NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The theory is that the answers lie on Staten Island, that implies that LE thinks his bio-family holds the answers here. That was my take on it.

I got that vibe when I read the quote from the aunt, who quickly dismissed the theory that he was running away to find his mom. Why would she say that? Deflecting, maybe?

But at the same time... petit theft wouldn't require a long jail stay, assuming there isn't more to the story. He was most likely going to be going back home soon, so why would his bio family feel the need to help him run back home, kidnap him and hide him, etc.??

I listened to the theory and yes, it is possible the foster mother in some way assisted this escapade. Having said that, if she was a professional foster mother, meaning she has been taking kids in for 20 years without incident (at least according to the news accounts) I find it unlikely she would jeopardize her cash pipeline for this one child.

I agree here webrocket. That's why I haven't wanted to say much. But the 3 or 4 different versions we have heard about the trip to the disposal chute sure makes a person go :waitasec: Losing a child while taking out the trash is highly suspicious in my mind.

I'm praying that he did run to his biomom and she is hiding him. Maybe that is why she has not been in front of the camera's begging for his return? I hope he is safe and warm.

Salem

But at the same time... petit theft wouldn't require a long jail stay, assuming there isn't more to the story. He was most likely going to be going back home soon, so why would his bio family feel the need to help him run back home, kidnap him and hide him, etc.??

I doubt he would have been going home soon, once a kid's in the system, they're usually there at least a year or more. It would be really dumb on the Mom's part to hide him as it would most likely cause her to lose custody of both children permanently.

It is really dumb of the mother to be involved with something like this. She is going to jail for petty larceny and the fact the kid was going to foster care implies to me that she had no family that was ready, willing and able to take care of Patrick. So what would "kidnapping" him do for her when she can't be around to care for him?

The theory as it played out was that people in Starrett City could not understand how a child runs away while in the company of an adult taking out the trash; hence my take that the neighbors felt that the foster mother must have been involved.

i wish nancy would do a segment on patrick.

everybody misses you patrick, please come home soon!

Community Aids In Search For Missing Brooklyn Boy

The search continues in Brooklyn for a seven-year-old child who disappeared five days ago.

Community leaders, including City Councilman Charles Barron, were in East New York today handing out flyers – hoping someone has information about Patrick Alford's whereabouts.

[snip]

"We're out here today appealing to our community,” said Barron. “We've had success with this in the past we've been able to find missing persons when our community really gets up and gets in arms and goes out there and gets all the information. So we're appealing to our community this morning; let's do it again, let's find Patrick."

More: http://www.ny1.com/7-brooklyn-news-...unity-aids-in-search-for-missing-brooklyn-boy

Video at link.

It is really dumb of the mother to be involved with something like this. She is going to jail for petty larceny and the fact the kid was going to foster care implies to me that she had no family that was ready, willing and able to take care of Patrick. So what would "kidnapping" him do for her when she can't be around to care for him?

The theory as it played out was that people in Starrett City could not understand how a child runs away while in the company of an adult taking out the trash; hence my take that the neighbors felt that the foster mother must have been involved.

Oh, okay...sorry, I was pointing out the theory the reported mentioned at the very end of the video. The reporter said "There are some people at with more experience at this than the rest of us (implies LE here), that have a theory, a theory that the answers may come from Staten Island and those that know the boy best, those that raised him. And maybe if a call is made now, rather than later, maybe this might go down better for everyone. But that's just a theory."

I agree the neighbors and the relatives all find the story that he disappeared while taking out the garbage, incredulous.

Another from yesterday with more info.

Cops Search Area Near Swamp For Missing Boy

Patrick Alford apparently walked away from his foster mother on Friday night in Brooklyn and he hasn't been seen since. Police initially thought he may have gone off to find his foster mother, but late Monday night darker possibilities came to the forefront as police began a large-scale search in the vicinity of a nearby swamp.

[snip]

The foster mother's apartment is at the end of the hall and the trash compactor -- or at least the chute to it -- is something any New Yorker who's been in a hi-rise would recognize. The trash goes in and heads on down to the basement. The woman said she headed back to her apartment and noticed the boy was no longer with her when she got there. There is a door to a stairwell nearby, but the neighbors think the whole thing is very odd.

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/missing.child.patrick.2.1448546.html

BBM HUH? possible error?
As far as the rest I'm not buying that the foster mother is walking down the hallway to a trash chute with a 7 year old. Turn around and go back to her apartment and notice the boy is no longer with her? What did she do? Did she call his name? Did she run around looking for him?? I am with the neighbors on this. I have a 7 year old son. There is no way my son would even think about running away. I mean your talking 7 years old. No where to go, no money to get there, and can really barely take care of themselves. I still have to pour koolaid in a cup for my 7 yr old, I mean this is 1st grade. I don't buy any of this.
Let's say the boy has been whining, crying, acting up in this situation because he did want his mother. What if this foster mother was at her wits end with him, freaked.... took him to the chute and put him in it... Then could possibly take him off after hours to the swamp that they are investigating... I only weigh 115 lbs and I can still carry my 7 yr old.. he's heavy but can manage if I need to so I can get him in bed etc..
I'm just not buying that she lost this kid in a hallway.
I mean in walmart for 2 seconds if I didn't hear austin i'm asking his older brother where is austin.. he says behind you mom.. i mean that's walmart.. we are talking about a hallway that i'm sure echoes with every door closed.. every breath taken. i'm just not buying this foster mother story one bit. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.

What is really strange to me is how dogs tracked the boy's scent to the Belt Parkway then they found the boy's scent in an area of Staten Island where he did not live. Now police are now searching a swamp in Brooklyn near Starrett City near the foster mother's apt.

Maybe we put too much stock in scent dogs?

BBM HUH? possible error?
As far as the rest I'm not buying that the foster mother is walking down the hallway to a trash chute with a 7 year old. Turn around and go back to her apartment and notice the boy is no longer with her? What did she do? Did she call his name? Did she run around looking for him?? I am with the neighbors on this. I have a 7 year old son. There is no way my son would even think about running away. I mean your talking 7 years old. No where to go, no money to get there, and can really barely take care of themselves. I still have to pour koolaid in a cup for my 7 yr old, I mean this is 1st grade. I don't buy any of this.
Obviously I don't know this child. But I live in Brooklyn with a 7 year old. And I can tell you many 7 year olds around here are pretty street savvy. They are city kids. There are several kids in my neighborhood that run around alone regularly at 7, and this is not uncommon in this area. I don't know how they could last without help, but they have no problem navigating the streets, hopping buses and trains and getting places alone.

My son can navigate his typical routes well (but I don't let him do it alone). He can pour his own drink. Point being all 7 year olds are different. We can only hope Patrick is street savvy, and he knew where he was going and went there.

Let's say the boy has been whining, crying, acting up in this situation because he did want his mother. What if this foster mother was at her wits end with him, freaked.... took him to the chute and put him in it... Then could possibly take him off after hours to the swamp that they are investigating... I only weigh 115 lbs and I can still carry my 7 yr old.. he's heavy but can manage if I need to so I can get him in bed etc..
I'm just not buying that she lost this kid in a hallway.
I mean in walmart for 2 seconds if I didn't hear austin i'm asking his older brother where is austin.. he says behind you mom.. i mean that's walmart.. we are talking about a hallway that i'm sure echoes with every door closed.. every breath taken. i'm just not buying this foster mother story one bit. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.

Also, these are generally trash chutes that have a similar mechanism to a post office box. Generally speaking, there is no way to put a child down the chute unless the body has been dismembered. And I'd think the first place they'd check is the trash room given her story about seeing him last with the trash.

It's not that I don't think it's highly suspicious (because I do), just that both are reasonable possibilities and to consider all of them. Even though this woman SHOULD have been watching this child the whole time does not mean she was. The trash could be a story to cover her neglect oversight. That's a possibility.

I just hope that this child is with his family.

What is really strange to me is how dogs tracked the boy's scent to the Belt Parkway then they found the boy's scent in an area of Staten Island where he did not live. Now police are now searching a swamp in Brooklyn near Starrett City near the foster mother's apt.

Maybe we put too much stock in scent dogs?

I'm not sure what to think about the Belt Way scenting, but my understanding is that the area searched in Staten Island belonged to a friend of the family and it is quite possible the boy's scent was lingering there from earlier visits. The visit would have had to of been at least 3 weeks ago - so I don't know?

Salem

The biological mother of a 7-year-old who vanished from his foster home last week has been jailed by a judge who insists she's hiding the child.

(snip)
ACS officials and Staten Island Family Court Judge Terrence McElrath - citing Rodriguez's statements to case workers and court officers - insist that Rodriguez knows where Patrick is.
McElrath sent her to Rikers Island on Tuesday - and said yesterday he's keeping her there on contempt charges until the boy turns up.
"Did she comply with order to produce the child? No," McElrath said.
Being led out of the court, Rodriguez blurted out to reporters, "Get me out of here - call my aunt, she has him, she knows where he is."
The aunt, Blanca Toledo, 51, told the Daily News from her Brooklyn home last night that she doesn't have the boy - and has already told that to cops multiple times.
"My niece and I have a love and hate relationship," she said through tears. "I guess she has nothing else to say."
."Toledo, who cared for Patrick before he was put in foster care, said the family is furious at her because she told ACS about attempts Rodriguez allegedly made to "kidnap" the boy.
Cops also interviewed a relative in Baltimore based on a tip - but he wasn't there, police said.
Patrick was last seen with his foster mother, Librada Moran, 58, in the lobby of the Spring Creek Development at 9p.m. Friday, police said.

The biological mother of a 7-year-old who vanished from his foster home last week has been jailed by a judge who insists she's hiding the child.

(snip)
ACS officials and Staten Island Family Court Judge Terrence McElrath - citing Rodriguez's statements to case workers and court officers - insist that Rodriguez knows where Patrick is.
McElrath sent her to Rikers Island on Tuesday - and said yesterday he's keeping her there on contempt charges until the boy turns up.
"Did she comply with order to produce the child? No," McElrath said.
Being led out of the court, Rodriguez blurted out to reporters, "Get me out of here - call my aunt, she has him, she knows where he is."
The aunt, Blanca Toledo, 51, told the Daily News from her Brooklyn home last night that she doesn't have the boy - and has already told that to cops multiple times.
"My niece and I have a love and hate relationship," she said through tears. "I guess she has nothing else to say."
."Toledo, who cared for Patrick before he was put in foster care, said the family is furious at her because she told ACS about attempts Rodriguez allegedly made to "kidnap" the boy.
Cops also interviewed a relative in Baltimore based on a tip - but he wasn't there, police said.
Patrick was last seen with his foster mother, Librada Moran, 58, in the lobby of the Spring Creek Development at 9p.m. Friday, police said.

Certainly adds a few wrinkles to this. Hopefully it means Patrick is safe somewhere or at least safe from predators. If with family it would mean that he is not in school where he belongs.

I just read the article myself in the Daily News. Someone mentioned the kids in the area that play and navigate around brooklyn, true, we all have done it as kids but these kids know they're way around because they grew up here, they've been here long enough to know directions and places and such. Someone also mentioned the possibilty of the foster mom putting Patrick in the trash chute....had that happened, maintenence would have never missed it, all the garbage goes to the 1st floor, not basement, top open and garbage is stored in that big room for a few days til sanitation comes and collects so the stench would have been unbearable for maintenence and residents together as residents walk past that garbage room to get to the laundry room, etc.

Residents in starrett do find it odd how the story plays out with the foster mom but neighbors of A5 admit that the foster mom is a good lady, known by the neighbors, seeing the kids throughout the yrs, and also agree that the biological family is just becoming more suspicious.

The swamp that is being mentioned in starrett city is the creek alongside louisiana avenue along the same path patrick would have taken if he walked to the belt parkway. That creek is pretty cool during the day, preschool kids on field trips, small wildlife, senior couples taking a stroll, but at night you don't want to be in there, and its has its own history of dumpings, crime, drugs, etc.

I pray that's not the case since LE is investigating there too. But its looking like the biological family knows more than they're telling.

I have considered it odd that a long time foster mother would all of a sudden do a 180 and participate in some scheme to reunite the child with his biological family. Possible, of course. likely? not in my book.

'Missing' kid's ma is jailed

Foster-home fight

By IKIMULISA LIVINGSTON, KIRSTEN FLEMING and LEONARD GREENE
Last Updated: 10:35 AM, January 29, 2010
Posted: 4:06 AM, January 29, 2010

A Family Court judge is convinced a Staten Island woman knows the whereabouts of her missing 7-year-old son -- and is keeping her in jail until she delivers some details.
The judge meanwhile, sent the mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, to Rikers Island -- even though Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said investigators don't believe she's involved in the boy's disappearance.

"I have the authority to hold her pending compliance with the court's order," said Judge Terrence McElrath.

During a hearing yesterday, a court officer testified he heard Rodriguez tell a relative during a previous hearing that another relative has the boy.

"Blanca's got him," she said, according to the officer.

Later, an Administration for Children's Services caseworker testified that Rodriguez's aunt, Blanca Toledo, passed her a note during a supervised visit with Patrick and his little sister, Jaleen, that said Rodriguez was planning to abduct the children.

"Watch them," the yellow Post-it note read. "Mommy trying to take them. Caution."

The caseworker said she was so worried about the children that she sneaked them and the foster mother out a back entrance after the Jan. 8 visit with Rodriguez and Toledo.

The children were removed from Rodriguez's home because of a neglect charge, according to the caseworker. Even so, the boy has talked of little else but returning to his mother, according to someone close to the foster mom.

more here

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/missing_kid_ma_is_jailed_TurnHTzGRxrwULgrQByl8L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971