NY NY - Sneha Ann Philip, 31, New York City, 10 Sep 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also work in healthcare and have seen many, many nurses and doctors undergo substance abuse treatment. You get a much shorter leash to deal with these issue when you are still a resident.

I think we are arguing semantics. In a residency, a “bad doctor” can easily be defined as showing up late, documenting poorly or not at all and accusing a co-worker, senior, well-respected doctor with an impeccable record, of sexual harassment so loudly and vehemently that she is arrested for filing a false police report. All of these are documented in court records.

She was complicated. She was likely brilliant but also struggling and difficult.
I'm actually not arguing semantics on whether she had issues or not, because she clearly did. IMO, she had issues and did some stupid things but those had no bearing on her skills as a doctor. Nor would they have had any bearing on her willingness to help out victims at Ground Zero.

I guess in my head, like Det. Stark, if it was her in the lobby video, she likely ran to help and perished.

She wasn't terminated, she was non renewed and that is a substantial difference. She immediately got another residency as well.

It isn't substantially different. In residency, you match for the entirety of the training (with the exception of a few specialties in which you do one year in general/internal medicine then the rest of your years in a specialty). If your contract is not renewed, it means that you are terminated. This isn't a regular job. It's like a required apprenticeship. Contract non-renewal = termination.

Last edited:
I paid for the entire court transcript of the appellate case because I wanted to learn what testimony was given which caused them to rule her a 9/11 victim. It is much more expansive than the final ruling, of course, because it includes all of the testimony given in this case.

They relied on preponderance of evidence which is why they ruled the way that they did. I'll paraphrase the testimony. There was zero evidence she died on 9/10. The NYPD was adamant her body would have been found if she had. There was also zero evidence, and in fact evidence to the contrary, of her fleeing and pulling a gone girl. The evidence was that she was a medical doctor, that she was thought to be nearby Ground Zero, and that some civilians were let in as first responders. Her personal issues were considered hearsay and Bogatin also downplayed her issues as minor. Even the NYPD testified she likely died there, in spite of all the drama from the family.

Here's the kicker on DNA. She might have already been ID'ed and we don't know. Last year a couple of people were ID'ed through DNA and one of the families declined to release the name of the deceased.
Well, we know the family that declined to release the name of the deceased definitely wasn't Sneha's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back