NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll be blunt + show my lack of knowledge here. Is this "iMessage" a program/service that LE could retrieve info from? I'm having a hard time absorbing the fact that text messages can be sent with no way to retrieve them or at the least a record of them being sent/received. :waitasec:

I don't think they can unless they have the phone in hand and the messages haven't been erased.

If you look at your phone bill (text messaging part) it will NOT show messages sent between iPhones. They use their own data to send messages back and forth. If you have a texting plan on your phone, iMessages do not count in your texting package (iPhone to iPhone), but instead are part of the data package. If an iPhone texts a Samsung phone, then it shows up on the text part of the plan.

It's hard to explain unless you are familiar with Blackberry Messenger - it works the same way. Every Blackberry user has a Pin number and can send a message to any other Blackberry user by using their Pin number and it is not a text message and doesn't go on the texting plan.

Clear as mud, right?

Thinking about the scrap yard. IIRC the person scraping the metal will get an ATM card. To get their cash, they would have to use the ATM at Arrow Scrap to get their cash? Are all transactions rounded to the nearest dollar? Is it a like a gift card that is reloadable? Would the scraper have a pin number to get their money from the ATM? If the card was reuseable, was it in RM wallet? Does the ATM retain the card when the transaction is complete? Was there fingerprints left on it?

Also, we were told when the last ping was on the phone. Also when the phone went dead. How do we know it went dead at that time? A final ping not disclosed? A change in data usage?

I don't think they can unless they have the phone in hand and the messages haven't been erased.

If you look at your phone bill (text messaging part) it will NOT show messages sent between iPhones. They use their own data to send messages back and forth. If you have a texting plan on your phone, iMessages do not count in your texting package (iPhone to iPhone), but instead are part of the data package. If an iPhone texts a Samsung phone, then it shows up on the text part of the plan.

It's hard to explain unless you are familiar with Blackberry Messenger - it works the same way. Every Blackberry user has a Pin number and can send a message to any other Blackberry user by using their Pin number and it is not a text message and doesn't go on the texting plan.

Clear as mud, right?

Unless, ofcourse, RM's iphone was clouded with an ipad or mac...

Ok I'll be blunt + show my lack of knowledge here. Is this "iMessage" a program/service that LE could retrieve info from? I'm having a hard time absorbing the fact that text messages can be sent with no way to retrieve them or at the least a record of them being sent/received. :waitasec:

just as windstorm stated above, these are communications from iPhone to iPhone with no service provider documentation. but this is not an additional program or anything that would need to be downloaded, these messages are recieved/sent just the same as a text message... except with iMessages the sender can see when a message has been read by the person receiving. so if RM had been receiving messages from IM all day and not replying, she'd still know he was reading them. when he stopped reading them she most likely would have known he either shut the phone off or no longer had it on him.

I don't think it's "a taste of her own medicine" <modsnip>.

I feel like RM was done, wanted out, needed to be gone from her. he was taking off and she knew it.
for everyone who asks "why not just divorce?" we'll, in NY he'd have to pay "maintenance" (like alimony) but this cost would be for IM to maintain her current lifestyle. (on paper it looks like RM is provider, but we all know some funds were obtained elsewhere). RM would never be able to provide IMs maintenance and child support, (AND his own bills to live seperate) on his electricians pay.

as long as he stays "missing" he's commited no crime, and IM cannot collect.
she knew she didn't have a chance of finding him on her own, so with this missing person scenario and LE involvement her chances of finding him greatly increase. and once she finds him, she can file paperwork to start receiving money.

why leave the kids? we'd have to know which is worse... going 3-5 years without seeing your child, or spending the next 3-5 years married to IM. only RM can answer that.

BBM in green - Wow really interesting angle, and makes sense!

True. My iPhone is clouded with my Mac laptop.....so I can talk to other iPhone users on both..and keep the same conversation going.
You all live in a whole different world than me. What ever happened to the good old rotary dial party line? :escape:

I feel like RM was done, wanted out, needed to be gone from her. he was taking off and she knew it. for everyone who asks "why not just divorce?" we'll, in NY he'd have to pay "maintenance" (like alimony) but this cost would be for IM to maintain her current lifestyle. (on paper it looks like RM is provider, but we all know some funds were obtained elsewhere). RM would never be able to provide IMs maintenance and child support, (AND his own bills to live seperate) on his electricians pay.

as long as he stays "missing" he's commited no crime, and IM cannot collect. she knew she didn't have a chance of finding him on her own, so with this missing person scenario and LE involvement her chances of finding him greatly increase. and once she finds him, she can file paperwork to start receiving money.

why leave the kids? we'd have to know which is worse... going 3-5 years without seeing your child, or spending the next 3-5 years married to IM. only RM can answer that.

Bolded by me

Maybe it was too much maintenance these last few years of marriage.

Seeing that we have very few facts (if any) I was running a few scenarios through my mind trying to simplify.

1. Rob left on his own.
Did he want his freedom? Was he in trouble? Was he scared?

2. Rob left and harmed himself.

3. Witness protection. Why?

4. Foul play. Was it all staged? What is the motive?

Occam's Razor and all that. Unless someone comes forward or real truth comes out, I'm afraid I'm stuck.

Well, with a little research they could find a good story.

A lot more questions too. Why not ask, what do you think happened to RM?

Well Maybe they have and got shut down like most of us on the search page.
We got slammed for asking qustions or giving theories so what do u think they would do to reporters?

Peoplefinders, veromi, etc are not accurate. It has me linked to someone I never even met that is not related to me or Mr. A in any way.

So, unless Warwick is backed up by a legitimate connection, it means nothing, IMO.

(Oh boy Eliza getting on her high horse today! Apologies!)

passing my soap-box in case Eliza needs it--lol:floorlaugh:

Thinking about the scrap yard. IIRC the person scraping the metal will get an ATM card. To get their cash, they would have to use the ATM at Arrow Scrap to get their cash? Are all transactions rounded to the nearest dollar? Is it a like a gift card that is reloadable? Would the scraper have a pin number to get their money from the ATM? If the card was reuseable, was it in RM wallet? Does the ATM retain the card when the transaction is complete? Was there fingerprints left on it?

Also, we were told when the last ping was on the phone. Also when the phone went dead. How do we know it went dead at that time? A final ping not disclosed? A change in data usage?

I remember reading this also! and that ATM would have a camera!

I feel like RM was done, wanted out, needed to be gone from her. he was taking off and she knew it. for everyone who asks "why not just divorce?" we'll, in NY he'd have to pay "maintenance" (like alimony) but this cost would be for IM to maintain her current lifestyle. (on paper it looks like RM is provider, but we all know some funds were obtained elsewhere). RM would never be able to provide IMs maintenance and child support, (AND his own bills to live seperate) on his electricians pay.

as long as he stays "missing" he's commited no crime, and IM cannot collect. she knew she didn't have a chance of finding him on her own, so with this missing person scenario and LE involvement her chances of finding him greatly increase. and once she finds him, she can file paperwork to start receiving money.

I totally agree with this1

It just doesn't make sense to me that he would come home and then leave without his wallet or cell phone. I also find it odd that he left work early and never even called his wife to say he babe on the way home need anything? Did he have errands he planned to run when he got home? But that doesn't make sense if he leaves his wallet and cell, the only form or communication at home. I think it is odd they only talked once that day. I miss calls from my husband too but we eventually catch up. He left work at 12, he had time to get in touch with her. Seems odd to me.

Welcome Drib-- enjoying your thoughts regarding this!!

I'm of the opinion that he left voluntarily--and had a recent thought that he quit his job (why left the job early and why the phone was left--it may have been turn off by employer-a thought). There was a morning phone call from IM to RM regarding the BBQ over the weekend and plans for the weekend. Of course--we have no confirmation of the content of the call other than from IM.

I asked this before, he would get a bill, right? Sent to his home? I got so many statements from labs, hospital and from my health insurance plan.

Unless he changed his address---maybe having bills sent toa alwyer---maybe that's the text-message person----Not a gf, the "bad-influence friend" but a lawyer

Wouldn't the contents (license, credit and debit cards, etc.) be what one would call his wallet. We are essentially being told that those things were left behind, because his wallet was left behind in a drawer in the garage. It paints a different picture.

I was thinking that some of usual wallet contents were left behind---am sure he has his Union card, medical/insurance cards, drivers' license.
I apologize kids--- unless LE is telling me something I am taking it with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908