NY NY - Steven Damman, 2, East Meadow, 31 Oct 1955

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What if this was a case like those of Georgia Tann, where she had babies stolen and sold "adopted" to other families? Just a thought...

Just read your post Trino - that makes sense. I don't know much about strollers circa 1950. I wonder if the straps in the strollers showed any signs of tampering?
I have pics of myself in the early 1950's in my stroller. You wouldn't believe what contraptions those things were. Made of metal, the kind that will rust over time and NO straps to hold the child.

I don't even think strollers (the "pram" kind) even had straps - I think they were still the buggy sort in the 1950s.
Pram is a British term. It's what we called a baby buggy. Strollers were different. Still are.

Well that's just plain insane. I didn't know he was allowed to plead out? WTH message is that? Okay to ruin everyone's lives like it's no big deal... then oopps well 4 years prob. behave and all is well. :mad:

(TY Mr. E for posting... didn't know)

Yeah, I couldn't believe it, either. That and their refusal to speak to their parents -- it's just a slap in the face. I don't even think they've contacted their brother, but I've stopped following it, so who knows.

I think it would be great if John is Steven, but I am reserved.

I just saw the slideshow pics on Yahoo, but didn't bring the link. I don't think he looks like the man who raised him at all, but actually looks like both the people who lost the little boy years ago. He looks just like that baby pic. I hope it's him, and if not, I hope he's able to figure out why he feels the way he does.

It has to be him... he had private DNA testing with the sister of the missing boy and they were found to be relatives. THey are just waiting for the legal DNA test and confirmation.

Interestingly, I read somewhere that the father of the kidnapped boy, and the man who raised the man thinking his Steven, were both in the service. Barnes (man who raised man claiming to be Steven) said he was born at a military hospital in FL.

My theory - mother who raised alleged kidnap victim, had child, father in servie and gone. Something happened, boy dies. She freaks out as husband due home, she kidnaps boy about same age. Hubby comes home, suspects nothing, they move on his next assignment. Have daughter, and think all is well. Just my hunch.

I agree, the mothers story was always alittle odd!
One of the articles said that the man and Pamela have had their DNA checked privately, and that the DNA said that they are probably related. Now the FBI is checking their DNA. Maybe this private DNA test is the information that makes the father think it is probably his son?

I hope it is. I always thought Steven Damman was probably dead. I never really trusted the mother's story. If he is, it is a bittersweet ending. Good that his father is still alive; sad that they've missed so much of his life.

In this article he states how different his Barnes siblings look from him. Interestingly he doesn't address the info his Barnes sister said about him, which is that he looks like Richard Barnes Sr. Yet without a picture of Richard Barnes Sr., we can't really compare. Do you think the Barnes sister is bluffing about taking a DNA test?

http://www.freep.com/article/20090617/NEWS06/90617027

When you compare the baby pictures with the current photo they eyes do seem the same. I would love for this to be him. Mainly because I would love to believe some of those missing children are being raised by people who just really wanted children of their own. I wonder if he has baby pictures of himself from his family that raised him? If I couldn't find any pictures of myself before the age of 2 or my 2 year old photos looked like the ones of the child kidnapped then that says alot.

Ok, I just saw a news blurb about the man, and they quickly showed a pic of him and the father, and they do look like a father and son that resemble each other.

I hope this is really Damman...

For anyone watching, Goodmorning America is fixing to do a segment on this...

the sister may be perfectly willing to take a DNA test, not knowing he was kidnapped. (if he is stephen)

my poor kids couldn't say they were adopted/kidnapped. i have pics of myself at 2 and them at 2 and we all look alike. lol my oldest use to show people the pic of me at 2 and when they said something about it being her she'd tell them it was me. people that were around when i was growing up still call her by my name...thinking its me instead.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090616/US.50.Years.Missing/

"I'm his dad," John's father, Richard Barnes, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. He replied, "No, no," when asked by a reporter whether he had kidnapped John Barnes. He called the notion "a bunch of foolishness."
Cheryl Barnes, Richard's daughter, said she was "flabbergasted" by John's claims and was willing to undergo DNA testing to prove they are biological siblings.
"I can't begin to know why he would think this," said Cheryl Barnes, 50. "Everybody in my family thinks John looks just like my dad."

Richard Barnes is retired and lives in a rural subdivision just eight miles from his son, although the two have not talked in about a year. Richard Barnes said his son was born in a Navy hospital in Pensacola, Fla., on Aug. 18, 1955.
"We brought him home two days later, and he's never been out of our sight," the elder Barnes said, referring to John's childhood.
Cheryl Barnes, who lives with her father, said John had never been close to the rest of the family and previously had suggested he'd been switched at birth.
"He wanted to be by himself, do his own thing, be a loner," she said. "I feel bad for him that he feels this way. I feel bad for my dad. This is going to leave a lasting scar on him."

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090616/US.50.Years.Missing/

"I'm his dad," John's father, Richard Barnes, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. He replied, "No, no," when asked by a reporter whether he had kidnapped John Barnes. He called the notion "a bunch of foolishness."
Cheryl Barnes, Richard's daughter, said she was "flabbergasted" by John's claims and was willing to undergo DNA testing to prove they are biological siblings.
"I can't begin to know why he would think this," said Cheryl Barnes, 50. "Everybody in my family thinks John looks just like my dad."

Richard Barnes is retired and lives in a rural subdivision just eight miles from his son, although the two have not talked in about a year. Richard Barnes said his son was born in a Navy hospital in Pensacola, Fla., on Aug. 18, 1955.
"We brought him home two days later, and he's never been out of our sight," the elder Barnes said, referring to John's childhood.
Cheryl Barnes, who lives with her father, said John had never been close to the rest of the family and previously had suggested he'd been switched at birth.
"He wanted to be by himself, do his own thing, be a loner," she said. "I feel bad for him that he feels this way. I feel bad for my dad. This is going to leave a lasting scar on him."

Ya know, I could understand the sister, Cheryl, being so adamant that this was truly her brother IF she was OLDER than John/Stephen; however, it appears that she is at least 7 years YOUNGER than John/Stephen. How could she possibly know FOR SURE that he really IS her brother?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back