Found Deceased NY - Sierra Shields, 30, Queens, 14 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel like it's something to do with her depression/behavior. She sounded distant to her sister & wanted to quit. Does anyone know if the supervisor knows if she had her purse with her when requesting the union rep?

I really don't think she's in a church rehab. She doesn't seem to be into fundamentalism or anything like that.

I struggle with the suicide theory because if she's Christian (or many other religions) she likely believes she would go to hell.*

I'm leaning towards her having a romantic partner that went badly or (more likely) something work related like I mentioned earlier.

*I'm not arguing for this belief at all, I just know it's a common belief.

I don't disagree with you at all, it's just so odd that she apparently goes home, leaves her belongings and poof vanishes into thin air. It's as if someone either had her come outside for a brief moment (so she didn't take her stuff), and then somehow she disappeared from there. So who was she likely to respond to in the moments of her mental state of mind. As you stated probably a boyfriend etc. but I would assume by now that LE has attempted to follow those leads (if there are any). Not much makes a lot of sense here, even if I go outside for a moment I take my phone. If she simply wanted to end her life, why not do it at home, or leave some type of note?

I hate these cases where the person just seems to up and disappear! So sad for her, I am hopeful she's somewhere alive and well. But obviously as we have seen in way to many of these cases it probably isn't realistic. MOO

I think this is a pretty clear suicide. The weird vibe with her sister, her sudden decision to resign, etc. I think the only mystery is why her body hasn't been found (and, I suppose, why she did it; but I don't see the benefit to speculating about that). Best guess? She jumped into the East River. There are lots of spots in Queens where no one would see you in the middle of the afternoon; lots of known/on camera suicides have never surfaced.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2016/03/01/sierra-shields-missing

Nancy Grace picked up Sierra's story

Snip

Sierra, a flight attendant with Shuttle America for Delta and United Airlines flights, had been scheduled to work a flight that afternoon, but surveillance video shows her walking out instead, her parents told HLN.

"She had just arrived to work. She said hello to the ticket agent and then you see her exit the terminal," Sierra's mom Donna said.

Police have not released the surveillance video, but Sierra's parents say it shows the young flight attendant still in uniform, a knee-length navy blue dress, walking out of Terminal A by foot.

Sierra’s brother Chris was with police analyzing the video, and described it to HLN as “a three-second clip of her walking down a hallway and out a terminal door.”

Sierra also had a brief conversation with her supervisor at work that day, but something was different.

"Her supervisor noticed that she did not seem like her normal, happy self," Donna Shields added.

She didn't appear to be depressed but something was on her mind, her parents said.

Back at Sierra's apartment in Astoria, Queens, roommates discovered her wallet and cell phone were left behind.

"They didn’t know if she forgot them or just left them there," Sierra's dad Chris told HLN.

Sierra did not have a car and relied on public transportation to get around, according to her brother.

As part of the investigation, police have been looking into Sierra’s bank accounts to determine if there has been any recent financial activity, her brother told HLN.

At this point, I'd like to know if the police are saying they suspect foul play or not.

I'd also like to know if she was in full uniform and if that includes dress heels/pumps, either when the supe last saw her, or especially when any airport video shows her walking out of the terminal. I don't know the terrain between the terminal and the water's edge, but if it's muddy or marshy there may be unique footprints.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2016/03/01/sierra-shields-missing

Nancy Grace picked up Sierra's story

Snip

Sierra, a flight attendant with Shuttle America for Delta and United Airlines flights, had been scheduled to work a flight that afternoon, but surveillance video shows her walking out instead, her parents told HLN.

"She had just arrived to work. She said hello to the ticket agent and then you see her exit the terminal," Sierra's mom Donna said.

Police have not released the surveillance video, but Sierra's parents say it shows the young flight attendant still in uniform, a knee-length navy blue dress, walking out of Terminal A by foot.

Sierra’s brother Chris was with police analyzing the video, and described it to HLN as “a three-second clip of her walking down a hallway and out a terminal door.”

Sierra also had a brief conversation with her supervisor at work that day, but something was different.

"Her supervisor noticed that she did not seem like her normal, happy self," Donna Shields added.

She didn't appear to be depressed but something was on her mind, her parents said.

Back at Sierra's apartment in Astoria, Queens, roommates discovered her wallet and cell phone were left behind.

"They didn’t know if she forgot them or just left them there," Sierra's dad Chris told HLN.

Sierra did not have a car and relied on public transportation to get around, according to her brother.

As part of the investigation, police have been looking into Sierra’s bank accounts to determine if there has been any recent financial activity, her brother told HLN.

BBM above

Can't help but think of Sierra...What was on her mind when she left the airport?

Pilot, named Bruce Wayne, accused of running brothels in Houston area
March 24, 2016

Snipped...
Authorities are accusing a United Airlines pilot of running brothels in the Houston area.

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/20...e-accused-of-running-brothels-in-houston-area

---------------------

Where is Sierra?

:candle:

Just over a year ago, my state of mind was a mess. Nobody really noticed that, they'd just note that I'd seem a bit "off". I would regularly leave my house with no personal items on me and just walk. The only reason I'd go back was because I had a dog to take care of at home. We're I living entirely alone, I don't think I'd have walked back. I just felt the need to escape from myself. Sometimes I'd walk for four or five hours at a time.
What I'm saying is, I understand how Sierra might be feeling. If she's feeling vulnerable and has no dependents at home, I could easily see her just leaving in an attempt to escape from herself. Considering the current environment, that could obviously have been a very dangerous thing to do. I think that looking at homeless communities would be an excellent place to start.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

In her conversation with her supervisor wasn't it reported that she had quit? If that was true and her sister was concerned enough about her to catch a flight to come check on her something big was going on. Why is there no more surveillance video? It's an airport for heavens sake, for security reasons shouldn't the perimeters all have video cams? Why hasn't the video of her walking out the door been released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really sounds like a mental illness situation with suicide (Strange behavior that is out of character, quitting her job). You can try to rationalize what goes through a suicidal persons mind and try to understand why they would do it but in the end you won't get that far. She had only been noticed acting strangely for about seven days but sometimes it doesn't take that long. Heck, a lot of suicidal or mentally ill people can hide their emotions very well, put up a mask. Maybe she had been doing that for a while but just got sick and tired of it. Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong and they find her safe and sound.

In her conversation with her supervisor wasn't it reported that she had quit? If that was true and her sister was concerned enough about her to catch a flight to come check on her something big was going on. Why is there no more surveillance video? It's an airport for heavens sake, for security reasons shouldn't the perimeters all have video cams? Why hasn't the video of her walking out the door been released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good questions! I feel something is not being shared , or someone deliberately gave misleading answers. Idk, can't put my finger on it but I always feel something is missing in this case.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...storia-flight-attendant-missing-since-january

Snip

There have been no new updates in Shield's disappearance, according to the NYPD.

Donna Shields says that while some members of the police have been helpful and communicative, she's been frustrated — particularly with the lead detective on the case, who she doesn't feel is being proactive enough.

"Why don't they hold a press conference and bring more attention to Sierra's case?" she said. "How do you go missing from an airport?"

The family is considering hiring a private investigator to assist in the search, they said.

Members of the public looking to help out are asked to share information about Shields on social media, and can also download missing persons fliers from the Facebook page Find Sierra Shields.

The Teamsters Union, of which Shields is a member, is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts.

"We just ask that if anyone has any information, to call 911, contact missing persons," her mother said. "Someone had to have seen Sierra."

I'm sure they might have done this already, but why don't they pull surveillance from every store and available location near her home, near her normal bus stop, near airport, etc.?

If the police have done this, show the videos, as someone in the public can maybe help!

Dozens of volunteers gathered on Ditmars Boulevard on April 23 to continue the search for Sierra Shields, the Astoria flight attendant who disappeared after leaving LaGuardia Airport on January 14.

Family and friends of the missing woman joined volunteers who replaced worn or faded “missing” posters on poles and in storefronts along Ditmars Boulevard. Volunteers also handed out flyers with Shields’ photo to shoppers and pedestrians on the busy commercial strip.

Family members said they are concerned about a lack of leads in Shields’ disappearance.

“We have so many questions and no answers,” Shields’ distraught mother said.

http://www.qgazette.com/news/2016-0..._Continue_Search_For_Missing_Astoria_Wom.html

This is such a heartbreaking story and my heart goes out to the family. I so strongly feel there's more to this story than the family has chosen to divulge. The sister and parents knew that something was wrong just by Sierra's demeanor and voice enough to be concerned to enough to make a trip to Queens to check on her. I could completely understand if Sierra lived alone, but she had roommates. Also, unless there were pre- existing conditions like depression, anxiety or maybe a prior episode of a mental breakdown, a failed suicide - this would be a cause for alarm from the family to take a trip to check on Sierra's welfare. On Facebook I've seen people complaining about law enforcement not following this case close enough and not giving it enough exposure, but the reality is this probably is not a criminal case based on the minimal clues left behind. This appears to be a case where an adult chose to walk away at their own free will, which is not against the law and every adult has the right to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back