NY NY- Patterson, human remains found during excavation work @ house build, Female, White, 16-28, extensive dental work, deceased 10 yrs+, 16/4/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
rbbm
''While State Police did not release additional information, reliable local law enforcement sources reported at the time “Ramsey was not even reported missing while her husband’s first wife died mysteriously.”

Hicks asked anyone with information to contact the State Police Troop K headquarters at 845-677-7300.

The police spokesman said the “investigation remains ongoing and will be updated as new information becomes available.”

If this is correct and she had a daughter, I wonder what was thought by her family. With a baby/child would she have just taken off? No one seemed to have been looking for her. I wonder if we will hear from her family.

Someone must have been pretty sure that she would not resurface and try to re-enter her family. The divorce was filed fairly quickly. Summons is for September 4, 1980. and posted May 9, 1980.

From Mystery surrounds skeletal remains found in Patterson - Mid Hudson News :State Police have identified the skeletal remains found during excavation work last month at the property of a new home built at the Patterson-Southeast town line as those of Karen Ramsey whose maiden name was Angelillo.

Ramsey was a resident of Southeast who disappeared without a trace in May 1980.

Last edited:
If this is correct and she had a daughter, I wonder what was thought by her family. With a baby/child would she have just taken off? No one seemed to have been looking for her. I wonder if we will hear from her family.

Someone must have been pretty sure that she would not resurface and try to re-enter her family. The divorce was filed fairly quickly.
And obviously she did not just take off.

Authorities are still trying to determine the cause of death for Karen Ramsey. The remains were found April 16 where a new home is planned near Ice Pond Road and Tommy Thurber Lane.

Ramsey, whose maiden name was Angelillo, disappeared in May 1980.

Shortly after the discovery was publicized, state police reported that the remains were not those of Robin Murphy, a 17-year-old Carmel teenager who went missing in 1995, as was widely speculated.

If his middle initial was M., and he did indeed have a daughter named Jennifer, it's fairly easy to find a corresponding obituary. And if that obit is his, he had a third wife a year after Karen disappeared.

Holly Stream Ct in Brewster looks to be 15 mins from the site Karen was found. I wonder if her husband worked or knew knew of construction in the area in the 80s. Tommy Thurber would be even more woodsy than it is now.

I'm guessing the initial positive ID was from her dentals. With the extensive work that's been mentioned, she'd be a forensic odontologist's ideal case.

Remains have been identified as Karen Angelillo Ramsey (25) who went missing in May of 1980 from the town of Southeast, NY.

View attachment 508622

June 6, 2024

According to New York State Police Trooper AJ Hicks, the remains of Karen Angelillo Ramsey, age 25, were found in Putnam County in the town of Patterson on April 16 during excavation work at the property of a new home.

I would love to hear the genealogy/DNA research that lead to her identification - I find that so interesting!

Rest in peace, Karen.

jmo

It is always the same pattern. Mary Margaret Cook, Patricia Otto, Patricia McGlone, Karen Ramsey and so so many more.
Man marries very young woman. Gets her pregnant quickly, tying her to the home. Often pulls her out of school. When she turns out not to be as obedient as he thought, he murders her. Later claims she ran away. Files for divorce in absentia, knowing she cannot come back and object.
Evil.

I find especially disgusting that Karens husband claimed in the divorce file he was cruelly abused and neglected by his wife. Yeah. Of. Course.

I did a deep dive on the property cards and the condo referenced in the divorce notice was purchased by John and Karen Ramsey in October of 1977 (That was when that condo complex was first built so they were the first owners.) A side note: the petition mentions the residence was in Westchester, it's not. It's in the Town of Southeast in Putnam County but is very close to the Westchester County line. According to the property records, the condo was sold to a new owner in September of 1981.

Whoa..not sure if it is smart to post, but the obit has animated photos of JR. One of them shows him with an adult daughter, who is the spitting image of Karen. Could be the daughter from the 1981 marriage but i doubt it, she looks exactly like Karen. Even the eyebrows are the same. Whoa.

I feel deeply for the daughter, she will have a lot to unpack now..i wish her strength. At least she can find solace in the fact that her mom never left her.

Original media reports stated that Karen’s husband had been married before and his first wife had died mysteriously. However, she has since been located alive and well in Florida.

June 12, 2024

State Police reported Tuesday that investigators had located the first wife who is “alive and well in Florida, assisting us with information.”

Police say Karen Ramsey disappeared in 1980. Her signature appears on a real estate document from 1981.​

Obviously, the husband is suspect #1. But I could play devil's advocate and say the husband got another woman -- maybe his new fiancée -- to pretend to be Karen because he wanted to sell the condo and didn't know where Karen was. However, you need identification to show a notary public, so why did the husband still have Karen's ID if she had left the home with no intention of returning?

His innocence requires a few leaps of faith. For one, Karen would had to have left him and then been murdered by someone else shortly after, because she wasn't known to be missing earlier than when he filed for divorce due to "abandonment" on May 9. However, if she left personal items like an ID behind, why would the husband assume she abandoned him instead of having gone missing?

Another confounding aspect of this is that there's no evidence her family reported her missing or attempted to find her. Again playing devil's advocate, had she become a drug addict? Had she exhibited reckless behavior to the point that no friends or family found it odd she would disappear? And had she gotten caught up with drug dealers right after leaving her husband and daughter and thus met her fate then? Regardless of whether the husband or someone else did it, there's a reason why no one seemed to question her disappearance.

The other question is how her body was transported in a block of concrete. The block would had to have been the size of a bathtub. That's about 2,000 pounds according to my research. Did the husband work in construction or have access to something that could lift and transport such a heavy load?

Police say Karen Ramsey disappeared in 1980. Her signature appears on a real estate document from 1981.​

Obviously, the husband is suspect #1. But I could play devil's advocate and say the husband got another woman -- maybe his new fiancée -- to pretend to be Karen because he wanted to sell the condo and didn't know where Karen was. However, you need identification to show a notary public, so why did the husband still have Karen's ID if she had left the home with no intention of returning?

His innocence requires a few leaps of faith. For one, Karen would had to have left him and then been murdered by someone else shortly after, because she wasn't known to be missing earlier than when he filed for divorce due to "abandonment" on May 9. However, if she left personal items like an ID behind, why would the husband assume she abandoned him instead of having gone missing?

Another confounding aspect of this is that there's no evidence her family reported her missing or attempted to find her. Again playing devil's advocate, had she become a drug addict? Had she exhibited reckless behavior to the point that no friends or family found it odd she would disappear? And had she gotten caught up with drug dealers right after leaving her husband and daughter and thus met her fate then? Regardless of whether the husband or someone else did it, there's a reason why no one seemed to question her disappearance.

The other question is how her body was transported in a block of concrete. The block would had to have been the size of a bathtub. That's about 2,000 pounds according to my research. Did the husband work in construction or have access to something that could lift and transport such a heavy load?

It is so easy to fake someones signature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back