NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He can't have been gone long enough to need an age-progression. :cry:
WHERE IS PATRICK?!?

NCMC1139843e1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

While national attention focuses on the disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz in SoHo more than 30 years ago, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly today made a rare personal appeal to New Yorkers to also come forward if they have any information about a 7-year-old boy missing in Brooklyn.

I am not familiar with NYC. How far away was Patricks apt. in Brooklyn from this basement in Soho? Would this handyman have any reason to be in Brooklyn I wonder?

I am not familiar with NYC. How far away was Patricks apt. in Brooklyn from this basement in Soho? Would this handyman have any reason to be in Brooklyn I wonder?

127 Prince St. (where this basement is) is visible from Etan's residence.

From this location to Patrick's apartment complex is about 10 miles.

The man originally believed to be responsible for Etan's disappearance (Jose Ramos) has been in prison in PA since about 2003. (However, he's scheduled to be released toward the end of this year.)

The handyman and newest suspect, Othniel Miller, is now 75. He currently lives in Brooklyn (where Patrick disappeared from).

I'm not sure if I see a 70+ year old grabbing Patrick. And if the info from whitepages is correct, his residence is about 5 miles from Patrick's. But you never know, I suppose.

Winding, lengthy investigation in case of Etan Patz; investigators continue digging in NYC

The investigation into the disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz is a rollercoaster that has stretched through decades and countries, from basements to rooftops and seemingly everywhere in between.

More: http://www.news1130.com/news/world/...an-patz-investigators-continue-digging-in-nyc

NYPD spokesperson Paul Browne holds a photo of Patrick Alford, who is currently missing, in an attempt to call attention to the case while speaking to reporters outside a building on the corner of Wooster Street and Prince Street in the Manhattan borough of New York on Friday, April 20, 2012 during a renewed investigation into the 1979 disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz. Patz vanished after leaving his family’s home for a short walk to his school bus stop. NYPD spokesperson Paul Browne says the building being searched for his remains is about a block from where the family lived. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

127 Prince St. (where this basement is) is visible from Etan's residence.

From this location to Patrick's apartment complex is about 10 miles.

The man originally believed to be responsible for Etan's disappearance (Jose Ramos) has been in prison in PA since about 2003. (However, he's scheduled to be released toward the end of this year.)

The handyman and newest suspect, Othniel Miller, is now 75. He currently lives in Brooklyn (where Patrick disappeared from).

I'm not sure if I see a 70+ year old grabbing Patrick. And if the info from whitepages is correct, his residence is about 5 miles from Patrick's. But you never know, I suppose.

BBM If it is the guy who grabbed Etan 30 years ago, I doubt that age would stop him from snatching another child. Most SO's, especially those who get away with it once, perhaps more than once, are capable of repeating their crime. I know of an 80-plus-year-old man who fondles women and teenage girls, and everyone around him is too afraid of him to intervene. So, it's very possible. SO's, IMO, are never cured.

I wonder if Mr. Miller has an alibi for January 22, 2010 at 9:00 P.M.?

BBM If it is the guy who grabbed Etan 30 years ago, I doubt that age would stop him from snatching another child. Most SO's, especially those who get away with it once, perhaps more than once, are capable of repeating their crime. I know of an 80-plus-year-old man who fondles women and teenage girls, and everyone around him is too afraid of him to intervene. So, it's very possible. SO's, IMO, are never cured.

I wonder if Mr. Miller has an alibi for January 22, 2010 at 9:00 P.M.?

True... Nobody should be excluded because of age.

*sigh* Where is Patrick? :(

Etan Patz Case Renews Interest In Brooklyn Boy's 2010 Disappearance

Police are hoping renewed interest in the Etan Patz disappearance will shed new light on a more recent case.

Seven-year-old Patrick Alford went missing from his foster home in Brooklyn's Starrett City in January 2010.

[snip]

"There's been an intensive effort from that evening on to find him, and that has not yielded results in terms of locating him," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne. "So frankly we are exploiting the opportunity in this case to ask the media to pay some attention to a more recent one."

More: http://brooklyn.ny1.com/content/top...interest-in-brooklyn-boy-s-2010-disappearance

I learned about little Patrick last night while watching AMW - and I knew that I could come here and get much more detailed information. Thanks Websleuthers! What a perplexing case - he just seems to have completely vanished. Such a beautiful child.

Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved

[snip]

Since 1979 — the year the disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz rocked New York City — there have been 15 children under the age of 12 who have gone missing under mysterious circumstances in the city and have never been found, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

[snip]

Patrick Kennedy Alford, 7, went missing after taking the trash out from his foster home in East New York on Jan. 22, 2010. He never came back inside.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...child-cases-nyc-remain-unsolved#ixzz1v6tM8Qc7

image640x480.jpg

This is the first i have seen this one!
I only read the first post!

I am suspicious of the foster mom!
I dont think a 7 yr old would run away,
And for foster mom to say he disappeared while taking out the trash leads me to believe maybe they needed to check the landfills way back when he went missing!

jmo

Yeah... I never understood why she wasn't put under the same scrutiny as Patrick's bio-mom. Usually the last person to see a child is investigated the most. But I think they had tunnel vision early on, and lost sight of anything else than "bio-mom has him". Unfortunate for Patrick. :(

Yeah... I never understood why she wasn't put under the same scrutiny as Patrick's bio-mom. Usually the last person to see a child is investigated the most. But I think they had tunnel vision early on, and lost sight of anything else than "bio-mom has him". Unfortunate for Patrick. :(

There was a reason Patrick wanted to run away and it wasnt bio mom!
LE needs to go back tot he beginning and start all over.....
They need new eyes in the case.

And i agree always focus on the last person to be seen or to see a person before they die or go missing.
I do think most missing persons out there are dead unfortunately and the ppl responsible always say they were taken or ran off and they get away with murder!

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back