GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zumSLSYMqZmw.kyLAVKbRd3PA

I am re-posting the map. It has come to my attention that other's weren't able to view it. I hadn't realized that was the case because no one mentioned anything in the thread about not being able to. That would explain all the request messages I received. I changed the settings in google maps, anyone with the link should be able to view it. If you still can't see it let me know.

Great job! I think you should send this map to the homicide squad.

I know early on we were thinking that perhaps whoever she drove home may be responsible, but now I am not so sure. If she was tweeting about being followed and taking them on a journey, I doubt she was sitting next to them. I can't help it, but I just have this vision of SG realizing someone is following her and so she is feeling smug about maybe having a little fun with it. Perhaps driving in all different directions and giving them a run for their money. I am not feeling that she was necessarily worried or scared at the point that tweet went out. When I say smug, I mean in a funny, brave little way, like "ok, you want to play games, have at it, lets go" It also makes me feel as though she absolutely knew who the person or persons were.

TY for the map. So helpful. It really does seem like she was dumped then the car was moved.

I really honestly thought this case would have an arrest really quickly. I hope they're just waiting on results.

RBBM

Maybe someone else was driving? At 100 lbs and drinking "henny" for the first time that night, maybe she passed out and was assaulted by one or two people.

Also wondering if LE can issue a search warrant for twitter accounts that are private...anyone know?

BBM. Yes, it appears so.

Snipped from Twitter Help Center:

Private Information Requires a Subpoena or Court Order

Non-public information about Twitter users will not be released to law enforcement except in response to appropriate legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process – or in response to a valid emergency request, as described below.

Contents of Communications Requires a Search Warrant

Requests for the contents of communications (e.g., Tweets, Direct Messages, photos) require a valid search warrant from an agency with proper jurisdiction over Twitter.

Source: https://support.twitter.com/articles/41949-guidelines-for-law-enforcement#8

I know early on we were thinking that perhaps whoever she drove home may be responsible, but now I am not so sure. If she was tweeting about being followed and taking them on a journey, I doubt she was sitting next to them. I can't help it, but I just have this vision of SG realizing someone is following her and so she is feeling smug about maybe having a little fun with it. Perhaps driving in all different directions and giving them a run for their money. I am not feeling that she was necessarily worried or scared at the point that tweet went out. When I say smug, I mean in a funny, brave little way, like "ok, you want to play games, have at it, lets go" It also makes me feel as though she absolutely knew who the person or persons were.

Ive had almost the exact same thought process! The only thing that keeps catching me is at that time of night in what doesn't seem like an incredibly lit up area (Locals?) how can you really tell for sure if you know who it is? You could see a black car (example) and think oh that's so and so, but what if she thought it was so and so and it wasn't? It was someone else completely?

I just did a little searching on the map, specifically the area around her second to last tweet where she quotes a song lyric. The coordinates of that tweet put her a short distance off of Main Street. Using satellite view it looks like it could be near the area of where the house is set back in the distance among the trees. There is also a Yaphank Community pizza icon nearby.

What's Twitter's accuracy regarding it's location stamp? Is it pinpoint accuracy? If so, could she have tweeted from someone's house, perhaps dropping someone off?

On the west corner of Yaphank Avenue and Main Street is what appears to be a very old Shell gas station. I don't know if it is open or closed down, assuming the building is still there. It looks like the satellite view is from almost a year and a half ago.

Would this gas station have any operating security cameras? I zoomed in as far as I could on the west side of the building. There is something that is attached to the wall in between the two doors on the back end of the building where it juts out. I can't get a clear enough view of it to know if it is a camera. If it is one and it is operational, perhaps it caught her car. It was late and it was dark, so it would be unlikely to see much even if it was videoed, but you never know...maybe the driver side window was open and might capture an image of who was driving and who else may have been in there with her.

Interestingly enough..the very next building after the gas station is a small a building with a sign on the awning that reads..SCPD PAL

Ive had almost the exact same thought process! The only thing that keeps catching me is at that time of night in what doesn't seem like an incredibly lit up area (Locals?)

Even though I live close to Medford, I can't say I have ever driven through the neighborhoods and specifically in Eagle Estates to know from personal experience what the area is like. I do however know that Medford has some bad parts. I mentioned Eagle Estates to a few people I know and their eyebrows raised in a look of surprise. They said that is a bad bad part of Medford and you don't want to be in there after dark.

While trying to research Eagle Estates, I came across this post on Urban Dictionary..."Home to drug addicts, white trash, and other assorted dangerous people just waiting to pull a knife on you for scuffing their $450.00 Nikes that they sold cigs for, or simply stole them from a rich wigger."

It seems that Eagle Estates has quite a reputation of being the "ghetto" of Medford.

I just did a little searching on the map, specifically the area around her second to last tweet where she quotes a song lyric. The coordinates of that tweet put her a short distance off of Main Street. Using satellite view it looks like it could be near the area of where the house is set back in the distance among the trees. There is also a Yaphank Community pizza icon nearby.

What's Twitter's accuracy regarding it's location stamp? Is it pinpoint accuracy? If so, could she have tweeted from someone's house, perhaps dropping someone off?

On the west corner of Yaphank Avenue and Main Street is what appears to be a very old Shell gas station. I don't know if it is open or closed down, assuming the building is still there. It looks like the satellite view is from almost a year and a half ago.

Would this gas station have any operating security cameras? I zoomed in as far as I could on the west side of the building. There is something that is attached to the wall in between the two doors on the back end of the building where it juts out. I can't get a clear enough view of it to know if it is a camera. If it is one and it is operational, perhaps it caught her car. It was late and it was dark, so it would be unlikely to see much even if it was videoed, but you never know...maybe the driver side window was open and might capture an image of who was driving and who else may have been in there with her.

Interestingly enough..the very next building after the gas station is a small a building with a sign on the awning that reads..SCPD PAL

I asked my daughter to drive by the Shell gas station in Yaphank tomorrow & see if the station is open & if the cameras work

Just a thought...and I know that is dangerous. :facepalm: If she did drop off someone before the last tweet maybe someone knew she was dropping off that person, where he/she lived, and was lying in wait and then followed her once she was alone. And, Sarah being as street smart as she seemed to be, was quite aware she was being followed and hence the tweet about it. I also believe she knew them, thought it would just be a game, and so tweeted and tried to lose them.

I think I just located a camera. At the intersection of Yaphank Avenue and Main Street is a building with looks like 2 businesses. One is Suffolk Shooting Supply. The other on the right side is Comet Technologies. Zoom into the far right corner just below the roof line close to the gutters. That certainly looks like a camera and even better it looks to be facing directly onto Yaphank Avenue. If she did travel that route that is speculated, that camera would have definitely caught a view of her car and perhaps enough to be able to look into her windshield.

I think I just located a camera. At the intersection of Yaphank Avenue and Main Street is a building with looks like 2 businesses. One is Suffolk Shooting Supply. The other on the right side is Comet Technologies. Zoom into the far right corner just below the roof line close to the gutters. That certainly looks like a camera and even better it looks to be facing directly onto Yaphank Avenue. If she did travel that route that is speculated, that camera would have definitely caught a view of her car and perhaps enough to be able to look into her windshield.
maybe can see if there was a car directly behind her following too.

Did a street view along Fire Road which is where her last tweet originated from. There are a few large expensive looking homes. Expensive homes might have security cameras. If any do, it could very well provide proof of someone following her perhaps even some kind of altercation.

Droopy, you are amazing. I hope LE is reading here and follows up on this info.
:takeabow:

I'm having a hard time with the flip flops. If she did not walk into the woods by her own accord, how in the heck did her flip flops stay on while she was moved there?

Even if she did walk in the woods on her own, walking in the woods is not easy with flip flops on in the dark.

One would think she would have lost at least one either way she got there.

The Shell station is not functional. It is an old, fully restored garage complete with antique gas pumps. A mini-museum, if you will.
http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/3315710
It would definitely makes sense that the shooting supply would have cameras up. Coincidentally, this intersection is about a mile from Suffolk County police headquarters in Yaphank as well as the Suffolk Sherriff's headquarters.

I don't know why but the three friends that said to reporters that the killer should turn themselves in, etc, struck a nerve with me. Gave me chills. Something about that whole display, especially since it was before LE confirmed the body found was SGs, made me think of Skylar Neese.

First time posting so hopefully I'm doing this right.

Unfortunately the Shell gas station is more of a town restoration project and is not operating. Not to say it doesn't have cameras. I do live in the area and according to her tweets and the gps locations it seems she would have traveled down Main Street to reach mill rd. Along Main Street before coming to CR-21 there is Yaphank fire department, Red River Inn (a bar) and a deli. I would imagine these places have cameras. Then SG most likely made a left into CR-21 which would bring her past a verizon building, another deli, barber shop, a veterans home and the mill house inn.

In regards to the Shooting supply place there's not a doubt in my mind they have cameras.

Not that this bit of info has much impact but the SCPD headquarters is located not even 5 mins down the road from all of these locations as well. From looking at the tweet map it doesn't seem she went past there in order to get near home though.

Lol, Lawdini. We basically said the same thing.

It definitely looks like she did not pass the precinct. This is my first time looking at Droopy's map and it's pretty eerie. Her first tweet was made around the corner from my mum's house; her second tweet is a road I travel every day :(

I'm having a hard time with the flip flops. If she did not walk into the woods by her own accord, how in the heck did her flip flops stay on while she was moved there?

Even if she did walk in the woods on her own, walking in the woods is not easy with flip flops on in the dark.

One would think she would have lost at least one either way she got there.
the killer could have made sure the flip flops stayed on or they carried them themselves.

Lol we posted at the same time and it was me reiterating what you said :) and yes definitely eerie looking at that map

Is it certain that she was indeed wearing flip flops? I haven't seen anything reported by LE or the media as to what she was wearing that night. One would think that when someone goes missing you'd provide a description of what they were last seen wearing. After scouring through News12's facebook, I came across a poster asking that very question. Someone responded that she was possibly wearing a pink hoodie, dark sweat pants, pink tank top with a white tank top with an owl on it over it, leggings and a white headband. Nothing about footwear.

If this post violates the social media rule please remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper