GUILTY NY - Suspicious device found near President Bill Clinton and Hillary’s Home, Chappaqua, Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This should not become a circus discussion of political ideology. This was obviously a very sick individual who, on his own initiative, sent bombs, intentionally to people he wanted to kill. He is obviously out to lunch, a few kits short of a caboodle, whatever analogy you like...the good news is that no one was injured, and he is captured. Kudos to LEO, who really demonstrated interagency cooperation in this situation, and that is a ginormous quantum leap in how well various agencies came together here, fantastic.

No, this is political terrorism. The motive was political. Trying to deny the facts does nothing but make the issue worse

Not at all sir. Just replying to your comment. I apologize if I came off as anything by using facts and citing facts.
Well try not to confuse what I said.

This should not become a circus discussion of political ideology. This was obviously a very sick individual who, on his own initiative, sent bombs, intentionally to people he wanted to kill. He is obviously out to lunch, a few kits short of a caboodle, whatever analogy you like...the good news is that no one was injured, and he is captured. Kudos to LEO, who really demonstrated interagency cooperation in this situation, and that is a ginormous quantum leap in how well various agencies came together here, fantastic.

I'm not as quick to believe Cesar Sayoc is "out to lunch". Criminal? Yes. The man made assassination attempts on two ex-Presidents! That doesn't necessarily mean he's mentally ill.

Interesting. I disagree with your "right wing = out of touch" assessment, but an interesting viewpoint to share here.
That's why I wanted Wagtales to answer the question. So I could understand better.

Suspect who mailed explosive devices to Trump critics pleads guilty, avoids trial

The Florida man charged with mailing explosive devices to critics of President Donald Trump pleaded guilty Thursday before a federal judge in New York.

Cesar Sayoc Jr. was scheduled to go on trial this summer on charges including interstate transport of explosive devices, illegal mailing of explosives, threatening former presidents and assaulting federal officers. Sayoc was facing up to 58 years in prison.

'They were never meant to work or hurt anybody': 'MAGA bomber' writes to judge | Daily Mail Online

Cesar Sayoc, 57, wrote a note to the judge in New York to clarify his position having answered yes to a question during his plea hearing over whether he knew his devices would hurt his targets.

In his letter Sayoc claims: 'In my heart I wanted to say no.' He added: 'I answered under extreme emotional circumstances.'

Sayoc's letter from March 23 to U.S. District Judge Jed S. Rakoff was made public Tuesday and will impact Sayoc's guilty plea he entered two weeks ago regarding the October 2018 mailings.

In an order, Rakoff gave lawyers a week to comment.

During the plea proceedings two weeks ago, Rakoff asked Sayoc if he knew the devices would hurt anyone.

In his handwritten letter, Sayoc said his lawyer told him to say yes.

He said he was returned to the Metropolitan Correctional Center, where he reconsidered his answer.

'I realized that it was the wrong thing to say, because under no circumstances my intent was to hurt or harm anyone. The intention was to only intimidate and scare,' he wrote.

Sayoc faces life in prison at sentencing on September 12 after pleading guilty to various explosives-related crimes in a deal with prosecutors.

[...]

'They were never meant to work or hurt anybody': 'MAGA bomber' writes to judge | Daily Mail Online

Cesar Sayoc, 57, wrote a note to the judge in New York to clarify his position having answered yes to a question during his plea hearing over whether he knew his devices would hurt his targets.

In his letter Sayoc claims: 'In my heart I wanted to say no.' He added: 'I answered under extreme emotional circumstances.'

Sayoc's letter from March 23 to U.S. District Judge Jed S. Rakoff was made public Tuesday and will impact Sayoc's guilty plea he entered two weeks ago regarding the October 2018 mailings.

In an order, Rakoff gave lawyers a week to comment.

During the plea proceedings two weeks ago, Rakoff asked Sayoc if he knew the devices would hurt anyone.

In his handwritten letter, Sayoc said his lawyer told him to say yes.

He said he was returned to the Metropolitan Correctional Center, where he reconsidered his answer.

'I realized that it was the wrong thing to say, because under no circumstances my intent was to hurt or harm anyone. The intention was to only intimidate and scare,' he wrote.

Sayoc faces life in prison at sentencing on September 12 after pleading guilty to various explosives-related crimes in a deal with prosecutors.

[...]

Terrorism like this deserves death pentalty.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/23/maga-bomber-sayoc-compares-first-trump-rally-to-new-found-fun-drug/

The man who mailed homemade pipe bombs to media outlets and critics of President Trump said in a rambling letter to a federal judge that attending his first rally for the president was like a “new found fun drug.”

Cesar Sayoc, 57, who faces 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to sending the crude explosives, also claimed in the letter made public on Tuesday that he has abused steroids for more than 40 years.

Sayoc wrote that he was not politically-involved until “Donald J. Trump popped up” while he was searching Facebook one day.

“I was getting so wrapped up in this new found fun drug,” he said in one handwritten letter about attending a 2016 rally for Trump’s presidential campaign.

He now calls politics “dirty, ruthless, deadly.”

“It is a poison,” the man wrote. “It will drive you crazy like it or not.”

https://nypost.com/2019/04/23/maga-bomber-sayoc-compares-first-trump-rally-to-new-found-fun-drug/

The man who mailed homemade pipe bombs to media outlets and critics of President Trump said in a rambling letter to a federal judge that attending his first rally for the president was like a “new found fun drug.”

Cesar Sayoc, 57, who faces 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to sending the crude explosives, also claimed in the letter made public on Tuesday that he has abused steroids for more than 40 years.

Sayoc wrote that he was not politically-involved until “Donald J. Trump popped up” while he was searching Facebook one day.

“I was getting so wrapped up in this new found fun drug,” he said in one handwritten letter about attending a 2016 rally for Trump’s presidential campaign.

He now calls politics “dirty, ruthless, deadly.”

“It is a poison,” the man wrote. “It will drive you crazy like it or not.”

He admits who and where he was radicalized. Very important, very telling. There seems to be more and more and more and more people with the same story hitting the news with their violence. The Maga bomber, The white supremecist coast guard, parkland shooter, MAGA sword attacker, Christchurch shooter, The charlottesville murdering nazi, Maga man attacking BBC cameraman.

Why nothing.

Lawyers For Trump ‘Super Fan’ Cesar Sayoc Say Trump’s Rhetoric Inspired Terrorist Plot On Democrats

Sayoc, his attorneys wrote in a sentencing memo filed in federal court in New York on Monday, was a Trump “super fan” and “began to consider Democrats as not just dangerous in theory, but imminently and seriously dangerous to his personal safety.”

“President Trump did nothing to dissuade this message,” they write. Their filing cites Trump’s Twitter attacks on the figures Sayoc targeted.

Sayoc was a Trump fan before the reality television host ran for president, and viewed him as “everything he wanted to be: self-made, successful, and a ‘playboy,’” his attorneys wrote.

But Sayoc “began watching Fox News religiously,” started following political news on Facebook and and “threw himself into” Trump’s campaign once he announced his candidacy because he “came to view Trump as a personal champion—someone who had helped him through the most difficult periods of his life and who could do the same for other people across the country.”

Lawyers For Trump 'Super Fan' Cesar Sayoc Say Trump's Rhetoric Inspired Terrorist Plot On Democrats | HuffPost

NEW YORK – Cesar Sayoc, the troubled Florida drifter who mailed 16 crudely improvised explosive packages to critics of President Donald Trump, faces sentencing Monday for a domestic terrorism spree that sparked a nationwide scare last year.

U.S. District Court Judge Jed Rakoff is set to impose punishment on Sayoc, 62, for the targeting of former president Barack Obama, former vice president Joe Biden, former secretary of State Hillary Clinton, actor-director Robert De Niro, cable TV network CNN and others.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan have called for life imprisonment. They cited Sayoc's history of prior arrests and characterized him in a sentencing memorandum as failing to fully accept responsibility and express remorse.

Federal defenders assigned to represent the virtually penniless defendant have asked for a lenient, 10-year prison term that would give Sayoc hope that he would not die behind bars.

Pipe bomb mailer Cesar Sayoc faces sentencing in terror spree that targeted Trump critics

Cesar Sayoc, who sent pipe bombs to prominent Democrats, sentenced to 20 years

Aug 5, 2019

"(CNN)Cesar Sayoc, who plead guilty to sending pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and CNN, was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison followed by five years of supervised release.

Charged with 65 felony counts, Sayoc, 57, faced between 121 months and life in prison. US District Judge Jed Rakoff decided that Sayoc's failure to create bombs that would detonate and harm his targets was "a conscious choice."...

"I am beyond so very sorry for what I did," Sayoc said when given the opportunity to address the court at his sentencing hearing.

"Now that I am a sober man, I know I was a very sick man. I should have listened to my mother, the love of my life. She told me to get help," he told the court.

Though he referred to enduring a sexual assault at a Catholic boarding school and having dyslexia, phobias and PTSD, he also said he "fully" accepted responsibility for his actions.

"I am so very sorry to all the victims ... I will be apologizing to them for the rest of my life," he told the court...."

Cesar Sayoc: Man who plead guilty to sending pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and CNN, sentenced to 20 years in prison. - CNN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back