NY NY - Sarah Fox, 21, Inwood Hill, NYC, 19 May 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mygirlsadie said:
You can also see a pretty good close up of this guy at pet-abuse.com There is resembelance of him to the sketch. Could be the dark features http://www.pet-abuse.com/profiles/4635/
abuser_4635.jpg
cabdriver.jpg

So... is anyone going to call this in? Or are going to assume that LE knows about this possible connection?

After reading everything in these forums, I would hope that noone would "assume" anything when it comes to LE. Even the best LE miss things. Shadow, I hope you sent this in - unless someone else has a closer tie to NYC...

He is back! Suspect in Sarah Fox Murder Returns to City, Says He Wants to Help Cops

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...x-murder-returns-city-says-he-wants-help-cops

"Right now I have clairvoyant information and good reason to believe it is valuable to the New York City Police Department," Dimitry Sheinman told DNAinfo New York Wednesday. He was in town to promote a book he wrote about the case and his life at a book expo at the Jacob Javits Convention Center.

Thank you for updating the thread. I just did my usual google search for new info and now I feel sick. WE NEED HELP! He has a new website and is trying to get his book published. I knew Sarah and please, this case must be solved!

His website is www.thesheinmansource.com. on it he has the first three chapters of his book to download and a statement about Sarah's case. According to an article on dnainfo.com, he is claiming that Sarah has been helping him find her killer. I am sorry, I do not know how to link on my tablet.

PLEASE HELP! I am an inexperienced sleuther but I can tell you that Sarah was sweet, kind, hilariously funny, and a source of smiles - and I didn't know her very well or for very long and this is the impression she left on me.

Just saw this case for the first time. HOW is this guy not arrested? But I'm also wondering about the neighbor who 'happened' to find her body.

Wonder if there is DNA?

Just saw this case for the first time. HOW is this guy not arrested? But I'm also wondering about the neighbor who 'happened' to find her body.

Wonder if there is DNA?

Thank you! As far as I know, Sarah was found by one of the volunteer searchers who was also a friend of hers. I am not sure where the info on the neighbor came from but I was told the friend part by a reliable source. They were searching the park extensively from what I understand.

Thank you for jumping in!

There is a witness from what i have read.She posted on this website,that she had seen the suspect behind a tree and Sarah jogging in the park.She can at least place him at the park at the same time.She seemed really scared and said
she had talked to LE.The editor deleted her comment to protect her.Because she was on her Facebook account.This was the same day I had posted my earlier comment.I am sure they know he did it,they must not have the DNA or critical evidence they need to put him in jail.Eyewitness accounts help,but it is not solid evidence.This has been way to long to not have a conviction in this
horrible crime.If you read the comments here someone responded to her comment and hers has been deleted. http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...x-murder-returns-city-says-he-wants-help-cops

"Officials have linked forensic evidence from the 2004 murder scene of a 21-year-old Juilliard student to the scene of a recent Occupy Wall Street subway vandalism, NBC 4 New York has learned."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ccupy-Wall-Street-Subway-Gates-161989375.html

Dimitry Sheinman returned to New York in early June 2012, after five years of living in South Africa. I imagine that at this point, he's no longer considered a suspect. What an odd coincidence of timing.

When I first heard about the Dna possibly being tainted, I was devastated. Now, I am hoping that it gives them more ammo to go after DS. I am also thrilled to see her case back in the news.

Eight Cold Cases That Still Haunt the NYPD

Death of a Juilliard Student
Twenty-one-year-old Sarah Fox was last seen alive in May 2004 setting off for a jog. She was discovered at Inwood Hill Park less than a week later. Her naked body was surrounded by yellow leaves and branches. When a clairvoyant claimed to have divined the secrets of the case, detectives treated him as the prime suspect.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/10/eight-cold-cases-that-still-haunt-the-nypd.html

So, I am thinking DM did it, or was involved somehow, or just watched it all unfold. Did the dna really belong to a labworker? Or was that ruled out? I have read both.

Yeah, on first glance it seems logical that DM must have some connection to the crime, due to his detailed description, and if we rule out actual clairvoyance, it seems as if he might be the perpetrator. However, it all depends WHEN he came forward to "help the police". The original article is gone by now, but it said:
The No. 1 suspect remains Dimitri Sheinman, a 40-year-old artist who caught cops' attention when he came forward describing himself as a psychic and offering to help solve the slaying with his "visions," police officials said.
So if he only came in after they found her body and knew it was a "slaying", he could as well have heard the details from one of the searchers. And subsequently decided to get a little attention by claiming to be a psychic.
If he came in BEFORE they found her, he's most probably guilty, IMO.

I also think that sometimes police relies too heavily on DNA. A clever criminal might place foreign DNA at a crime scene, e.g. picking up a used condom from the trash can of a brothel or something like this. Or it gets contaminated like in this case and they spend a decade (or forever) using wrong data to exclude suspects.
Though I'm sure if the original DNA material was preserved, they re-tested it in the meantime and also compared it to DM's - assuming they have his profile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230
Back