Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NYSP, Hamilton County Sheriff: Rachael Mattice arrested
By WRGB Staff Saturday, July 23rd 2016

UPDATE: Wells resident Rachael Mattice, 24, is charged with misdemeanor falsely reporting an incident.

More:
http://cbs6albany.com/news/local/la...vestigation-of-rachael-mattices-disappearance

Rachael Mattice arrested, charged with falsely reporting an incident

LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) – New York State Police say the case against Rachael Mattice has been closed following her arrest.

Police say Mattice voluntarily surrendered to police on Friday. She is being charged with falsely reporting an incident.

She was processed and released on a ticket to appear in Mayfield court on August 9.

“Nothing Mattice said happened. It’s all made up.”

More:
http://news10.com/2016/07/23/police...-disappearance-and-return-of-rachael-mattice/

Glad they were able to prove what we all suspected. Her family must be so freaking proud : (. Smh

This angers me. I realize she may have addiction issues but still. All the others that are missing and have families pleading for their return without much media attention as they may have had mental or addiction disorders. I wish everyone was able to get the same attention. Sad she had to do this to herself, family and community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocker. Wonder where she was.

I also would like to know where she was. I would venture to guess that she was not alone and that leaves me with the question of whether or not whoever was harboring her can also get in trouble?

Dang. Doesn't she look different.

rachael-mattice.png

I guess they got tired of running the All American girl next door pictures that they chosed throughout the case. Hmmmm

Her mug shot shows a wild eyed person! Much different from the beautiful missing girl pictures.

Glad the police arrested her and did not let her get by with it. Her disappearing act is not one anyone takes lightly. Wonder what her punishment will be?.

Her mug shot shows a wild eyed person! Much different from the beautiful missing girl pictures.

Glad the police arrested her and did not let her get by with it. Her disappearing act is not one anyone takes lightly. Wonder what her punishment will be?.

100% agreed.. And she got written a citation to appear in court in August, JMO but it'll basically be nothing but a fee which her parents will probably pay for and she'll go on with her life.. Probably acting out in the same way for the rest of her life and always just getting a slap on the wrist... SMH.. This girl will not suffer any real consequences..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much of the same, but BBM is new:

Mattice was back home a couple weeks later, after she was dropped off a block away from her mother's home in Johnstown. Mattice told authorities she was abducted and held against her will, in a shed.

Troopers say on July 18, a witness stepped forward and claimed he drove Mattice to a camp owned by her boyfriend's relative. When the details did not match Mattice's story, she voluntarily surrendered herself for arrest. State Police say she answered their questions but gave no further information.

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/capital-...y-reporting-an-incident-hamilton-county-.html

Rachael Mattice makes an absolute mockery of the young women who are kidnapped and murdered every single day in America. She ought to be ASHAMED of herself. Rachael, when you read the story of Sierah Joughin or Chelsea Bruck, what do you feel???

Rachael does need to be ashamed for continuing to perpetuate this lie for so long. But Rachael isn't the only one I take issue with. Who is this witness who gave her a ride? Why did he wait until July 18 to come forward? As far as I'm concerned he should've come forward the very moment he found out she was reported missing. I'm not saying he shouldn't have given her a ride -- we can't hold him accountable for that because she is an adult and can choose to go wherever at her own will. And what about her boyfriend's relative who lives at another campground? Was she staying there alone or was her boyfriend and his relative aware? I hope everyone involved is held liable.

With regard to the people saying it's a good thing no one fitting the description of the sketch was arrested...I don't think LE was taking this sketch very seriously to begin with. For starters, they said that there was no manhunt and the public was not in danger. Very telling, IMO.

I don't believe Rachael imagined this would turn into this whole thing. I'm in no way defending her actions, but I do think it's possible she planned to only be gone a short time (don't ask to me explain leaving any doors opens & car running [do we even have confirmation this is true?]) and assumed no one would notice she was gone. If she was under the influence of drugs it's probable she wasn't thinking clearly to begin with and didn't completely comprehend the outcome of her actions.

Then I think what happened was she learned of the large-scale search for her and was truthfully afraid to come home to face the repercussions. This is probably why she came up with the elaborate story as far as what she went through.

The news media has stated that LE considers this case closed now. I think it's highly probable that this thread will be shut down soon. I hope it is kept open because she does still have to go to court for this and it'll be interesting to see the outcome and whether anyone else is charged. If indeed the thread is shut down I just want to put this out there though:

This is the outcome we wish and hope for in so many cases. How many of you follow missing persons cases here and you wish they had just decided to up and leave on their own volition? I would love to hear that Brittanee Drexel left on her own and is alive somewhere, but at this point we all know that's not going to be the case. But it was Rachael's case and I'm grateful she is home. I'm glad she didn't have to go through an abduction, I'm glad she wasn't raped & abused, I'm glad she wasn't murdered, and I'm glad she didn't commit suicide. This sounds like the best case scenario as far as I can tell. I just hope she gets the help she needs so that she doesn't do anything like this to her friends and family again. And I do hope she faces the consequences.

What a selfish *****, seriously every bloody day so many folk out there missing and in real danger and shes off out there taking the utter pi$$!! I hope they throw the book at her

What a sad twist, that she made the abduction story up. Why did she feel the need to do this? What a pity. I hope she gets the help she needs to straighten herself out to head onto a positive path for the rest of her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back