NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see anything so odd about never spending a night away. If he doesn't have to travel for business, and isn't interested in hunting weekends or going away with the guys - or his circle just doesn't go away without spouses/family - it makes sense to me.

I really don't see anything so odd about never spending a night away. If he doesn't have to travel for business, and isn't interested in hunting weekends or going away with the guys - or his circle just doesn't go away without spouses/family - it makes sense to me.

Hey that's fine if you think its normal but I don't, sorry guess we have to agree to disagree on this one!

Clemenza---post 537---suicide is not a scenario that we posited alot here---to me personally--its a scary scenario but we should not shy away from it. And my gosh-- I am so sorry for the losses to suicide that you have experienced.

Eileen----PTSD, a bad sleeper/restless sleeper, incontinence----things roll around in my head-----also some people like their own "stuff"-pillows, sheets, familiarity

Vedder--- I guess the comment comes lumped in the "RM never did this, went there...." and car shows up at train station, he misses his son's concert and so forth.

I think my issue is that info and facts are so limited and the precious little we have and have heard is refuted or found to be untrue. Not accusing anyone but IMO a "scene" is trying to be created that is not actual.

Here is another fast thought---"THE CAR"----is the reason it has not been turned over to IM b/c it is being used to maintain RM's scent?? Its the last place he is thought to be--well that is tanglible---is that possible????

I wonder if he ever went out for beers with the guys Friday afternoons ....after work/
Was he invited places with them?
Drinking buddies,,, maybe they would know something? These guys are like family to one another if anyone would know these guys would right?

Here is another fast thought---"THE CAR"----is the reason it has not been turned over to IM b/c it is being used to maintain RM's scent?? Its the last place he is thought to be--well that is tanglible---is that possible????

No LOL!

I wonder if he ever went out for beers with the guys Friday afternoons ....after work/
Was he invited places with them?
Drinking buddies,,, maybe they would know something? These guys are like family to one another if anyone would know these guys would right?

thats a good question---where are they???? lol They are not talking, not showing their faces that I can see.

I guess what I asking is-----What is his "other" life? The work guy who gets his breakfast at the bagel deli, buys gas at the local gas station, participates in the brotherhood of his union, participates in his community----things outside his home.

thats a good question---where are they???? lol They are not talking, not showing their faces that I can see.

I guess what I asking is-----What is his "other" life? The work guy who gets his breakfast at the bagel deli, buys gas at the local gas station, participates in the brotherhood of his union, participates in his community----things outside his home.

Exactly one would think these guys would know a lot about Robert!

IMO guys talk to each other! they complain, they let off stream, they talk about their families ,,,,their vacations. etc etc

IMO guys talk to each other! they complain, they let off stream, they talk about their families ,,,,their vacations. etc etc

Yes--lol--- men can be gossips and "chatty kathys"--I am thinking of a Roseanne episode (lol) but they do talk. Its not always about sports, work etc.

I agree! But you have to go back and look at the entire pic.
The troubles of the past.....Have they begun to catch up with him.
We don't know if the past has anything to do with whats going on now do we?
I think you start there and move forward! Rule everything out.
For him to go to the scrap yard with a minimal amount to scrap screams to me money troubles.

I am thinking suicide also sadly!
It kind of makes sense.

Money problems are always a possibility. The latest photo of the family in front of Del Friscos the week before he disappeared doesn't indicate that. Believe me, they left a kidney there for that meal.

Hey that's fine if you think its normal but I don't, sorry guess we have to agree to disagree on this one!

I

I am sorry but I have never known a man who has wanted to spend a night away. And my husband has never done it. Sure he will spend a day playing golf with his buddies but he has never stopped after work for a drink with the guys or spent a night a way. Maybe a generational thing? I remember the one time I had to for work reasons, he hated it and surprised me with a candlelight dinner via room service and video skype call. I really dont think it is as unusual as one might think. All my friends but one say the. Same thing when I asked them because of this case. It has nothing to do with a "short leash" as many of them laughed and said "I wish he would once in a while so I could hog the whole bed!"

I know we are all entitled to our own opinions, I just thought I would mention because every marriage is different and it seems the norm for men RM's age.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

IMHO, I was always under the impression the search page was forced on IM. The way it took off and ideas started rolling in. To this day, while she is kind and appreciative in her posts, there is a reserve about her involvement.

Clemenza---post 537---suicide is not a scenario that we posited alot here---to me personally--its a scary scenario but we should not shy away from it. And my gosh-- I am so sorry for the losses to suicide that you have experienced.

Eileen----PTSD, a bad sleeper/restless sleeper, incontinence----things roll around in my head-----also some people like their own "stuff"-pillows, sheets, familiarity

Thanks for your comment.

Here goes my final speculation...

IM and RM colluded to make it seem like he met with foul play. The concert, the airline tickets, and Father's Day all served to divert attention from this being the case, posited as reasons why this would not be the case.

The call at 9:00 was long because it was to be the last call for a while. The 2:50 sighting of the car was either IM driving it to the station, "for it to be found later" or was a last minute rendezvous to exchange something.

The trunk was emptied because that seemed like something which could be investigated.

Why would they do this? To claim insurance money eventually and to hold off creditors.

This explains alot of behaviors. It explains why RM's family, neighbors and his co-workers have not gone public. It explains misinformation and the FB page.

It begs the question, however, "Why would you do this to your children?" But people do worse to their children all the time, sadly.

Rob come home before a crime has been committed. Rob make it right for your children

Money problems are always a possibility. The latest photo of the family in front of Del Friscos the week before he disappeared doesn't indicate that. Believe me, they left a kidney there for that meal.

When a family is living beyond their means, they do all the things they want to, that's what causes the money issues. So many people get into debt, owning homes they can no longer afford, lavish vacations, expensive meals out. Credit card debt rises as the spending rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman