NY - Shannan Gilbert, 24, Oak Beach, 1 May 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lest we forget there is one member of the OB community who has been known to drive around there in a car equipped with red lights that blink. And he did activate that switch at times so they did blink.

With all we know about him what is the problem with LE? What are they missing to cuff him?

Maybe they want to find Shannan first as her body will give them irrefutable evidence of the killer. There is always something found on or around the remains that tells a story, right?

ETA: IMO
exactly

Someone was trying to kill her.

I have no idea why her words (as reported on her 911 call) so are difficult to believe. It seems strange (IMO) that most people believe the tales of drivers, pimps and johns before they believe a victim.
Someone was torturing her, someone was trying to kill her, she tried to escape but after all he got her and killed her.
And police found her not important enough to care. The amount of comments which I saw about her, things which should never be told about anyone, ever.

They never believed her. They oficially stated that she was a liar.

Nearly a decade later, police say they will share what they describe as a "previously undisclosed piece of evidence" in their quest for answers -- and a new commitment to share information with the public on their continuing investigation into the years-long mystery.

‘Previously Undisclosed’ Evidence to Be Revealed in Shannan Gilbert Case

ETA Officials to discuss new evidence in Gilgo Beach murders case

There is a new development in the Gilgo Beach murders case.

Ten bodies were found in sections of Ocean Parkway near Jones Beach about 10 years ago but no arrests have been made.

Suffolk County Police will discuss "previously undiclosed evidence" at a 1 p.m. Thursday press conference.

Last edited:
I absolutely believe it's a cover up. IRC They also said she was on drugs,and paranoid from that,but didn't the tox screen come back clean? If she escaped,and named, names I believe there are at least a few people that would be toast,and with what we know about a certain Police Chief who is now in prison I think there is ample reason to think there is a connection,and a cover up.
MOO

I absolutely believe it's a cover up. IRC They also said she was on drugs,and paranoid from that,but didn't the tox screen come back clean? If she escaped,and named, names I believe there are at least a few people that would be toast,and with what we know about a certain Police Chief who is now in prison I think there is ample reason to think there is a connection,and a cover up.
MOO
Absolutely agree.

MOO
James Burke was released from prison last spring.

Shannon Gilbert’s death played a critical role in the LISK case but it is most likely that her death was the result of a tragic accident. She seems to have acquired a number of online advocates who continue to support her inclusion as a victim.

Shannon Gilbert’s death played a critical role in the LISK case but it is most likely that her death was the result of a tragic accident. She seems to have acquired a number of online advocates who continue to support her inclusion as a victim.

This is an interesting part of this case whether she was the victim of a terrible crime or whether her very unfortunate death lead to a number of crimes being discovered. I feel like many I suppose that Long Island like the Texas Killing Fields was the dumping ground of more than one killer and this frightening.

'Accident' sure,and I'll buy some ocean front property in Arizona.

Based on author Robert Kolker’s best-selling true crime novel of the same name, the film will have its world premiere on January 28 at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival and will be available for streaming on March 13.

Just watched this last night, I thought it was good story arch while also giving humanity to the victims and thier families, my heart goes out to each victim and family member, I so hope they get the closure they deserve.

Was anyone able to find any information on this belt image they found and released? I wondered if it was from the brand H&M, but it also looks like it may have been hand made....the real question is would LISK or any other serial killer that has been as active this long simply forget or leave something behind that may have been important to him, does anyone else seem it's more plausible that the belt probably belongs to another victim that just hasn't been found yet?

Attachments

• HM.png
    HM.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members