NY NY - Reginald "Reggie" Vardon, 83, known to frequent Auburn Trail, seen leaving his apt on East Victor St, Victor, 15 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1721645009748.png

VICTOR — Law enforcement is looking for a town resident last seen leaving his East Victor Road apartment July 15.

Reginald Vardon, 83, was last seen Monday (July 15) leaving the Autumn Grove Apartments on East Victor Road. He is described as 5’1″ and may be wearing a black jacket.

Police say Vardon is known to frequent the Auburn Trail. A search was conducted on the trail Friday night that yielded negative results.

1721645481132.png

Police now know that Reginald Vardon was spotted on State Route 96 in the village of Victor at around 12:20 on the afternoon of the 15th. He was wearing an orange long-sleeve shirt, black pants, white baseball hat, and had a teal or blue colored backpack.

Screenshot-2024-07-24-at-09-38-32-Mail-Lucas-Day-Mail-Basic.png

New photo of Mr. Vardon released (Ontario County Sheriff’s Office)

[...]

Vardon was last seen on Monday, July 15, at the ESL branch on School Street in Victor. Security footage shows him walking inside the branch to chat with employees. He was reported missing two days later.

[...]

Vardon lives down the road at Autumn Grove Apartments. The apartment manager noticed no one had seen or heard from him. Police say that Vardon doesn’t drive or have any known associates outside of Autumn Grove. His bike was also left in his apartment.

The investigation led police last night to the city of Rochester, by Monroe Avenue. Foul play has been ruled out, but police say that Vardon may be suffering some cognitive decline due to his age. ...

[...]

[...]

Vardon was last seen on Monday, July 15, at the ESL branch on School Street in Victor. Security footage shows him walking inside the branch to chat with employees. He was reported missing two days later.

[...]

Vardon lives down the road at Autumn Grove Apartments. The apartment manager noticed no one had seen or heard from him. Police say that Vardon doesn’t drive or have any known associates outside of Autumn Grove. His bike was also left in his apartment.

The investigation led police last night to the city of Rochester, by Monroe Avenue. Foul play has been ruled out, but police say that Vardon may be suffering some cognitive decline due to his age. ...

[...]
I didn't see how they can rule out foul play if they have no idea what happened. Also, was he but seen leaving the branch?
MOO

I didn't see how they can rule out foul play if they have no idea what happened. Also, was he but seen leaving the branch?
MOO
Well, that's a good question, but unfortunately they don't mention him exiting the building.

I also wonder where the heavy black coat went that he was seen wearing when he left the apartment. The backpack doesn't look full enough to me to have a coat in it. ? MOO

Sounds like his phone was disconnected.

JUL 25, 2024
Vardon lives at Autumn Grove Apartments, which is a senior residential community. A manager there first reported him missing. His daughter says he has some cognitive decline. She spoke with News10NBC on Thursday afternoon.

“There’s been a lot of leads, but unfortunately nothing panned out as of yet. We got very hopeful yesterday. He had it disconnected and someone else had gotten his phone number,” Vardon’s daughter said.

Well, that's a good question, but unfortunately they don't mention him exiting the building.

I also wonder where the heavy black coat went that he was seen wearing when he left the apartment. The backpack doesn't look full enough to me to have a coat in it. ? MOO
Good point about the coat. I agree that the backpack doesn't look like it has anything that bulky in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back