GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh all you flip flop wearing drivers... In my hunt for illustration, I googled "driving flip flops". I'm *tsk tsk*ing you all right now. :p

http://www.ahchealthenews.com/2013/08/22/driving-in-flip-flops-can-be-deadly/

“It’s worrying that so many drivers out there do not realize the impact their footwear choices can have on their safety at the wheel,” said Sheila’s Wheels spokeswoman, Jacky Brown, in a statement.

“Millions may think they can drive safely but may not realize the shortcomings of the flip-flop until it’s too late – putting themselves, their passengers and other drivers at risk every time they get in the car,” Brown added.

Yeah? Interesting, I love local dialects. :)
I wear them *to* the car but slip them off for the actual pedal operating part.

Ditto. Any shoes that don't fasten securely to my feet come off as soon as I climb in the car.

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x934956466/Driver-escapes-after-SUV-crashes-into-river

A Rockport man’s lunchtime drive out to Gloucester’s Stone Pier ended with him climbing out of his SUV’s sunroof after his flip-flop shoe snagged the gas pedal and sent him lurching into the Jones River at high tide.

Flip-flops (and snow boots) have always gotten me in big trouble in a car, FWIW.

I really had a point in my question, but it's been shot down out by this quick poll, lol. I thought that if it was widely agreed that driving in flip flops is nigh impossible, then Sarah was probably not driving that night. But...I'm the weirdo, go figure, lol. Oh well.

I really had a point in my question, but it's been shot down out by this quick poll, lol. I thought that if it was widely agreed that driving in flip flops is nigh impossible, then Sarah was probably not driving that night. But...I'm the weirdo, go figure, lol. Oh well.
I have no problem driving in flip flops. do it all the time.

I can't drive wearing flip flops. Anyone else?

I'm with ya - an especially frightening Driver Education teacher scared me with detailed stories of bloody accidents that can follow driving in flip-flops. One of those things that stick with ya even 15 years later.

---
I'm hoping an arrest comes soon, but perhaps they're nicely aligning all their ducks in a row - waiting for that final jigsaw piece to serve it on a platter to a judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also wondering if the driver's seat was in a position where Sarah would have had it if she were driving. She was small so it should have been pushed close to the steering wheel.

me too Plumeria--seat positions of driver and passenger and mirrors too--and what the heck while we are asking--how about the interior light? On or off????

I'm with ya - an especially frightening Driver Education teacher scared me with detailed stories of bloody accidents that can follow driving in flip-flops. One of those things that stick with ya even 15 years later.

---
I'm hoping an arrest comes soon, but perhaps they're nicely aligning all their ducks in a row - waiting for that final jigsaw piece to serve it on a platter to a judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG---so did mine!!!! lol--One thing I will credit him for--He told the class the first thing you do when you get in the car-LOCK THE DOORS.

I love when take a little detour!!!!
But to your question-lol-----she may not have been driving--I believe she was carried to where she was found. I just think had she been alive there would have been alot of noise that the neighbors could not have helped to hear.

Heading out for the day---Happy Solstice!!!
Everyone be safe and have a great day!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed we may hear of an arrest/s today.

Based on the map, do you think she was literally being followed and thought, "I'll drive through the woods and lose them" (the journey) and maybe she got stuck on that trail? If she knew who was following her and they were indeed "*****es" (plural) I could see a bunch of girls jumping another to give her a beating. She was so small, maybe they killed her. I could see them then involving others (males) to figure out what to do next.

I think it's illegal to drive in flip-flops in the UK, I take it there is no such law in the US.

Anyway, I see on Sarah's twitter she talks about driving while drunk and not stopping at red lights, so I'm not sure driving safety was a big concern of hers (or at least she liked to portray that carefree lifestyle on twitter).

I've read through this thread quite fast so I may have missed some things. I take it the general concensus here is that Sarah's final tweet refers to people actually physically following her, rather than people she doesn't know/like following her on Twitter. Is that right?

I know it makes sense considering what has happened that it was her being physically followed.

Most of her last tweets were song lyrics. Just sayin'.

Is there any chance that her last tweet is a song lyric? I personally think a few girls were following her since she left the "party" or after she dropped whoever off.. Maybe she decided to eventually stop and then got into an argument that turned physical. Did they say where her cell was found? Who was the block caller?

I think it's illegal to drive in flip-flops in the UK, I take it there is no such law in the US.

Anyway, I see on Sarah's twitter she talks about driving while drunk and not stopping at red lights, so I'm not sure driving safety was a big concern of hers (or at least she liked to portray that carefree lifestyle on twitter).

I've read through this thread quite fast so I may have missed some things. I take it the general concensus here is that Sarah's final tweet refers to people actually physically following her, rather than people she doesn't know/like following her on Twitter. Is that right?

I know it makes sense considering what has happened that it was her being physically followed.

The driving drunk tweet has already been found to be a song lyric. Even if it wasn't from a song it would have been highly unlikely that she was driving drunk anyway. Looking at the map location it is pretty clear that she tweeted that while at the friends house in Shirley.

As far as the red light ticket goes, I wouldn't read too much into that. It doesn't necessarily mean that she completely blew through a red light. There are a lot of red light cameras that have been put up on Long Island the last couple of years. I got nabbed by one last year. When I received the ticket in the mail I was a little confused because I remembered the day it happened and where it happened. I also remembered stopping. When I looked at the video, I saw what got me the ticket. I was making a right on red which is legal, but I didn't stop for a long enough time. Same thing could have happened to her

I think there is a law against it in some states, but I doubt anyone gets noticed or ticketed often.

Is there any chance that her last tweet is a song lyric? I personally think a few girls were following her since she left the "party" or after she dropped whoever off.. Maybe she decided to eventually stop and then got into an argument that turned physical. Did they say where her cell was found? Who was the block caller?

I tried googling her last tweet and I couldn't find anything, so I am doubting it is from a song. I haven't seen anything stating what personal effects were found if any. I do recall reading somewhere that her keys weren't in the car. I am thinking that maybe the perp took them and tossed them somewhere because his prints may have been on them. While it is quite possible that her last tweet meant that she was literally being followed, I suspect it meant that she was being followed on Twitter. If she was being followed literally, wouldn't it have made more sense for her to use the phone to call the police instead of using it to tweet? I don't believe the mystery to the blocked caller has been answered and it is unlikely we will have any way to find out, but you can bet the police more than likely know by searching her phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper