NY NY - Steven Damman, 2, East Meadow, 31 Oct 1955

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If this guy is really Steven Damman, then gosh--this case really gives hope to the parents of so many missing children.

but...lol
He was obviously not expecting the reporter.

This man's name is John Robert Barnes. But I'm trying to find more info on what he says about his upbringing and why he considered to look to the internet and question his childhood & such. He currently resides in Kalkaska, Michigan.

Holy crow, the resemblance is really amazing.

**fingers crossed** on this one!

comparisonofdadandson1n.gif

http://img30.imageshack.us/i/comparisonofdadandson1x.gif/

stephendammanbabypicn.gif

SORRY 1st time I've ever posted a pic like that... not sure how to make it better.
The above is 2 pictures of John Barnes (aka? Steven Damman) & the middle is the father (Jerry Damman)

There is definitely a resemblance between John and Jerry. I can't wait to hear how this all plays out!

Wow, I can definitely see the resemblance in the baby picture and him as an adult. I hope his biological mother is still alive for the reunion. And I hope somebody in his 'adoptive' family is still around to answer how he ended up with them.

I totally agree. He DOES look like the baby picture, and I think he resembles the dad, too.

I am sure he is on pins and needles waiting for the DNA results. Just looking at the pictures, I'd have to say I'm expecting the answer to be "yep, you're Stephen."

He sounds pretty neutral when talking about his "mom" but I don't think this poor man had a good relationship with his "dad" Just the way he says he always knew he didn't belong to that father.

I think it's interesting that at one point this case was linked to the boy in the box.....

If it is him, I hope that Marilyn Damman (since she has been reported as being ailing and/or in a nursing home) still has her mental faculties about her enough to realize what's happened. I can't imagine anything worse than to live long enough to see your baby come home after 50 years, but not be able to realize your dream has finally come true because of Alzheimer's or dementia.

All of this talk of old photos and not fitting in reminds me of when I was a kid. I look nothing like my mother at all, and I was always the odd one out. Everyone in my family loves hot desert weather, but I always loved stories like The Ice Queen, and I was always convinced that I'd been switched at birth with a Norwegian child or something. It didn't help that people were always asking if my mother was my "real" mother, since we look nothing alike, so I thought maybe they knew something I didn't. Finally one day, when I was asking her for the millionth time, "But are you my real mother?" she went to a box of photos and rummaged around until she found an old, beat-up B&W photo of her, sitting on a merry-go-round horse, and pregnant as all get-out. And even then, my only response was apparently, "That just shows that you were pregnant. How do I know it's me in there?" My poor mom--she must have gotten so tired of hearing the "real mom" thing over and over, just because I look more like my dad. (Or maybe something fishy's going on and I should question her further! Hmmm... *shifty eyes*)

This is really fascinating. From the DNA test with his sister and the uncanny photos I really believe John is likely Stephen. The mother who raised him and told him he was kidnapped when she was on her death bed is deceased... but where is the father who raised him? If John is proven to be Stephen I hope the kidnapper father is still alive so justice can be served.

This is really fascinating. From the DNA test with his sister and the uncanny photos I really believe John is likely Stephen. The mother who raised him and told him he was kidnapped when she was on her death bed is deceased... but where is the father who raised him? If John is proven to be Stephen I hope the kidnapper father is still alive so justice can be served.

If this is proven to be tru I doubt they will prosecute him at his age.
I would hope perhaps they could threaten with prosecution unless he tells the truth about how he came to raise this child.

Hope this turns out for John/Stephen and helps him resolve issues that may be related.

If this is proven to be tru I doubt they will prosecute him at his age.
I would hope perhaps they could threaten with prosecution unless he tells the truth about how he came to raise this child.

Hope this turns out for John/Stephen and helps him resolve issues that may be related.

I disagree OkGrace... they're prosecuting the grandpa that kidnapped the Basking children. They found the kids alive well into adulthood and Grandpa awaiting trial. He's about 78+

I disagree OkGrace... they're prosecuting the grandpa that kidnapped the Basking children. They found the kids alive well into adulthood and Grandpa awaiting trial. He's about 78+

I thought Marvin Maple just got four years probation?

OMG! He has got to be their son. He even still favors his baby pictures.

If it is him then it will renew the hopes of other parents who have missing children of their own.

imo

I thought Marvin Maple just got four years probation?

Well that's just plain insane. I didn't know he was allowed to plead out? WTH message is that? Okay to ruin everyone's lives like it's no big deal... then oopps well 4 years prob. behave and all is well. :mad:

(TY Mr. E for posting... didn't know)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back