NY NY - Sneha Ann Philip, 31, New York City, 10 Sep 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wild Blue was a popular breakfast spot as well. If she was in WTC for breakfast she could have been there and not at the conference breakfast.

Short of a DNA solve confirming she died at the WTC, I agree this will be unsolved. Even with a DNA solve, lots will never be known.
Yes, Wild Blue is the restaurant that they have verified the patrons, although I do not have a link, that has been widely reported. Jmo

Yes, Wild Blue is the restaurant that they have verified the patrons, although I do not have a link, that has been widely reported. Jmo
I'm not sure if the Wild Blue guests were verified or if was just the WOTW guests. Wild Blue was was on 106th and WOTW was on the 106th and 107th floors. I know when the victims called they were in a large group on the 106th floor, which is where the kitchens and conference spaces were.

I'm not sure if the Wild Blue guests were verified or if was just the WOTW guests. Wild Blue was was on 106th and WOTW was on the 106th and 107th floors. I know when the victims called they were in a large group on the 106th floor, which is where the kitchens and conference spaces were.
If she was in Wild Blue, then she couldn't have been the woman in the hotel lobby video, agreed?

It's hard to pick one of the prevailing theories with this case. They all have their pros and cons.

I tend to go with 'the met with foul play on the night of 9/10' theory slightly more as the timeline runs out after the trip to the 'Century 21' store at 5.00pm. There was not a confirmed sighting after this time, to the best of my knowledge.

What happened after that is anyone's guess.

It's hard to pick one of the prevailing theories with this case. They all have their pros and cons.

I tend to go with 'the met with foul play on the night of 9/10' theory slightly more as the timeline runs out after the trip to the 'Century 21' store at 5.00pm. There was not a confirmed sighting after this time, to the best of my knowledge.

What happened after that is anyone's guess.
As @GatorFL mentioned, it would be great to see the video from the apartment lobby. I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to tell with certainty whether the woman was Sneha, but I'd still like to be able to make up my own mind.
Knowing that she was facing criminal charges, and that her medical career was essentially over, and that she might have been lesbian or bisexual, and that she purchased bed linens and then took them someplace other than home, I think that she may have disappeared voluntarily. If she did, she had help. Of THAT I have no doubt.

As I mentioned in a previous post, this SP case has really gotten under my skin. In a way, it's representative of all of the families who still haven't gotten definitive confirmation that their loved one(s) perished in the 9/11 attacks. And, this is one of the few specific cases we're hearing about.

I do think SP perished in the attacks. That's definitely the most plausible explanation. I do think it's possible that she was trying to escape her life right before the attacks, but - due to the timing - I don't think she had time to leave the city before the morning of 9/11.

As I mentioned in a previous post, this SP case has really gotten under my skin. In a way, it's representative of all of the families who still haven't gotten definitive confirmation that their loved one(s) perished in the 9/11 attacks. And, this is one of the few specific cases we're hearing about.

I do think SP perished in the attacks. That's definitely the most plausible explanation. I do think it's possible that she was trying to escape her life right before the attacks, but - due to the timing - I don't think she had time to leave the city before the morning of 9/11.
If she was planning an escape, the PI and the NYPD could not find one trace of her doing so in her computer and her banking records.

Why must we assume that Sneha went into the towers in order to have died from the 9/11 attacks? There are plenty of unidentified victims who were just in the vicinity of the impact, correct?

Why must we assume that Sneha went into the towers in order to have died from the 9/11 attacks? There are plenty of unidentified victims who were just in the vicinity of the impact, correct?
The prevailing thought is that those on the ground were removed before the collapse.

The prevailing thought is that those on the ground were removed before the collapse.
I agree with @GatorFL on that. However, no one is making the assumption that she must have been in the building to have been a 9/11 victim. There are other possibilities, but they're remote. For instance, there were some victims in an adjacent hotel—but not many, and I haven't heard specifically whether any of them remain unidentified or whether any of the known occupants of the hotel are among the missing.

Law enforcement had cleared the area around the buildings, so aside from first responders, there shouldn't have any people around the perimeter of the Twin Towers unless they were evacuating the towers or nearby buildings. Theoretically, a few people could have snuck into the area in defiance of law enforcement, but not many would have done so, if any.

There are 1.106 known or suspected victims whose remains have not been identified. Many of those are victims whose remains were burned too badly to extract DNA (at least with 2001 technology), and quite a few of those are thought to have been on the planes themselves or on the floors that were hit by the planes, where there were intense fires caused by the jet fuel. Some remains may have been completely cremated. Fires continued to burn for quite a while, so any victim in any location could have been incinerated, but it stands to reason that any victims from outside of the buildings stood a better chance of being found and identified.

So it would take a confluence of several improbably events for Sneha to have been killed outside of the buildings and to have remained unidentified. She would have had to be near the buildings even though nothing places her at the scene, she would have had to have been in an area where no one was allowed to be, and she would have had to have remained unidentified despite being in an area where remains had a better chance of being recovered and identified than those on the upper floors of the floors of the buildings.

There are reasons why the 9/11 commission initially resisted adding her to the list of victims.

I agree with @GatorFL on that. However, no one is making the assumption that she must have been in the building to have been a 9/11 victim. There are other possibilities, but they're remote. For instance, there were some victims in an adjacent hotel—but not many, and I haven't heard specifically whether any of them remain unidentified or whether any of the known occupants of the hotel are among the missing.

Law enforcement had cleared the area around the buildings, so aside from first responders, there shouldn't have any people around the perimeter of the Twin Towers unless they were evacuating the towers or nearby buildings. Theoretically, a few people could have snuck into the area in defiance of law enforcement, but not many would have done so, if any.

There are 1.106 known or suspected victims whose remains have not been identified. Many of those are victims whose remains were burned too badly to extract DNA (at least with 2001 technology), and quite a few of those are thought to have been on the planes themselves or on the floors that were hit by the planes, where there were intense fires caused by the jet fuel. Some remains may have been completely cremated. Fires continued to burn for quite a while, so any victim in any location could have been incinerated, but it stands to reason that any victims from outside of the buildings stood a better chance of being found and identified.

So it would take a confluence of several improbably events for Sneha to have been killed outside of the buildings and to have remained unidentified. She would have had to be near the buildings even though nothing places her at the scene, she would have had to have been in an area where no one was allowed to be, and she would have had to have remained unidentified despite being in an area where remains had a better chance of being recovered and identified than those on the upper floors of the floors of the buildings.

There are reasons why the 9/11 commission initially resisted adding her to the list of victims.
i think i read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that there were actually 3 separate checkpoints one would have to pass in order to get to the WTC in the hours following the attacks. so SP would have had to have either been inside the north tower when it was hit OR she would have had to arrive on the scene immediately following AA 11 being flown into the north tower as to avoid any sort of perimeter that was set up later on

if she did die at the WTC that day, it was either because she didn't make it out of the building or because she was on the ground assisting and died during the collapse

<modsnip - not an approved source>
While it's possible that she could have been assisting, no one seems to remember her being there. Most of the medical personnel who were assisting did survive, so you'd think someone would have remembered seeing Sneha if Sneha had been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's possible that she could have been assisting, no one seems to remember her being there. Most of the medical personnel who were assisting did survive, so you'd think someone would have remembered seeing Sneha if Sneha had been there.
are you referring to the medical personnel on the ground? i agree that if she had been on the ground assisting there would have had to have been at least someone who would've recognized her considering how many people were in the area

now if she had gone into the building to try and get people out that's a whole different story

are you referring to the medical personnel on the ground? i agree that if she had been on the ground assisting there would have had to have been at least someone who would've recognized her considering how many people were in the area

now if she had gone into the building to try and get people out that's a whole different story
I cannot fathom her having gone into a building to get people out, and I very much doubt that the first responders on the scene would have allowed her to assist in that way.

I cannot fathom her having gone into a building to get people out, and I very much doubt that the first responders on the scene would have allowed her to assist in that way.
I posted the article because I do believes it gives credibility to the possibility that she was there assisting.

I posted the article because I do believes it gives credibility to the possibility that she was there assisting.
The article doesn't say that he entered the towers, but he might have since he helped guide two injured women to safety. But he was noticed by others and even captured on video; Sneha wasn't.

It is plausible that Sneha could have been assisting at ground zero, but there's no evidence that she was.

This is where I am on the various scenarios:
Voluntary disappearance (with help from someone): 60%
Died at ground zero, either assisting or because she already there: 20%
Met with foul play unrelated to the terrorist attacks: 10%
Accidental death unrelated to the terrorist attacks: 5%
Suicide: 5%

i don't really buy into the "she died at the WTC" theory, but her going into the building to help get people out and eventually getting trapped inside makes a lot more sense to me than "she was on the ground assisting and died during the collapse"

mainly because there was no one on the ground who verified she was ever there

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back