Found Deceased NY - Sheila Abdus-Salaam, 65, Harlem, 12 April 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I started taking anti depressants I recall there being a potential increase in the risk of suicide. Perhaps this was a contributing factor if she had just recently started taking medication.

Yes, I am one who cannot tolerate psychotropic medications as they make me very suicidal.
I still cannot understand why I am alive after a few very grave suicide attempts.

Also my mum attempted suicide when I was 12-13 during my parents divorce. It affected me greatly and still does. I cannot explain why though.

When I first read about this case, I was on the fence leaning toward foul play.
After reading about her mum and brothers suicide, I have changed my mind but am still open to
all theories.
I pray if she was murdered, those responsible are brought to justice.
Either way this is a very sad, heartbreaking case. A very smart, beautiful, educated pillar of the community is now gone.

Yes, I am one who cannot tolerate psychotropic medications as they make me very suicidal.
I still cannot understand why I am alive after a few very grave suicide attempts.

Also my mum attempted suicide when I was 12-13 during my parents divorce. It affected me greatly and still does. I cannot explain why though.

When I first read about this case, I was on the fence leaning toward foul play.
After reading about her mum and brothers suicide, I have changed my mind but am still open to
all theories.
I pray if she was murdered, those responsible are brought to justice.
Either way this is a very sad, heartbreaking case. A very smart, beautiful, educated pillar of the community is now gone.

:hug:

#BREAKING - death of Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam now considered suspicious per #NYPD. #abc7ny

So, what did the autopsy reveal? Ligature marks? Trauma?

This is saying they haven't done her autopsy yet so I wonder what they're seeing that makes it suspicious? I feel like if she jumped/drowned then there wouldn't be something outwardly suspicious anyways?

The Medical Examiner is still planning to perform an autopsy on Abdus-Salaam, after the body of the 65-year-old Court of Appeals judge washed up on the shore of the Hudson River.

http://abc7ny.com/news/death-of-appeals-court-judge-suspicious-police-say/1889968/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(snipped)
An autopsy performed on her body revealed that she had water in her lungs, which suggests that she was alive when she went into the Hudson River.
While there was slight bruising on her neck, there was no bleeding in her eyes, which is normally consistent with strangulation.
Absent definitive evidence of a suicide, police are now asking the public to come forward with any information - just in case.
Investigators are 'worried a video could pop up where a guy has her in headlock, or is dragging her, and it’s not a suicide,' a source told the Post.
'God forbid someone a year from now says, "I killed the judge and this is how I did it",' the source added.
'That’s why they’re sending out these notices. It’s to cover their bases.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-black-judge-suspicious.html#ixzz4ehsta9NS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The husband of a trailblazing New York judge who was found floating in the Hudson River last week appealed to the public Wednesday for help in unraveling the mystery of how she died.

The Rev. Gary Jacobs also pushed back strongly against reports that Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam, the first African-American woman to sit on New York State's highest court, "was the victim of a 'probable suicide.'"

The Turner Family also took aim at reports that Abdus-Salaam's mother and brother had also committed suicide.

"Sheila's mother, the matriarch of our family who died at age 92 in 2012, did not take her own life," their statement read. "Shelia's younger brother, who died in 2014, lost his battle with terminal lung cancer."

Much more in link

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/husband-dead-new-york-judge-pleads-help-after-cops-call-n748411

The husband of a trailblazing New York judge who was found floating in the Hudson River last week appealed to the public Wednesday for help in unraveling the mystery of how she died.

The Rev. Gary Jacobs also pushed back strongly against reports that Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam, the first African-American woman to sit on New York State's highest court, "was the victim of a 'probable suicide.'"

The Turner Family also took aim at reports that Abdus-Salaam's mother and brother had also committed suicide.

"Sheila's mother, the matriarch of our family who died at age 92 in 2012, did not take her own life," their statement read. "Shelia's younger brother, who died in 2014, lost his battle with terminal lung cancer."

Much more in link

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/husband-dead-new-york-judge-pleads-help-after-cops-call-n748411

Well that certainly tell a completely different story!! I am glad this case is not closed.

(snipped)
An autopsy performed on her body revealed that she had water in her lungs, which suggests that she was alive when she went into the Hudson River.
While there was slight bruising on her neck, there was no bleeding in her eyes, which is normally consistent with strangulation.
Absent definitive evidence of a suicide, police are now asking the public to come forward with any information - just in case.
Investigators are 'worried a video could pop up where a guy has her in headlock, or is dragging her, and it’s not a suicide,' a source told the Post.
'God forbid someone a year from now says, "I killed the judge and this is how I did it",' the source added.
'That’s why they’re sending out these notices. It’s to cover their bases.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-black-judge-suspicious.html#ixzz4ehsta9NS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Do they mean that if she was bleeding from her eyes it would be consistent with strangulation? Or that not bleeding was consistent with it? The way it's worded is confusing and i don't want to search for it on the internet because who knows what might pop up [emoji15]lol

Thank you!

Much more in link

Oh my goodness! I wonder where they got the story about her two family members committing suicide?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...apparent-suicide-her-husband-s-not-buying-it/
NY judge found dead in apparent suicide. Her husband’s not buying it

The sudden death of Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam — and the hours that led up to it — remains shrouded in mystery.

Shortly after the body of Abdus-Salaam, the first African American woman to serve on New York's top court, was found floating fully clothed in the Hudson Riverwith no apparent signs of trauma or criminality, local police said they were treating the death as an apparent suicide.

But about a week later, following an inconclusive autopsy, authorities have begun asking for the public's help in the investigation. While there are still no signs of foul play, the case is being treated as suspicious, a spokesperson from the New York Police Department said.

And on Wednesday, Abdus-Salaam's widowed husband joined the police in appealing for help from anyone with information that might help determine what happened in the moments before her death. In his first public comments since the death, the judge's husband, the Rev. Gregory Jacobs, firmly pushed back against reports that her death was an apparent suicide.

The judge's extended family alsocriticized what they said were inaccurate reports that Abdus-Salaam's mother and brother had committed suicide.

"Sheila's mother, the matriarch of our family who died at age 92 in 2012, did not take her own life," their statement read, NBC News reported. "Shelia's younger brother, who died in 2014, lost his battle with terminal lung cancer."

Oh my goodness! I wonder where they got the story about her two family members committing suicide?

In MSM articles, I remember colleagues and people who knew her referencing her brother's suicide.

There are people who would never admit someone they knew killed themselves. So...I'm not sure what to think. I will grab some links this afternoon when I have time...why would people who knew her lie abut it? It's very confusing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...dge-abdus-salaam-body-found-article-1.3069838
[h=1]NYPD seeks people who saw Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam before 'suspicious' death[/h]
attachment.php

Attachments

• judge19n-1-web.jpg
    judge19n-1-web.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 156
In MSM articles, I remember colleagues and people who knew her referencing her brother's suicide.

There are people who would never admit someone they knew killed themselves. So...I'm not sure what to think. I will grab some links this afternoon when I have time...why would people who knew her lie abut it? It's very confusing.

Sometimes families will not admit to problems even to themselves.

MSM sources did not indicate that mother committed suicide, only that she died recently.

They physical evidence is that the Judge died in the water and was not strangled and dumped. That could include suicide, but it also could include an accident, or being pushed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020
Back