NY - Samuel Bankman-Fried (FTX), Alleged Fraud, Money Laundering, 2019-2022 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-12-27-08-19-20.png
    Screenshots_2022-12-27-08-19-20.png
    442.2 KB · Views: 1
northdimension.org
This is the only web content left that I could find for either entity.

Here's the link via the Wayback Machine. NOTE: you may get a popup offering you 25% off of... something.

The site is clearly bogus. It's odd that it would have an org designation if it were a commercial entity.

Site link also directly available from this article:

This is an excellent article. It’s hard to summarize but basically lays out the integration of former colleagues of SEC and CFTC into the upper-ups at FTX to push favorable legislation.
He was also a frequent guest on CNBC financial news. I tried to find some of his old videos of him on the show to see what he was saying, and how he was saying it, but I couldn't find any after trying for some time.

Has anyone run across any of those vids/interviews with him from CNBC? TIA

He was also a frequent guest on CNBC financial news. I tried to find some of his old videos of him on the show to see what he was saying, and how he was saying it, but I couldn't find any after trying for some time.

Has anyone run across any of those vids/interviews with him from CNBC? TIA

Here are a few that I tracked down. I am sure there are more.

October 21, 2021:

November 24, 2021:

December 20, 2021:

January 13, 2022:

January 31, 2022:

February 24, 2022:

March 9, 2022:

March 18, 2022:

April 26, 2022:

June 9, 2022:

September 16, 2022:

Last edited:
I am actually really looking forward to this novel. This renowned author seems to have been interviewing SBF months before FTX’s collapse. With his extensive experience researching misdeeds in the business world, I am curious if he saw FTX’s bubble bursting well before the rest of us or if his interviews with SBF were simply coinciding with a larger piece on the crypto industry as a whole.

“The Big Short" author ML met with Sam Bankman-Fried for "several hours" last week, The New York Post reported.
This isn't the first time ML had met with Bankman-Fried. In November, the Hollywood trade The Ankler reported that ML had been interviewing Bankman-Fried for six months.
Deadline reported last month that Apple was closing in on a deal for the rights to ML’s eventual book on the fall of FTX and Bankman-Fried, with plans to turn it into a film.

It was only a matter of time before this came about.

FTX customers have filed a class action lawsuit against the failed crypto exchange and its former top executives, including Sam Bankman-Fried, seeking a declaration that the company's holdings of digital assets belong to customers.

This bankruptcy has got to be one of the messiest of the century. It will be interesting to see where the dust settles.

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried said he and former executive Gary Wang borrowed more than $546 million from Alameda Research to buy a nearly 8% stake in Robinhood Markets Inc, according to court papers.
The Robinhood stake — about 56 million shares in total — is at the center of a multi-jurisdictional ownership fight playing out in Antigua, New Jersey and Delaware. FTX, bankrupt crypto lender BlockFi Inc. and an individual FTX creditor are all trying to establish claims to the shares in separate legal proceedings.

A new judge has been assigned. He has a history of high-profile cases noted in the article (and even a case concerning crypto), so this should be interesting.

Since then, [Judge LK] has overseen numerous high-profile trials and several cases notable in the financial world, including what authorities had described as the first federal bitcoin securities fraud prosecution. Kaplan sentenced the defendant to 18 months in prison.
[Judge LK] has been known over the years to become irritable with lawyers on all sides.

Here are a few that I tracked down. I am sure there are more.

October 21, 2021:

November 24, 2021:

December 20, 2021:

January 13, 2022:

January 31, 2022:

February 24, 2022:

March 9, 2022:

March 18, 2022:

April 26, 2022:

June 9, 2022:

September 16, 2022:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Since I used to be known as the search Queen (could find just about anything when others could not)... can I ask what your search criteria was and where you did your search? Was it Goog, CNBC, etc.? I did both, using various words and came up with a big goose egg.

ETA - I just received this in an email "Those are some pics. You are really good at research.", which is why I wanted to know how you found those vids when I didn't! LOL :)

Last edited:
I am actually really looking forward to this novel. This renowned author seems to have been interviewing SBF months before FTX’s collapse. With his extensive experience researching misdeeds in the business world, I am curious if he saw FTX’s bubble bursting well before the rest of us or if his interviews with SBF were simply coinciding with a larger piece on the crypto industry as a whole.

As for the film... They'd better get an unruly curly haired actor who lisps! I'm serious! NO Kit Harrington's!!! (too handsome with no lisp. He only has the curly hair. I want realism!) LOL My vote is for ‘Stranger Things’ actor Gaten Matarazzo. :p

1672247452103.png

Pic source: 'Stranger Things' actor Gaten Matarazzo speaking at Weasler, April 19 - Marquette Today

As for the film... They'd better get an unruly curly haired actor who lisps! I'm serious! NO Kit Harrington's!!! (too handsome with no lisp. He only has the curly hair. I want realism!) LOL My vote is for ‘Stranger Things’ actor Gaten Matarazzo. :p

View attachment 390412

Pic source: 'Stranger Things' actor Gaten Matarazzo speaking at Weasler, April 19 - Marquette Today
They're gonna have to stick his head in a wind tunnel before he goes on set. His hair is too 'under control' looking. lol

1. The SEC has alleged that Sam Bankman-Fried orchestrated a years-long fraud scheme. A closer scrutiny of court documents reveal an underlying theme of commingled funds, overlapping and mixed finances, and inexcusable, messy bookkeeping.

Then, consider a separate SEC complaint that alleged FTX customers were told to wire money to an obscure, fake electronics retailer with a website full of misspelled words and unusually priced items.

This subsidiary, North Dimension, played a key role in putting user's funds in the coffers of Alameda to use in trading.

The website, which has now been deactivated, would list a laptop or cell phone at a "sale" price of $899, compared to its "normal" price of $410.

Weird, right?

I certainly think so. But look at this: FTX execs reportedly hid $8 billion in liabilities in a customer account that Bankman-Fried referred to as "our Korean friend's account," according to CFTC prosecutors.

CNBC: "It’s difficult for Russian oligarchs to use crypto, says FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried"​

SRSLY, what a joke.
Russian oligarchs are extremely skilled at laundering dirty money. They function in a kleptocracy and have been laundering staggering amounts of dirty money for many decades, often through real estate, golf resorts, yachts. They probably did a communal happy dance when cryptocurrency showed up on the scene, making it even EASIER to launder dirty money.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Since I used to be known as the search Queen (could find just about anything when others could not)... can I ask what your search criteria was and where you did your search? Was it Goog, CNBC, etc.? I did both, using various words and came up with a big goose egg.

ETA - I just received this in an email "Those are some pics. You are really good at research.", which is why I wanted to know how you found those vids when I didn't! LOL :)

Of course! :) My first strategy was to Google “CNBC Sam Bankman-Fried”, and I used the video filter. I then sorted through until I found one that was older than a few months old. I found a couple more and noted that they were all in the official CNBC website. Then,on the CNBC website, I searched “Sam Bankman-Fried” and, in the filter section, selected “Video.” That ishow I found the rest. Paid subscribers to CNBC have access to full SBF interviews, as well, but I passed on linking those.

Sam Bankman-Fried ‘surprisingly optimistic’ at meeting with sexy crypto influencer Tiffany Fong

Fong — who boasts 19,000 YouTube followers and 39,000 Twitter followers — describes her current occupation on LinkedIn as a self-employed “Reluctant Crypto Content Creator” and said she just happened to be in nearby San Francisco to spend the holidays with her sister and her husband when she got a message from Bankman-Fried.

Quickly rising in the Crypto community, Fong caught the notice of the Biden administration, who invited her to the White House Christmas Party, where she quipped she let Biden “smell my hair,” in an Instagram post of her smiling beside the president.

EDIT: After reading the original Reuters article, I see mention of SBF entering a “plea” next week not a “plea deal” as reported in Yahoo! Finance (which references the Reuters article). The mention of a “plea deal” may be erroneous.

While it would be nice to save time and money by resolving this case with a plea deal, SBF has been so outspoken about his innocence since the collapse, I am actually a little surprised that he may not be taking it to trial. I suppose that he may know that his chances are slim with his “right-hand” team willing to testify against him, MOO.

Sam Bankman-Fried is expected to enter a plea deal next week to fraud charges connected to the collapse of the Bahamas-based cryptocurrency exchange he founded, FTX.com, Reuters reported early Thursday morning, Hong Kong time.
Bankman-Fried is expected to appear back in the Manhattan federal court on Jan. 3, 2023.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbarabarth2016