NY NY - Tatjana Tarasovna Lupach, 27, Brooklyn, 24 Jan 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for all you have shared, I think you have done well preparing to update NAMUS, contacting police in New York, submitting your DNA and connecting with supportive people through the Facebook page you created for your Mother. You have mentioned there may be a possibility that your Mother has memory difficulties ... that she may have lost memory of her family... if this did happen she may have needed help in her day to day life and become connected with a community or agency that would provide life skills, shelter, medical care, social and recreational activities ... it might be helpful to look for those types of services in New York.

Dear Jaanniss, thanks for your reply and for your advice.

I think she's been promised something and then she was deceived, and then once she realized that she's been deceived, after a major stress she could possibly loose her memory as she was very emotional. I would be happy to check out all the shelters, medical care centers and other places you've mentioned - is there any list of this places I can find and go through them, or database I can use, or I just have to search this places one by one in google? (Sorry, I just have never been in USA and don't know the system, and also feel a bit lost cos I never did anything like this before).

Looks like my mom definitely had some plan, as my mothers childhood friend said that the day before she's got missing, my mom told her that she's been offered an administrator job position in Miami, and that she has to go there, and once she's there, she will call her friend again to give her address where she'll stay. However, she's mention that she will be back in one week time.
Early morning January 24th she's called her mother to say Happy Birthday. My grandmother said she sounded exited and that she was rushing somewhere, but she didn't tell er anything.

My mom was very trustful person, extremely friendly, woman with a BIG heart, everyone knew this, and everyone always was trying to worn her, which she didn't like, cos she was always sure that she knows what she's doing. I guess that's why she didn't tell anyone about anything, apart from her childhood friend, who doesn't know much ether.

There is quiet a few bits and bobs that might help me with her search, but I just don't know yet how to use them, and I guess it would of been easier for me if I could come to New York, but obviously with this whole current situation in the world it's a bit tricky.

I know that she attended some class to learn English, and that she did meet a lot of friends there, who I believe could possibly be the ones who promised her something. I even feel that there could be something to do with religious sects.

I also have a person in mind, who I think knows something. I know the name, but can't find his number, because I can get it while being out of USA.
My mom couldn't wait until we all can come over, and she was trying so hard to make sure that we have all we need once we come. I have all her letters that she's sent to my dad. So much love, and so much hope for better future.

I know this sounds silly, but I still have so much hope that she's alive and that I will find her one day. I will never stop waiting or searching for her.

Dear Jaanniss, thanks for your reply and for your advice.

I think she's been promised something and then she was deceived, and then once she realized that she's been deceived, after a major stress she could possibly loose her memory as she was very emotional. I would be happy to check out all the shelters, medical care centers and other places you've mentioned - is there any list of this places I can find and go through them, or database I can use, or I just have to search this places one by one in google? (Sorry, I just have never been in USA and don't know the system, and also feel a bit lost cos I never did anything like this before).

Looks like my mom definitely had some plan, as my mothers childhood friend said that the day before she's got missing, my mom told her that she's been offered an administrator job position in Miami, and that she has to go there, and once she's there, she will call her friend again to give her address where she'll stay. However, she's mention that she will be back in one week time.
Early morning January 24th she's called her mother to say Happy Birthday. My grandmother said she sounded exited and that she was rushing somewhere, but she didn't tell er anything.

My mom was very trustful person, extremely friendly, woman with a BIG heart, everyone knew this, and everyone always was trying to worn her, which she didn't like, cos she was always sure that she knows what she's doing. I guess that's why she didn't tell anyone about anything, apart from her childhood friend, who doesn't know much ether.

There is quiet a few bits and bobs that might help me with her search, but I just don't know yet how to use them, and I guess it would of been easier for me if I could come to New York, but obviously with this whole current situation in the world it's a bit tricky.

I know that she attended some class to learn English, and that she did meet a lot of friends there, who I believe could possibly be the ones who promised her something. I even feel that there could be something to do with religious sects.

I also have a person in mind, who I think knows something. I know the name, but can't find his number, because I can get it while being out of USA.
My mom couldn't wait until we all can come over, and she was trying so hard to make sure that we have all we need once we come. I have all her letters that she's sent to my dad. So much love, and so much hope for better future.

I know this sounds silly, but I still have so much hope that she's alive and that I will find her one day. I will never stop waiting or searching for her.

Right now I'm thinking that Miami may be an important piece and needs more thought... I'd set that aside earlier because she had travelled to Miami before Christmas and returned safely ... the second trip to Miami is quite different. I'm holding the hope with you!

Happy New Year everyone!
Could someone please advice me on where is the best place I can check phone number or address for the person who lives in USA? Or if I have a phone number - where can I see who owns this phone number? I found intelius.com but I will have to pay for information, which is fine - but is it safe resource? Or is there any better one you could suggest? Many thanks

Hi everyone,

Ilana has been verified as Tatjana's daughter. As a VI, Ilana is allowed to share her knowledge and inside information about her mom's case without having to provide links to support what she states as fact.

Please be respectful to Ilana at all times. You may ask questions but do not argue with a VI or badger them for information that they may or may not have.

Thank you to Ilana and to everyone for being here to discuss Tatjana's case.

Happy New Year everyone!
Could someone please advice me on where is the best place I can check phone number or address for the person who lives in USA? Or if I have a phone number - where can I see who owns this phone number? I found intelius.com but I will have to pay for information, which is fine - but is it safe resource? Or is there any better one you could suggest? Many thanks

You might try whitepages.com. Others members may be able to recommend other sites that they find offer even more info.

Hi everyone,

Ilana has been verified as Tatjana's daughter. As a VI, Ilana is allowed to share her knowledge and inside information about her mom's case without having to provide links to support what she states as fact.

Please be respectful to Ilana at all times. You may ask questions but do not argue with a VI or badger them for information that they may or may not have.

Thank you to Ilana and to everyone for being here to discuss Tatjana's case.

Thank you very much!
Much appreciate everyones help and support.

You might try whitepages.com. Others members may be able to recommend other sites that they find offer even more info.
The problem with whitepages.com and some other websites is that they don't give me information because I'm not in USA. :-(

Whitepages Premium can only be accessed by users located inside the United States

I need to check a few USA numbers that I have, anyone knows how could I get info? Or maybe someone could check them for me please?

Many thanks

Ilana,
you might be able to add a VPN (virtual private network) to your internet browser. This can then route your internet traffic through the VPN, and temporarily give you a foreign (USA) IP address.

I have used them in the past to watch TV Shows online from other countries. Unfortunately, it has been a while, and I do not know a good one to recommend. What internet browser do you use right now, and do you access the internet on a computer or phone?

I would definitely recommend switching the VPN off when you don't need to use it.

I hope that this is helpful.

The problem with whitepages.com and some other websites is that they don't give me information because I'm not in USA. :-(

Whitepages Premium can only be accessed by users located inside the United States

I need to check a few USA numbers that I have, anyone knows how could I get info? Or maybe someone could check them for me please?

Many thanks

Hello Ilana! If you want to private message the name to me, I can run it through a subscription service I have to see if we can find updated contact information. If you know the person’s approximate age and at least one place the person has lived, that would be even more helpful. ❤️❤️❤️

Hello Ilana!

My name is Jane.

I found your mother's case on doenetwork.org. It caught my attention because I am currently living in Brooklyn. I speak Russian as well but I think it would be better to continue in English here.

I, also, read an article written by you "My Mom was lost in the USA in 1999" on vinograd.us. I noticed you mentioned that your mother's friend said that one Japanese guy offered her administrator job position in Miami... And this made me think. I understand it can be a gossip, but in my opinion would be great to start looking for a clue in that direction. I will explain why.
2 weeks ago I finished a very interesting non-fiction book written by British journalist Richard Lloyd Parry - "People who eat darkness: The fate of Lucie Blackman". The story was shocking. Young British 22 y.o. girl Lucie Blackman went with friend to Tokyo, Japan to work as bar administrator. She went missing few months later after her arrival to Japan. When her family came to Japan to take part in investigation they found out that she was working in Japanese club like a hostess (girl who welcomes and entertains guests). Long story short - her family was scared that she got in trouble and instead of offered club job she was pushing to do another job / they start thinking she was kidnapped and involved in sexual trafficking.

Lucie was missing in 1999. And the journalist (who was living in Tokyo for a long time and did his own investigation) describes how much Japanese men were interested in European women. He says that starting from 1998 Japanese club/bar managers started looking for young woman to invite them to work in Tokyo clubs. It was 1999 - the year when Japanese economy was experiencing its growth and for well-educated rich Japanese men to spend time with European young woman was like some kind of prestige.
Because there was not widespread Internet in that time asian employees sent their people to Europe and United States to hire girls. It is not just gossips - the author has a lot of proves in the book.

Does anyone know in which bar on Brighton Beach Tatjana was working?

Last edited:
There is a bar in Miami and one also in NY called Tatianas the woman who owns it looks extremely like your mother. I found her Facebook profile and her name is tatiana. It’s also a Russian based restaurant. Tatiana is of Russian decent. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post her picture here or not but you can message me and I will send it to you.

There is a bar in Miami and one also in NY called Tatianas the woman who owns it looks extremely like your mother. I found her Facebook profile and her name is tatiana. It’s also a Russian based restaurant. Tatiana is of Russian decent. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post her picture here or not but you can message me and I will send it to you.

Hi. Thank you. I know about this restaurant and about this woman. This is not my mom. Unfortunately

Hello Ilana!

My name is Jane.

I found your mother's case on doenetwork.org. It caught my attention because I am currently living in Brooklyn. I speak Russian as well but I think it would be better to continue in English here.

I, also, read an article written by you "My Mom was lost in the USA in 1999" on vinograd.us. I noticed you mentioned that your mother's friend said that one Japanese guy offered her administrator job position in Miami... And this made me think. I understand it can be a gossip, but in my opinion would be great to start looking for a clue in that direction. I will explain why.
2 weeks ago I finished a very interesting non-fiction book written by British journalist Richard Lloyd Parry - "People who eat darkness: The fate of Lucie Blackman". The story was shocking. Young British 22 y.o. girl Lucie Blackman went with friend to Tokyo, Japan to work as bar administrator. She went missing few months later after her arrival to Japan. When her family came to Japan to take part in investigation they found out that she was working in Japanese club like a hostess (girl who welcomes and entertains guests). Long story short - her family was scared that she got in trouble and instead of offered club job she was pushing to do another job / they start thinking she was kidnapped and involved in sexual trafficking.

Lucie was missing in 1999. And the journalist (who was living in Tokyo for a long time and did his own investigation) describes how much Japanese men were interested in European women. He says that starting from 1998 Japanese club/bar managers started looking for young woman to invite them to work in Tokyo clubs. It was 1999 - the year when Japanese economy was experiencing its growth and for well-educated rich Japanese men to spend time with European young woman was like some kind of prestige.
Because there was not widespread Internet in that time asian employees sent their people to Europe and United States to hire girls. It is not just gossips - the author has a lot of proves in the book.

Does anyone know in which bar on Brighton Beach Tatjana was working?

Hi Jane! I'm so sorry I did not reply back to you for so long, somehow I have missed this message and just noticed it now!

Thank you for sharing the story about Japanese people back in 1999.

Unfortunately, we don't know where exactly my mom was working back then :(

I just suggested Tatjana as a possible match on the WS thread for 1111UFNY.

1111UFNY was found less than five months after Tatjana went missing. Height, weight, age, race, and hair color and texture are all within range, and Tatjana has not been excluded as a match. Governors Island is also right next to Brooklyn where Tatjana was last seen.

I realize that Ilana, Tatjana's daughter who has regularly posted on here, may not know, given her age at the time and the distance involved, but did Tatjana own a "green and brown horizontally striped dress with spaghetti straps"? Did Tatjana have a "filling or crown present" in her dental work? This could help us understand better if we're looking in the right direction.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch
Back