NY NY - Steven Damman, 2, East Meadow, 31 Oct 1955

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did a search on this child (disappeared in 1955) and didn't find anything. If there is a thread, please feel free to delete this.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7861320&page=1

This 2 year old disappeared from Long Island NY. The article is interesting and the man claims he started searching for his real family after him "Mom" told him things about himself when she was in the hospital.

<snip>

Barnes' search for the people who could be his biological family began last fall when he was apparently told something by the woman who'd raised him, Greer told ABCNews.com.

Greer said that in a phone call to Pamela Horne, Barnes said his mother was in the hospital and on medication when she blurted out the information that started his search. Barnes looked intomissing children that matched his description. That's when he found the Damman family.

On Oct. 31, 1955, Steven Damman was nearly 3 years old when he and his baby sister, Pamela, disappeared from a sidewalk outside a Long Island store while their mother was inside.

Pamela, then about 7 months old, was found by a family friend in her carriage around the corner from the store. Steven was never seen again. The family eventually moved from Long Island to the Midwest. Their parents divorced and their father, Jerry Damman, remarried.

This is another article about the boys father:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=7851668

Jerry Damman and his wife, Charlotte — who is not Stephen Damman's mother — said they believe the Michigan man might have stopped by their farm last fall.

The missing child's sister also got a visit from the same man, they said. "She looked at this guy, and he looked like Jerry," Charlotte Damman said.

I hope this man and this family get the answers they deserve!

The DNA test ruled out the match, IIRC.

Darn about the dna results and thank you very much. I copied the spelling from the article, but you are so right that I misspelled the name! Apologies! It is Damman.

Darn about the dna results and thank you very much. I copied the spelling from the article, but you are so right that I misspelled the name! Apologies! It is Damman.

I'm still happy that you made the original post, Sunnie. I hadn't heard about the Damman case (or the boy in the box). I'm sure his loved ones are thinking about him tonight. I wish the boy in the box could be given back his proper name and put to rest.

While looking up info on Steven, I found a report from '56 of a young boy found (alive and well) at an AZ gas station who was at first thought to be a match for Steven. After investigating, it was discovered he had been abandoned there by his parents because he was mildly retarded and the parents didn't want to care for him. As inconceivable as it is to us, these things have been happening for a long time...
May I please ask if you or someone still have the information on that little boy found.

Bumping this missing child case up. On Halloween, Steven will be missing for 57 years.

This story fascinates me. He could eb alive somewhere! I worry about the kidney treatment he was undergoing. Would the kidnappers pickup on that?? I hope he is ok.

The Saturday Evening Post of June 9, 1956, had a story about Steven Damman by his mother, Marilyn Damman, as told to Jimmy Breslin...
IMG_1224.jpg

This neighbor talks about living next door to the Damman family in 1955, and mentions ten seconds into the video that her address was at 35 (?) Mitchell Avenue...
[video=youtube;_okYLrgXBEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_okYLrgXBEI[/video]

Saturday Evening Post (June 9, 1956)
In front of their home.
The address on the door on the left is 35 (where the neighbor in the above video lived?).
The address on the door on the right is 37.
IMG_1227.jpg

In front of the Food Fair grocery store at the Mitchell Manor Shopping Center, East Meadow, New York.
The Food Fair building is no longer there, but was located approximately at
1530 Front St, East Meadow, NY 11554
Note the baby carriages that other customers still were leaving in front of the store.
This is possibly where Steven Damman was left and last seen...
IMG_1232.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back