NY - Robert Williams for home invasion rape, torture, Hamilton Heights, 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is truly beyond disturbing. This poor woman is going to have nightmares and need therapy for years to come. I hope he gets the maximum punishment the state will allow.

I am so sorry I read this. There can't possibly be any punishment that would match the torture he put this poor woman through.

I am so sorry I read this. There can't possibly be any punishment that would match the torture he put this poor woman through.
I completely agree!! Horrendous, I hope he's never allowed to see the light of day again. My prayers for the victim.

Regarding the link about the trial beginning:

It would appear that there are some problems for the prosecution. I hope the survivor will be an excellent eye witness. Here is a disturbing paragraph:

" Detective Anzali, witness for the prosecution, was questioned as to the scene of the victim's apartment and evidence he collected. Firefighters overturned furniture and threw some out of the apartment windows, into heavy rain, "in order to ensure they would not rekindle," he said.
Prunty presented physical evidence found in the apartment, as well as photos of them at the scene. Clumps of hair, a tube of Vaseline, two empty beer bottles, and an empty bottle of cold and flu relief medicine were found in a garbage can in the victim's living room. Four other empty beer bottles were found on the scene, and a fingerprint was found on one of them, Anzali said. Several articles of clothing and bedsheets--many stained with blood and bleach--were found in a plastic bag in the victim's kitchen. Anzali also described his collection of DNA evidence from various locations in the apartment.
In cross examination, Levine noted that the garbage pail in the living room had been turned upright from its original position. He questioned Anzali as to the order of processing, asserting that it was done incorrectly. Levine also noted much evidence was found together in a plastic bag in the kitchen, raising the possibility of cross-contamination."

Rest of article at:
http://www.columbiaspectator.com/node/55172

A short prayer for the Survivor
Dear Lord,
Please walk with this young woman, as you walked with her through the valley of death one year ago.
Protect her mind and her heart from harm, and please help her heal through your most perfect loving kindness.

Please give her clarity of thought and strength of voice to name her accuser in this life, and please help a jury of his peers to reach a swift and just verdict. Most of all, God, please give this woman, and all women in a similar situation, the absolute knowledge and assurance that you will deal with this criminal forever for the pain he inflicted, and that you will bless her forever in Heaven for enduring all things. Amen.

Respectfully,
Maria

I think the defense attorney can throw all the mud in the world, and it is clear that a crime of substantial proportions occurred regardless of whether or not the evidence was processed in the correct order and the firefighters trashed the scene in order to prevent the fire from reigniting...the perp is going to claim some kind of psych illness undoubtably because of the magnitude of the crime....in the end, the perp will be institutionalized for what he did because even his defense attorney would not want him walking the streets, and the victim will have the task of trying to rebuild a life after having been savaged in this fashion.

She survived because there is a great need for her in this world-the question is how she will get from A to Z after having known the worst human beings can do to one another.

NEW YORK - A Columbia University graduate student who was raped and tortured during 19 hours of nightmarish sadism pointed out Monday the man on trial for the attack as the one who drove her to ask for death and try to kill herself.
Her gaze steady and her jaw tightly set, the 24-year-old woman pointed directly at Robert Williams in court Monday when asked whether she saw her attacker in the courtroom.
The woman identified him as she resumed testimony she had begun Friday to describe an almost unimaginable ordeal of searing pain, degradation and fear at the hands of her attacker.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25068659/

Her statement against it should be enough to have it incarcerated forever.

if not, then there is no justice in the world. :furious:

it must be banished from society and it should never see the light of day again.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the *hate crime* spector yet.

I cant even begin to imagine what this girl has gone through and will go through for the rest of her life. Its so disturbing. I couldnt even read all of it.

Very interesting point-how is this not a hate crime against her as a woman?

Believe - You know my thoughts on that! I definitely feel that this qualifies as a hate crime in that respect :mad:

However, I remember in the Channon Christopher thread, some people felt that her and her boyfriend's rape, torture and murder should be prosecuted as hate crimes because she and her bf were white and the perpetrators are black. I believe that the victim in this case is white and Mr. Williams is black.

Believe - You know my thoughts on that! I definitely feel that this qualifies as a hate crime in that respect :mad:

However, I remember in the Channon Christopher thread, some people felt that her and her boyfriend's rape, torture and murder should be prosecuted as hate crimes because she and her bf were white and the perpetrators are black. I believe that the victim in this case is white and Mr. Williams is black.

Wouldn't they have to prove that he did this to her because she was white? I thought the definition of a hate crime is when someone is targeted because of their race or sexuality. However, I think male/female rapes should all be hate crimes because obviously the woman is targeted because of her sex. What this man did to her is unbelievable torture. It is amazing what the human body can endure and recover from.

Wouldn't they have to prove that he did this to her because she was white? I thought the definition of a hate crime is when someone is targeted because of their race or sexuality. However, I think male/female rapes should all be hate crimes because obviously the woman is targeted because of her sex. What this man did to her is unbelievable torture. It is amazing what the human body can endure and recover from.

Agreed, and I can't imagine what kind of animal this man is.

Now realizing of course that the perp deserves a defense, I cannot get over the idea that if the defense attorney were going to have this client as a neighbor, they might be more willing to push the perp to plead guilty....

Now realizing of course that the perp deserves a defense, I cannot get over the idea that if the defense attorney were going to have this client as a neighbor, they might be more willing to push the perp to plead guilty....

OMG Believe, I thought the exact same thing! Usually I am not bothered by defense statements, but when I read the details of this case, I wondered exactly what kind of defense attorney could stomach taking it on.

She's truly one of the most bravest women, having survived that and then testified. I don't know of many women who could have done that.

This is where the justice system truly lacks. I don't think this is a DP case (?) but I can pretty much guarantee he won't be given the harshest sentence, though he deserves three times that.

I've always felt that if a person SHOULD have died from their injuries, then it should be the same charge as murder. Just because your victim MIRACULOUSLY survives shouldn't let you off the hook. Your INTENT was to cause enough damage to KILL.

I may have missed it - is he also charged with arson? Should add that.

I've never understood the rational for "hate crime". Why would one murder be worth less punishment than another? I mean, are crimes that are not "hate" crimes then "love" crimes? It makes no sense. How can you commit rape or murder without some form of hatred in your soul?

I'd say take the punishment for a "hate" crime and apply it to EVERYONE that commits the crime, regardless.

(Note that I am not using the term "hate" as it is used in political discussions, where the question "Why are you so full of hate?" actually means "Why are you making an argument I'm having trouble refuting?")
thank you- I have always felt the same way- just thought I was missing something--

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back