NY- Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs sued for rape, sex trafficking by singer Cassie

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@innercitypress

AUSA: Witnesses we have interviewed have universally expressed fear. The defendant has contacted witnesses who received grand jury subpoenas; he contacted at least one victim. This constant contact with witnesses - on Sept 10, a week ago, Dawn Richard sued...

AUSA: Before a Sept 14 statement by Ms. Harper, the defendant called her 54 times in one day. Some of the way in which the defendant contacts witness and victims are meant to evade - he uses intermediaries

Here’s her statement:

I see. So, how would that work if he (or anyone) were sentenced to death in a state that does not have the death penalty?

I'm Canadian, so I'm not familiar with the whole state vs federal stuff.
In the American criminal justice system, most prosecutions occur at the state level in municipal or county courts. Because the charges are federal ones, this case will be tried in the US District Court rather than a state, county, or municipal one. Any prison Combs were to be sentenced to would be a federal one and not a state correctional facility. A little more about the federal death penalty at the link below.

Since it is a federal case and if he's held awaiting trial where would he be incarcerated?

Reactions: JDG
You cant sentence someone to death in the us unless their crime results in a death.

However, the Court soon ruled that the death penalty would be unconstitutional for the rape of an adult where no death had occurred. That ban was later extended to any non-homicidal rape by the U.S. Supreme Court decision Kennedy v. Louisiana, and the Court commented that the death penalty could no longer be applied for any crime against an individual where no death occurred. The question of whether the death penalty might be used for crimes against the government, such as treason or espionage, remains unsettled.

Reactions: byo
He had drugs when he was arrested last night. This guy will be gone with the wind if he gets a chance!
I don't know why I am surprised and yet I am. He literally moved to NY because he knew the charges were coming and his attorney was already talking about it so that was simply idiotic of him to be holding. I guess he's lived above and outside the law so long he just never thought about it.

Capital punishment is a legal punishment under the criminal justice system of the United States federal government. It is the most serious punishment that could be imposed under federal law. The serious crimes that warrant this punishment include

treason, espionage, murder, large-scale drug trafficking, or attempted murder of a witness, juror, or court officer​

in certain cases.

If they plan to claim the arson referred to in the press conference was an attempt to kill a witness I believe they can. Also if they get him on "large scale" drug trafficking. JMO

ETA I don't think they ask for it often but they can under the law if they prove the above allegations.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gildern34
Back