NY NY - Rockaway Beach, 'John Valentine', WhtHispMale 3-5, UP2688, Disney sheet & duffle bag, Feb'05

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG that is quite the reality check. If only these people knew their options because it doesn't have to end this way for the infants.

Totally unbelievable and so so sad for these babies.

This little boy was so young and I'm hoping one day we will find out who he was by a brother or a sister wondering what happened to their little brother.

This is very sad.Another sweet little boy. I pray they find out who he is soon. Are there any newspaper articles on him or any more information on him to help find out who he is.

I'm just thinking out loud. Sorry. The little boy had black hair? Were there any illegal or immigrants coming into New York some where during that time period? Ship? Coast Guard?

Ok.I'm a little confused. The Doe Net work said he had black hair? and Namus said (the box checked head not recovered?) Which one was it?

It also says in Namus

Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

Here is one newspaper article.

A child’s unsolved murder haunts the Rockaways
John Valentine Hope's body washed ashore in February 2005; his real identity is still unknown
BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Saturday, February 16, 2013, 2:00 AM A A A

Police have never solved the murder or found out his real identity.
DCPI
Police have never solved the murder or found out his real identity.
Queens detectives may be haunted forever by the mystery of who killed little John Valentine Hope.
Eight years after the child’s headless body washed ashore in the Rockaways shortly before Valentine’s Day, they have no clues about his real name or who his killer was.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nts-rockaways-article-1.1263261#ixzz2zx2D3rR4

More at the link

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/unsolved-murder-child-haunts-rockaways-article-1.1263261

It says the blanket is from the late 70's or early 80's.? This little one was found 2005.That's a real long time to have a sheet around. I don't know what to think of that yet.

Well,the sheet could be from possibly a large family? with older kids and the sheets were kept for the younger kids. Hand me downs? or they could have got the sheet at a thrift store or flea market. Maybe they were poor.

One last thing before I go to sleep and think about this a lot tonight. I was thinking at first a immigrant family from another county. I am leaning now more towards with the nautical duffel bag,the sheets from the 70's or early 80's.I'm thinking the sheet was from the united states. A large family or someone coming back home to family?This child was abused.Possibly a year? It took a while for his arm to heal.His arm was healing and he was beat again probably before he died.Maybe some one was in the merchant marines or something.

I've been looking into this a lot. Has this little boy been checked? Here is a little boy missing Jesus Arvado Martinez. 4 years old abducted by his father from Houston Texas. I do feel this little John Valentine Hope was missing from somewhere a few months and possibly changed caregivers.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/martinez_jesus.html

Does any one have a update on him or can find out what's going on right now?

The best thing to do is be straight up with the Authorities on the case. If you can find an e mail or phone number on who's handling the missing person/possible match case, you can provide them with the Namus Case number if your missing person isn't in the system. I've found that most MPs are located in NaMus and NCMEC, and already have submitted DNA. If the DNA is on file for your little boy and the Unidentified Boy, most likely they've been compared and are not matches. (IIRC, I Think NaMus does this automatically) This is something that I would find out first, before contacting the lead authority on the case. I hope this helps. :)

I have found most missing and unidentified do not have DNA listed in Namus.Some will have to be Identified through MTdna and I have found out most unidentified do not have MTdna on file for them.They are just now starting to do this for other unidentified persons. Some children do not have their DNA on file. Some Identified have DNA but not MTdna so a match will not come up.

I have noticed Namus just started making it not available to see what type of DNA is on file for the unidentified. I feel if someone has a possible match please call in. There might be a match with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back