to the woods to bury it. Let's not pretend this happens - ever.

He killed her. And, it is more likely than not that he killed the baby too.

What was he doing in this country? This should never have happened.

Ugh

over-react-smiley.gif

Why is the baby bald now? Was he ill or did they shave his head for fashion choice? Or?

It seems like something the boyfriend may have been involved with, shaving a baby's head, for the coolness factor?

This may have already been said, but it may be cultural, one of my friends shaved all of her children’s hair right around 1.

The Hispanic tradition of shaving the baby’s hair is true and old. Many call it: pelar, rapar, rasurar or afeitar al bebé. It is a tradition widely spread throughout many Hispanic countries. I know for sure in Venezuela, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Spain, Ecuador, and Mexico it is a common practice.

Why do we shave the baby’s hair? According to tradition, the new hair will grow thicker, more evenly, and beautiful.”
Hispanic Traditions Shaving Your Baby’s Head

I am sure it is just killing the officers and searchers to suspend searches right now. It is very emotional for them to do so. And I believe they do have hope.

But they only have so many resources, like time and manpower, and they have many other urgent situations still unfolding.

They need a solid lead they can go look into. But a tiny infant---it's like looking for a needle in a haystack if you do not know where the suspect was disposing of the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barbie182
Back