Found Deceased NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm surprised this isn't getting more traffic. I've been following and I wondered a few things. Do they know where his cell phone last pinged? Is it possible he drove into the water? I can't seem to find any info as to whether they are searching the area waters for his car.

I also follow Robert Mayer and Michael Taus and am amazed there has been no trace of any of them. Long Island is so populated, I can't imagine vanishing like that.
I am surprised as well.....I haven't heard of any searches for Tom and am hoping that something will pop soon...…...Rob has been missing just six years and the only recent info was a reward being offered for info (why it took Ida so long to do this is anyone's guess)……...I remember Michael too !!!! His car was found running...IIRC

67166356_10217747221565027_8954856398110326784_n.jpg

Tom Kelsey missing: How Tom Kelsey went missing

Danielle Tam
From your first link, according to Facebook posts by Tom's friends:
  • He was walking to his truck, had glasses on and possibly a blue plaid shirt.
  • ...his phone is turned off and unable to track, he has not been tracked leaving the island through the city since February.
  • It is extremely unlike him to just disappear, not show up for work, and especially to not go home to his precious puppy, Sasha.

I just looked at Long Island Missing fb page...…...there is info there that I can't upload

How could the truck GPS and phone be off around the same time?

1) Tom intentionally turned both off.
2) Someone else turned them both off.
3) They are both underwater and inoperable.

Looking at the area on Google, I do not find much water access that would be undetectable- knocking down a fence or leaving tracks in the sand.

However, there is the boat ramp just next to the Katch. Attached is an overhead image of the Katch (Venetian Shores) with ramp in lower left, and a street level view of the ramp area. The thing with this boat ramp is that it is paved, just as a road is paved. Add drinking and maybe impatience and the unlikely becomes more likely.

I'm surprised a sonar boat search has not been used yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.08.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.08.31 PM.png
    515.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.07.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.07.19 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
How could the truck GPS and phone be off around the same time?

1) Tom intentionally turned both off.
2) Someone else turned them both off.
3) They are both underwater and inoperable.

Looking at the area on Google, I do not find much water access that would be undetectable- knocking down a fence or leaving tracks in the sand.

However, there is the boat ramp just next to the Katch. Attached is an overhead image of the Katch (Venetian Shores) with ramp in lower left, and a street level view of the ramp area. The thing with this boat ramp is that it is paved, just as a road is paved. Add drinking and maybe impatience and the unlikely becomes more likely.

I'm surprised a sonar boat search has not been used yet.

I saw that boat ramp yesterday on the map, so close to the parking lot. IMO it is a strong possibility. Does anyone know of any currents in the area, or know how deep the water is near the boat ramp?

I saw that boat ramp yesterday on the map, so close to the parking lot. IMO it is a strong possibility. Does anyone know of any currents in the area, or know how deep the water is near the boat ramp?

I was told from area residents that the waters all around the ramp are 4 ft for a few miles. Considering the amount of boats I saw launching this past weekend, someone would have seen it.

A search party is planned for Friday starting at 6 p.m. at Katch in Venetian Shores.

"Whoever that lives on the surrounding blocks or knows someone who does, please have their security cameras checked, and look for Tom's red Yukon XL," Kelsey's friend wrote on the Facebook event for the search party. "We need to find out which route he took and if there was anyone following him. If we all work together and check the surrounding areas as a team, we have a better chance of finding answers."

Search Party Scheduled In Lindenhurst For Missing LI Man

Search Party for Tom Kelsey (Event on Facebook)

67067538_10214589257669653_6968216264573452288_n.jpg

I think this is new: Desperate search for missing Long Island man underway

ETA: new article, no new info....

Where's that cherry red Yukon...

“There’s video of him leaving the parking lot but apparently no other video of the vehicle,” said Kelsey’s friend James Taylor, who was one of the people the missing man had drinks with.

Video of Tom leaving the parking lot makes it pretty unlikely he went down the boat ramp, since the parking lot exit is on the opposite side from the ramp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back