Found Deceased NY - Sierra Shields, 30, Queens, 14 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just reviewed everything over the past couple of hours. In interviews, she is described as "distracted." She disconnected the final phone call with her family. She wanted them to know something was wrong; and they did. Her mother said she laughed (I think it could be "left," but I ran it back a few times and heard "laughed" clearly) after putting her work stuff on her supervisor's desk. Then she "left" without explaining the reason why she was leaving. They can't find video of her leaving the airport, they say. Unfortunately, the best scenario I can see is that she departed her home specifically to go turn in her work stuff, and she might have deliberately left her phone, purse, etc. at home. She perhaps intended to quit as a final statement of some sort before making some kind of big change. She was not waiting around to complain about something she experienced at work. She wanted to wrap up that compartment of her life. She wanted her coworkers to know something was wrong.

I get the sense, with no supporting information whatsoever, that she might be gay; but I could be completely wrong about that. She was studying for a master's degree in religion, and her family seems extremely religious. [They seem like a great family as well.] At LaGuardia, a lot of bad possibilities exist from there (East River, airliner wheel wells are two that come to mind)...or somewhere else nearby. Or, maybe she met someone there and flew off under an assumed name, intending to disappear.

Whatever the case, the detectives are doing exactly what I have complained about in every case I've commented about here, EXCEPT for the "Hannah Graham" case: They have a "Complete silence-Fool the public first" or "Don't tip off the perp (even if there's no perp)" rule related to public information sharing. They said it's an "open-active-ongoing investigation," etc. Now, if that works within a few weeks it's fine with me. Let them hide everything. When it doesn't work after a few months have passed, I don't get it. It's like they're saying "We don't know for sure, but you sure as hell aren't going to know as much as us" mentality. They're waiting around to be a part of a cold-case show in the future. They should have a press conference and at least review potential locations to ask the public with help as an extra pair of eyes whenever they happen to be at or around LaGuardia (or wherever they think based on their best available theory).

Is that accurate that her supervisor is a woman? And/or does she have more than one supervisor?

Human remains found near Rikers Island identified as missing flight attendant

THE BRONX, N.Y. -- Human remains found washed up on Rikers Island Thursday have been identified as Sierra Shields, a flight attendant from Queens who went missing in January, according to a spokeswoman for the city's medical officer.

Shields, 30, was last seen around noon on Jan. 14 at LaGuardia Airport where she had just finished speaking to her supervisor. She reportedly quit her job and then left the airport.

Shields was scheduled to fly later that day, but never made the flight and has not been seen since. Her phone and wallet were found at her apartment.

The grisly discovery was made along the rocky coast on the west side of the jail by Department of Correction staffers, a source said.

The cause and manner of death are pending further studies.

Aw [emoji22] Rest in peace, Sierra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No!!! I guess I knew it. At least her family can have some closure.

Sierra seemed like a beautiful person.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Google tells me that this is a 16 minute drive, and an hour and a half transit or walking. Just FYI, if anyone was curious like myself.

Google tells me that this is a 16 minute drive, and an hour and a half transit or walking. Just FYI, if anyone was curious like myself.

Is it a public bridge?

Tragic. Condolences to her lovely family and friends who miss her so very much. Rest in peace Dear Sierra. You were loved by many.

Wow after 8 months ... I didn't expect this. So sorry for her family! RIP Sierra!

Can't help but notice she was found only appr. 10 miles from where Karina Vetrano was murdered.

:rose: RIP Sierra :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back